Theory on Lengthy DAS Advanced Registration Process

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
I have a hunch…I don’t think the 6+ hour wait times to chat online with someone about DAS advanced registration was a product of the service being understaffed specifically, nor from excessive numbers of people trying to register. I think instead, the “DAS” chat queue is rolled into the regular chat queue, with all of the DAS registrants in line with everyone else trying to chat about ADR’s, G+, and anything else. Hear me out…

1.We recently completed the advanced DAS registration process for a family member using my wife’s Disney account, accessing the chat from the DAS “request live video chat” link. Two days later, from my account, also going through the “request live video chat” link, I was able to text-chat with a CM to adjust the time of an Advanced Return Time. Then this morning, out of curiosity, I clicked the “Chat with us” tile in the MDE app, and it went straight back to the same chat dialog box I was using when I went through “request live video chat” when I adjusted the advanced return times.

2. if my theory is correct about DAS registration requests just being in the regular chat queue, the Advanced DAS registration process was rolled out at the same time as when lots of questions about G+ would have been coming up, and also 60 days before the holidays then people could start booking ADR’s for Christmas week. I imagine lots of varying chat requests for Thanksgiving trips we’re still happening, and in the first few weeks of January, folks we’re still chatting with Disney about awhole host of reasons related to trips that just concluded. Because now suddenly people trying to register for DAS in advance are reporting shorter waits to connect with the initial CM.

3. Sounds like once you got thru to the actual DAS CM, the process moved very quickly. I wonder if the initial CM on the chat doing some intake and/or the person doing advanced return times were just non-DAS, regular CM’s. Perhaps going through the “request live video chat” simply was a convenient way to alert the first chatting CM that it was for DAS, which is why they knew immediately to ask for details.

Anyone out there willing to test the theory and see if you can register for DAS in advance just by clicking on the “Chat With Us” tile in the app?

Comments and criticisms about my theory are welcome!

I don’t think so.
From what I understand/can figure out, since you are already logged into your Disney account at the start of the first chat, that chat is ‘attached’ to your account. So, it would make sense that if you click ‘chat’ again, it will load so same chat.

I did the video chat last week for my daughter and took some screenshots since it’s very easy to get them on an iPad. Right after I tapped the button to agree to the Terms and Conditions, I tapped the button to begin the video chat for DAS registration.
This message came up immediately in the Chat box thanking me for contacting the chat for DAS preregistration. I had not typed anything in, so the only indication they had that I wanted to register for DAS was my tapping that button.

CC8C389F-C845-49F1-B13D-0CCF14A3F873.jpeg
Just below that, there was a second continuation message saying to hang on and stay by the computer if I wanted to register for DAS and a link to the other chat if I already had DAS and needed to register for DAS Advance Selections.

166B7096-6C77-4A59-AC40-E001D054E68D.jpeg

within 5 or 6 minute, I had a message from the CM (Vance) who would be assisting me, asking for more information.

62130143-CB73-422E-9487-AD5E7A1FDCFE.jpeg

I expected a wait, but barely had time to type in the info that I was asked to provide before he was back, making sure the person I was requesting DAS for was able to be present.

I think the messages from the CM at the start of the chat are probably prescripted and automatically added. It sounded like the CM was actually typing it in for each call when it rolled out.
Reports I saw of the first calls, the CM was not asking the questions until they were already in the chat with the guest (who is this for, who is traveling with you, what is your first park date).
Having the information already in the chat window before the CM actually joins is a time saver - maybe not a lot of time for an individual call, but adds up by the end of the day.
Most of the reports I saw of the callers around the time of roll out indicated that the same CM registered the guest for DAS and arranged the DAS Advance Selections. That is now split into 2 separate roles. Doing that helped to decrease the wait for DAS registration - our DAS registration part literally took less than 4 minutes. The DAS Advance Selection took much longer. I’ve read people posting they took an hour just with the DAS Advance Selection CM. So, separating the roles would mean more guests could be processed for DAS Registration in the same time period.

Good explanation. At one time, my brain went into uber-conspiracy mode. I hypothesized that they (Disney) was making the process a nightmare in order to discourage people who don't actually need a DAS from "working the system." You know... "Lazy people won't wait hours on a chat just to save a few minutes of standing in lines."

We all know those people exist. My suspicious brain was just going into over-drive. I've slept since then. LOL

Very glad I ran across this thread. I've been watching the blue wheel spin for hours, and it never occurred to me that my popup blocker might be preventing me from ACTUALLY being in queue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter