The Worst Fast Food Restaurant in Each State (as of 2023)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Food.png

I dont eat Popeyes so I can not confirm nor deny if they're the worst, lol.​

I can't believe Schlotzsky s is even listed! I really liked them. I don't eat much fast food anymore and I think most of them have declined in quality.

Last edited:
If Smashburger is the worst, we're pretty well off here in Illinois! It's probably the best of the mid-level burger chains out there.

I love the Popeye's chicken sandwich. The service can be hit or miss, depending on location (one in my area doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on, two others have been good).

I don't think I've ever been to Panda Express.

I was last at a McDonald's a couple of years ago, the rest I haven't tried in over a decade. I used to like fast food, but I just sort of got out of the habit of eating it.

I like Popeyes! A lot of people seem to not like them because the service can be slow and sometimes restaurants are dirty, but it's the best fast food fried chicken I can get around me. Bojangles is better, but those aren't close by.

I can't believe Schlotzchy s is even listed! I really liked them. I don't eat much fast food anymore and I think most of them have declined in quality.

I know, right? I love Schlotzsky's! We only have one here, but it's always great.

Surprised White Castle, Checkers and KFC aren't more prominent or listed at all. Would rather eat out of a dumpster than go to those places.

We were just discussing last night how our kids have never eaten at a White Castle, but they love the frozen ones from the grocery store. DH would probably fight someone on KFC. He likes them so much more than Popeye's and Church's.

We were just discussing last night how our kids have never eaten at a White Castle, but they love the frozen ones from the grocery store. DH would probably fight someone on KFC. He likes them so much more than Popeye's and Church's.
Now that you mention it...there isn't a White Castle even remotely close to where I live. Maybe that's why it's not listed - there aren't that many locations. The food there is so gross. I can't even stomach the frozen version.

Now that you mention it...there isn't a White Castle even remotely close to where I live. Maybe that's why it's not listed - there aren't that many locations. The food there is so gross. I can't even stomach the frozen version.

I've loved White Castle since I was a kid. It was often an end of school year treat. We literally were discussing locations last night (and how nothing is near us) and I saw this graphic...

1706723999682.png
1706724107551.png

Surprised White Castle, Checkers and KFC aren't more prominent or listed at all. Would rather eat out of a dumpster than go to those places.
KFC locations near us are all poorly run, even the KFC/AW combos. One location last year ran out of chicken.........not cooked chicken, but chicken to cook. How does THAT happen?

Oh Lord White Castle, ALWAYS our first stop on our way to my wife's Aunt's house from the airport in St. Louis. We haven't been back in almost 20 years and it WILL be our first stop in April when we finally go back. But, other than the frozen versions sold at Costco and all the grocery stores here, you can't get them in California.

I've loved White Castle since I was a kid. It was often an end of school year treat. We literally were discussing locations last night (and how nothing is near us) and I saw this graphic...

View attachment 830266
View attachment 830267
Ah, that explains it. I ate White Castle often when I still lived in NJ and I don't think I can stomach it ever again. Same with Checkers. There is a location near me but I remember them being way more common in NJ.

I love Taco Bell, Burger King, Firehouse and Subway.
Haven't been to several of those listed and don't care for the rest

This map makes no sense at all. What is it based on? Did they take a poll of each state to see what they like the least? I find it really hard to believe that California hates Panda the most, and SmashBurger should never be on any "worst" list anywhere. Were they given a comprehensive list of fast food restaurants to choose from and told to pick one from there? Because I don't see the large majority of people picking some of the really random ones like Qdoba and Shake Shack all on their own...mostly it feels like they were just thrown in there for regional reasons in order to make the map look more varied. And even though White Castle may not have a ton of locations, it has a reputation for being one of the most reviled fast food chains in existence, so it's weird that it's not on there at all, yet there are only TEN Schlotzky's in all of Kansas (338 total in the US), and yet somehow I'm supposed to believe that won the majority of the state?

I know maps like these are meant to be "fun" but they always seem like they have no basis in reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter