Theme Park Tickets

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
I was just curious because I haven't read this on the board yet. Did anyone receive a pair of complimentary season passes from Disney when you booked your wedding there? I never knew they were coming and just got them in the mail. It was a great surprise!:smooth:

I had heard to rumor too. Ours were the same way - they just randomly showed up last week along with another envelope with our complimentary room night reservation (which I wish I was informed was coming). We already have an existing reservation through a travel agent. Our sales manager said it's no big deal to have your free night on a night other than your wedding - but he went ahead and made the ressie (knowing that we don't want to split our current reservation). So, now we have to go through our EM to get it changed!
I really wish they told us we'd be getting the passes after placing our deposit, because we already bought two passes to start to use on our planning trip in January. We did think about it and the money's already gone, so we'll just save the extra passes and use them on our next trip!

Sounds like a headache marn. We were thinking of purchasing the tickets early to get it over with, now I'm glad we didn't. I hope there are more suprises to come!

REALLY??? Disney sent you complimentary park tickets??WOW! What kind of passes were they? (Park Hopper, etc..). We're planning on purchasing our tickets ahead of time..how far ahead did Disney send them to you? Do they usually do this?

Cinderella03,
Disney sent us two annual passes (for free!) after we sent in our contract and deposit for our custom wedding. In some ways I wish we knew about it ahead of time, but we'll just save the extras that we purchased to use on a future trip!

Marne

Thanks marn913!
We should be getting our contract in March and hopefully Disney will send us a surprise in the mail too!! We're going down in May for our Planning Session..so maybe Disney will send them before--but I don't want to get my hopes up. I know we also receive a complimentary room the night of our Wedding. Do you know how that works? It's great to get advice from someone who's a bit further along in the plans than I am-Thanks!!

Originally posted by Cinderella03
Thanks marn913!
We should be getting our contract in March and hopefully Disney will send us a surprise in the mail too!! We're going down in May for our Planning Session..so maybe Disney will send them before--but I don't want to get my hopes up. I know we also receive a complimentary room the night of our Wedding. Do you know how that works? It's great to get advice from someone who's a bit further along in the plans than I am-Thanks!!

Hi Cinderella03!
We just received the comp tickets. As for the room, they will ask you what hotel you would like the free night at. We picked the Wilderness Lodge because we were staying there. You have your choice of any hotel. Hope this helps.

Thanks liquidsky88!
What kind of a complimentary room does Disney give you typically-garden view, lagoon view, etc...?? Just curious..

Cinderella,
Make sure that you persist if you want your comp night on a day other than your wedding night or if you want a different hotel. Our sales manager went ahead and made the ressie on our wedding night (even though we had previously informed him that we wanted to use it on another day!) The reservation was made without us knowing and now we have to change it through our event manager.

Originally posted by Cinderella03
Thanks liquidsky88!
What kind of a complimentary room does Disney give you typically-garden view, lagoon view, etc...?? Just curious..

They give you a standard room. If you want the upgraded room, you have to pay for it. You're best off just picking the hotel you're staying at. Disney asked us if we wanted the Grand Floridian. We thought it would be nice, but who wants to pack and move just for one night? You also have to tell them what night you want the free night or they will just make it your wedding night.

Thanks for the advice! I was hoping that since we are getting married during value season, that maybe we could get upgraded to a suite--just wishful thinking, I guess!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter