Theme Park Passes

vols001

Earning My Ears
We are going to join the DVC soon. I'm am wondering what type of passes can you get that will let you into everything. (All Theme Parks, Waterparks, Quest, & Pleasure Island) Like the resort magic pass(Length of stay pass) you get when you book a stay with the resort. And how much they run?
Thanks. :wave:

You can continue to purchase the LOS pass and receive a 10% discount when staying at DVC. You might also want to consider other options such as AP's or multi-day passes if you plan to be visiting for more than 8 days during every 12 month period.

There is also a special pass available to DVC members called Magic Years Pass. It good for 4 of the next 5 years for 5 days per year. Most members don't see it as a very good value but it is something to consider.

The book states that a LOS pass must be purchased by all in the room. I have an unused parkhopper.

Is this rule really enforced?

gscott8075 at DVC, LOS passes do not need to be purchased by all in the room through the ones not buying LOS passes will likely need some type of multi day pass to be excempt. They will also usually drop the first day or the last day, occasionally both if you ask nicely.

vols001, there are many types of admissions available. Some will get you into everything, some will only get you into the major parks, others will get you major parks one day and water parks/Disney Quest with a seperate ticket and so on. Here's a partial list:

1. UMP-Unlimited Magic Pass is a length of stay pass and gets you into everything but is expensive.
  2. Premium Annual Pass - gets you in to most everything but VERY expensive for most situations.
  3. Annual Pass - good for the major parks for a year and can be good if your going for 8 dyas or more in a 1 year period.
  4. Plus passes - are park hopper passes that have attached tickets for things like water parks or Disney Quest. They come in 4, 5, 6 and 7 day varieties with 1, 2, 3, or 4 attached plus tickets. You can (and should) use the regular admission and plus admission on seperate days. I think the 4 day plus are not available to the public.
  5. Regular Park Hopper tickets get you into the major parks and let you go from park to park.
  6. 4 Day non park hopper tickets allow you to go to one park per day and not park hop. For the $10 or so extra, it's worth getting the park hopper 4 day ticket.
  7. Single day admission - very expensive for the major parks and you can only go to one park on one ticket.
  8. Water Parks and Disney Quest can be bought individually at prices much less than the major parks. Usually in the $25-30 per day range compared to a single day admission of around $48 per day.
  9. There are also special tickets like the FL only 4 days for $99, military tickets, AAA tickets and special tickets and prices for groups.
    [/list=1]
    I hope this helps you. What's best for you depends on you situation, length of stay and planned habits. I personally feel for most that the Plus passes are the best value unless you can get a special or group ticket that fits your needs. The annual (and Premium) passes (and FL only annual passes) can be a good deal for long trips and multiple trips within a year. I agree that the special DVC park hopper tickets are not good for most people.

I hope this is helpful. I'm sur others will have additional info.

Here is a link to the <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm#UMP%20Prices%20for%202001">Ultimate Park Hopper</a> pass list. Just deduct 10% from the basic price to figute the DVC discount. (You cannot combine discounts)

Everyone mentiosn the 10% off UMP / LOS Passes. ANy break on multi-day park hopper passes? What about an annual water park pass? ANy price break there?

There is a 10% DVC discount on single day admissions to both Typhoon Lagoon and PI, but NO discount for annual passes for anything. Also- NO discount on Hoppers. The DC is still the best bet there.

Enjoy!

If you are a member of AAA you can also buy discounted Hopper passes from them before you leave. I believe it is the same discount given by the Disney Club.
Paul

Or...........you can go to Super WalMart in Kissimmee and get them there, at approx. the same savings as AAA and DC.

If you join "Connections", you can get a 4 day Plus hopper for $196.54 and the membership is only $1.00 for the first 30 days. If you don't cancel before then, its like $80.00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter