Theming over attractions...

captain america 2003

Always ready to see The World !
I realize that when UNI reset the bar with its Harry Potter additions theming a land was taken to the next level . But , like UNI,Disney with both Pandora and Toy Story Land decided that theming was more important than attractions and even , in the case of TSL, surprisingly, gift shops . Don't get me wrong , all of these new areas look amazing and have some fantastic attractions . However , more new attractions should have been included in all of these lands (as well as the coming Galaxies Edge) . I mean UNI built one amazing new attraction and re-themed two , in Pandora Disney built only two new attractions , and again with TSL only two new attractions along with a small counter service restaurant , bathrooms , and a new entrance for TSMM . They eliminated a Meet n Greet area and a gift shop (Al's Toy Barn) from the original plans and probably should have included a new and improved Pizza Planet . I would have preferred they cut back on the theming and put that money into at least one more attraction in both lands and in the coming Galaxies Edge .

IMO, I think when Galaxies Edge opens, THAT's the part of HS that will be more well rounded. I think a lot of eggs are in that basket ( as well as a lot of $$ ). I, too, was somewhat surprised that the new area didn't have at least 1 more ride but with the space they had....

It seems TSL had a mis-calculation and allocated additional space to an un-necessary outdoor TSMM queue instead of the gift shop and popcorn stand that the Pixar alley had room for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter