The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

Best Pretzel: Pandora in AK (where they serve the boba drinks) or Villains Lair on top of BLT.

Worst Service: The old Wave (now Steahouse 71), the server sucked and then he upped his tip on his own. Called guest services and they refunded us the difference.

Worst Service 2: Villains Lair. We had seating issues as they clearly didn't want to seat a party of two at a 4-person table. They pretended to take our information for a waitlist, and they didn't. Server had to come back three times to verify our order of two drinks and an app.

Worst TS: Homecoming. On two separate trips, bit into the boneless fried chicken biscuit app and nearly lost a tooth on bone.

Overpriced: pretty much everything, but the little dish of olives or tiny box of truffle fries at Enchanted Rose is wayyyyyy overpriced.

Best Service: Hoop-de-doo, to finish on a positive note. Our DD was not feeling well so server offered alternate food options that she could stomach, plus brought some saltine crackers and allowed us to take some food in case she felt better and got hungry later (which she did). Also brought out two rounds of alcoholic drinks at the outset so we didn't have to wait for another round.
Yikes!

Cosmic Rays- we each got through 2 bites of our burgers and threw them out. The warnings we’d seen were indeed accurate.

Via Napoli QS window- congealed cheese masquerading as pizza. A couple bites was all I could stomach. All the choices in EP and I went for fast and easy when I got hungry, very dumb decision. Would have been faster to throw some cash in the nearest trash can 😆

Lol so after reading page after page…sounds like darn near every restaurant at WDW is the worst.

In all reality, I get that people have bad experiences at places. And that service can often be lacking. Further, that WDW restaurants are not at the peak of quality or taste.

But isn’t this a bit of an exercise in futility? These aren’t restaurants with one owned/ operated by the Smiths, another owned/operated by the Jones, etc… all but a couple of restaurants in the parks are owned and operated by the same folks; corporate Disney. Doesn’t it follow that they all source raw ingredients from the same vendors, probably have cast members fluctuate from one to the next and staff different restaurants based on that day’s demands, etc…?

My list:

CRT is just overall not good, too expensive of the food and service,
Le chef's of Paris..... just bad service and OK food,
BOMA, the smoked/grilled meat is delicious, but as my wife likes to say, everything else's the same (like dirt is the phrase she likes), and none of the deserts are safe for like half of the family, Breakfast there is also just ok, personally I prefer the quick service next door,
Whispering Canyon, family style is hard to do well, and I don't want 75 people bringing ketchup to my table,

Worst experience at character breakfast? Without doubt Tusker House breakfast. Uninterested staff, and worse uninterested characters! Let's face it we don't pay all that money for the food, it's for the character interaction (for us anyway).

Lol so after reading page after page…sounds like darn near every restaurant at WDW is the worst.
Yes, very predictable. Just about every restaurant will show up in these 'negative' leaning posts. And just as predictable, you'll find these same restaurants out there with people claiming they are the best and must-do every trip! Are there poor meal experiences? Absolutely. No question. But I know for us, over the past 2 years as things continue to work back to a more normal situation at WDW post-Covid concerns, we've had many meals at Disney. For us, 75% have been outstanding with fun, capable cast members making the meal extra special. 20% have been just 'good', without issue but without the extra magic that we might hope for. And 5% have left us leaving with negative thoughts about the food or about the server. Rough estimates, of course.

People have different tastes and different experiences. When we have an experience we don't care for, we move on to other restaurants and leave the bad one behind. I have to shake my head a laugh a bit at some of the restaurants mentioned here in a bad way - several are places we do most every trip and have had incredible meals at! I don't need to name names, because it's just our experience anyway! But I do find it hard to believe some are describing the same place we enjoy almost every trip!

Just wondering… has Disney food ever been good?
Way back, it was great! I think it's still pretty good for park food. I compare it to Six Flags food which to me, is nearly inedible.

Even restaurants I have enjoyed sometimes get really bad reviews. All I can say is, if something is really terrible, please take the time to return and get your money refunded. If no one complains, they don't care.

Just got back from a trip the first week in December and the items I thought were 'below average' were the pastries at the bakery in France. Overpriced and stale. The rest of our food was pretty good the whole trip.

Most overrated: Gideons Bakehouse

Are the cookies good? Yeah of course they are good, but I have multiple places around me with big good cookies like there’s.

Is it worth waiting in line for a half hour or more? Absolutely not.

:scared:
The new lake house cookie bar looks intriguing but it’s probably the same.

Just wondering… has Disney food ever been good?
In our opinion, yes. It actually used to be really good. But we think we noticed a watering down of the offerings and a decline in quality with the expansion of the Disney Dining Plans 15-20 years ago - especially the "free" (which isn't actually free!) plans. I will say, though, having done a few trips in the past 2 years, we've enjoyed some really outstanding meals again.... Expensive, but really good. But, here comes DDP again.... guess we'll see if they have to back off on certain offerings again to keep DDP profitable....

Agreed. Some people just like to complain. Some WDW food is great, other offerings not so much. Something for everyone (cheapo hamburgers vs Victoria and Alberts)
My standout for great food and service is Story Book Dining at Artists Point. The food was excellent and we paid just over what we'd pay for (very) mediocre food at Chef Mickeys. Give it a try!

Most overrated: Gideons Bakehouse

Are the cookies good? Yeah of course they are good, but I have multiple places around me with big good cookies like there’s.

Is it worth waiting in line for a half hour or more? Absolutely not.

:scared:

I couldn't agree more! We were so excited to finally get to try them and they just were not worth the wait. Certainly not BAD, but they didn't live up to the the hype. You definitely have to prefer a very soft/underbaked/cakey cookie to enjoy them, and that's just not our taste.

But the experience was still fun, the decor is great and the staff were fantastic!

Way back, it was great! I think it's still pretty good for park food. I compare it to Six Flags food which to me, is nearly inedible.

Even restaurants I have enjoyed sometimes get really bad reviews. All I can say is, if something is really terrible, please take the time to return and get your money refunded. If no one complains, they don't care.

Just got back from a trip the first week in December and the items I thought were 'below average' were the pastries at the bakery in France. Overpriced and stale. The rest of our food was pretty good the whole trip.
I agree about French pastries! I used to love going here. The lines have always been long, but the servers were dealt with seemed almost crabby, and one kept talking to the girl next to her instead of our order. We both ended up (twice-was hoping the first time was a fluke) thinking the items were cold, hard and flavorless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter