• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

Okay, I'll join in! The worst meal we've ever had, that has caused me to vow never to go back, was at Beaches and Cream last July 2020. I had the Reuben sandwich, and my sister had the French Dip. There was so much fat throughout the corned beef, like big chunks of fat, that it still makes me gag when I think about it, with barely a smear of thousand island on it, and very scant coleslaw. It was just disgusting. I think they left the dip part out of my sister's French Dip. The meat was more like jerky, and there was very little of it. Thankfully, she can tolerate fatty meat, so offered to give me a half of her sandwich, and she took half of mine, but we were like never again. The service was also terrible. For $16 and $17 respectively, these sandwiches were totally not worth it. I'm a half full kind of girl, and always willing to give things a second chance, but I'm seriously scared away from B&C now. We were so looking forward to this meal, too. My root beer float was good though, as was my sister's glass of wine. One other thing, since the remodel, B&C has totally lost it's charm. The end.

If you eat with your eyes first, then this looks like a loser. Even the onion rings couldn't save this meal. They were greasy and under salted, and just not good.

See, I wasn't exaggerating! :scared: :crazy2:
View attachment 556268

Where's the beef? :confused3 I nominate this pic for most unappetizing photo of the year award!
I wouldn't have eaten that and I would have asked for it to be taken off the check.

Last month I took one bite of the hot dog my husband was eating from Friar Tuck's, it bothered me the rest of the day.
It was the hot dog flavor I remember as I kid and I hated hot dogs as a kid. :crazy2:

Coral Reef - cool enough atmosphere food was mediocre at best
Sci-fi diner - food was average and overpriced.
Satu'li Canteen - burger pod thing tasted like a McDonald’s kids meal burger and the combo bowl I had was inedible
Casey’s Corner - hot dogs were nothing special.

I haven't eaten at the other two on your list, but I agree with both of these. In fact, in my experience before SWGE, it seemed to me that Sci-fi was always a place where my kids and I could easily go without ADRs. There were always open reservations. The food was indeed average.

I think it would be awesome if at EPCOT during the food and wine show at the American pavilion if they were to bring in a legitimate regional specialty. Like bring in the best cheesesteak from Philly. Bring in that crazy sandwich from Pittsburgh. St Louis ribs or whatever. But, have the actual place make it. Not some cheesy Disney version of it. bring in the actual best to do it. Bring in John’s from Philly. Bring in the best guy from Austin to make the best barbecue. Bring in the top pizza place in Connecticut. The line would be so long.
I would be kicking people out of the way to get a Primani Bros Sammitch. I miss Pittsburgh.

On another note, I truly miss the breakfast that used to be served (years ago) at Tony's in the MK. It used to be a tradition on every trip. Still sad it's gone.
I remember going for breakfast during one of my first trips in the 90s. If I remember correctly you got really yummy cinnamon rolls with every breakfast. I also remember ordering fresh strawberries with fresh whipped cream. I have never been for lunch or dinner and have no desire to based on the reviews. I am also now gluten free, so that plays part in that too.

I remember going for breakfast during one of my first trips in the 90s. If I remember correctly you got really yummy cinnamon rolls with every breakfast. I also remember ordering fresh strawberries with fresh whipped cream. I have never been for lunch or dinner and have no desire to based on the reviews. I am also now gluten free, so that plays part in that too.
Those cinnamon rolls were the best!!!

Satu'li Canteen - burger pod thing tasted like a McDonald’s kids meal burger and the combo bowl I had was inedible
Casey’s Corner - hot dogs were nothing special.
Sci-Fi -my adult sons said the meals were too big. I think this is a good place for sharing.
Satu'li- people rave about it but we all thought it was extremely meh.

Worst dining experience as a whole... for me Le Cellier. Bad food, so so service, tables way too close together. This was back in the day where it was THE RESERVATION that you HAD to get.

It was a one and done for us. The waiter was the worst most inattentive I have ever had in my life and my husband makes a better steak. I regret wasting the money.

I will say that if I compare the food from Cedar Point (live not to far from ) and WDW, WDW beats it hands down. We had an okay experience at Tony's years ago and never been back since. I would think that with that being prime retail, someone would get the Italian act in order.

Columbia Harbor House.......probably should've known better to order the lobster roll, but it was hands down the most pathetic, gross thing I've ever attempted to eat on property. Stale hotdog roll with a tablespoon of mayo with the tip of a tail. I laughed and brought it right back to the counter to get something else. Even the CM who took it from me shook head and said, "I know honey, it's bad".

Had a "Walt's Chili-Cheese All-Beef Foot-long Hot Dog" at the lunching pad this weekend. The chili was good, but the hot dog was so salty it was inedible. It was actually saltier than the potato chips that came with the meal. I ended up eating the chili with some of the bun and leaving most of the hot dog.

I haven't eaten at the other two on your list, but I agree with both of these. In fact, in my experience before SWGE, it seemed to me that Sci-fi was always a place where my kids and I could easily go without ADRs. There were always open reservations. The food was indeed average.

Years ago we had the absolute worst experience at sci-fi. So bad they actually refunded us for the meal at guest services because the manager refused to do anything about the terrible food and service at the restaurant. Single worst meal I've ever had on Disney property!

We once had a meal so bad the chef who brought it out to us was making grossed out faces about the food as she was putting it on the table. (allergy order=chef)

What was so bad? It was the friggin pancakes! She apparently didn't know how to make a gluten free pancake, and had NO other ideas, so she came out with a plate full of slightly warm goo, that had burnt outsides and the inside was actually lukewarm and almost felt like jello!
This was at adult buffet prices at Cape May. She didn't even throw in a side of meat, it was the most disgusting horrible attempt at breakfast. She actually stuck out her tongue, made a gagging face repeatedly and kept shrugging and saying she didn't know what to do for us. (basically gluten, soy, dairy and egg free) Two of the five of us didn't eat at all.

(to make it an even worse let down, we were there because TJ had recently been transferred there, but he was out that week, so we went hoping to see a reliable friend who does magic, and got inedible goop that likely wasn't even safe to eat)

Worst quick service: Yak & Yeti (the Disney-operated quick service, not the Landry's owned table service) - I've had better microwavable frozen dinners

Worst table service: Via Napoli - the food was good, we enjoy Neapolitan pizza, but it was the worst service I've ever had anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter