The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Anyone know if there is something going on with the Y&R?
Why all the going down memory lane?
Are there people leaving? Seems they are wrapping up a few story lines.
Just wondering. :flower1:

Anyone know if there is something going on with the Y&R?
Why all the going down memory lane?
Are there people leaving? Seems they are wrapping up a few story lines.
Just wondering. :flower1:

I know Christian LeBlanc just celebrated 30 years with Y&R, so that’s why Michael went down Memory Lane.

It has been very boring lately. Whenever they do these dream/flashback episodes, it doesn’t move the story forward.

And I DESPISE the current storyline with Devon the sperm donor wanting custody of Dominic. And so many people - Amanda, Nate, and Lily - encouraging him to do so.

I saw recently that the actor who plays Ashland is leaving the show. I wish they would keep him around but go back to making him ruthless.

Yes I agree - Devon knew he was only the sperm donor and doesn't currently even think what Miranda went through and she actually carried the child for 9 months and although having difficulty at times, not seeking custody of poor "Dom".

Last edited:
Well the soap pages say they may write into the storyline that there was a mixup at the lab and Devon is not the father, duh hasn't that already happened over the years? And I thought Abbey had no eggs anymore and that Mariah was both egg donor and surrogate?

Well the soap pages say they may write into the storyline that there was a mixup at the lab and Devon is not the father, duh hasn't that already happened over the years? And I thought Abbey had no eggs anymore and that Mariah was both egg donor and surrogate?

Seems like that would be impossible in this case. I think the doctor would’ve take Abby‘s egg, fertilized it, and then implanted it in Mariah…

Agree with others….so tired of Devon. And why are so many people telling him to proceed? He should have approached it more slowly, asking if Dom could occasionally spend the night or weekend at his house. Maybe spinning it as a date night opportunity for Abby and Chance.

I saw recently that the actor who plays Ashland is leaving the show. I wish they would keep him around but go back to making him ruthless.

Yes, he was fired for breaking covid protocol. The actor who played Josh Lewis on Guiding Light will be taking his place.
Ashland is definitely up to something…..

Yes, he was fired for breaking covid protocol. The actor who played Josh Lewis on Guiding Light will be taking his place.
Oh I like Robert Newman from Guiding Light. He could probably have been a stand-in for Nick if necessary before now, because there is a slight resemblance and his last name is Newman to boot
:D

OK there's one thing I don't understand about the concept of using Chance's emotional status right now against him as a parent. Yes he didn't hear the baby crying once but counselling and a nanny can help with that. If everything were biological parent-wise, a child would not be taken from a family because of mental distress unless there was harm or neglect to the baby. For instance they do not take a baby away because a mother has port-partum depression. Terrible storyline and the writers better bring that idea up in the near future.

Last edited:
Oh, I have always had a crush on Robert Newman! I can't wait to see what he looks like now. Only bad thing is that I can't stand the character of Ashland. Josh Lewis would never be that kind of man! :)

OK there's one thing I don't understand about the concept of using Chance's emotional status right now against him as a parent. Yes he didn't hear the baby crying once but counselling and a nanny can help with that. If everything were biological parent-wise, a child would not be taken from a family because of mental distress unless there was harm or neglect to the baby. For instance they do not take a baby away because a mother has port-partum depression. Terrible storyline and the writers better bring that idea up in the near future.
Yeah and a mom can be a single mom. Moms all over parent solo. So why the big ta doo over daddy Chance not being on form right now? Pa-ha-lease...if that were reason enough for us all to lose custody there would be like 80% of kids in foster care. Ridoncous.

The previous Chance was a man. NuChance seems like a teen, at best. Awful recast.
Yes the old storyline was that he wouldn't marry Abby unless she wanted kids, he "HAD" to have children in his family. PTSD does a number on people but as the discussion is going, children aren't taken away because one of the two parents aren't 100% capable at present.

I am *this close* to giving up on this show because of the Abby, Chance, Devon storyline. I am offended on so many levels that I can’t even voice all of my complaints right now. 😡

I am *this close* to giving up on this show because of the Abby, Chance, Devon storyline. I am offended on so many levels that I can’t even voice all of my complaints right now. 😡
The online rumours are that Hillary's ghost will visit Devon and try to reason with him about the situation - they sure have a lot of "spirits" visit their characters don't they...

The online rumours are that Hillary's ghost will visit Devon and try to reason with him about the situation - they sure have a lot of "spirits" visit their characters don't they...

Those dream episodes are boring to me. I credit them to lazy writing as they often do nothing to move the story forward. However, if Hillary’s ghost can talk Devon out of this insanity, then I’m all for it!

Those dream episodes are boring to me. I credit them to lazy writing as they often do nothing to move the story forward. However, if Hillary’s ghost can talk Devon out of this insanity, then I’m all for it!
Well I guess the dream didn't happen because Abbey and Chance gave in to Demon (oops I mean Devon) and gave him shared custody and Devon wants another condition, that the kid's last name will be expanded to Winters Chancellor. What a way to make you hate one of the nice guy characters of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter