The World is crying

What a terrible tragedy!! Prayers for all the families and for our nation!!!

DH and I watched the shuttle go up the morning of the 16th, as we had just come back from our Carnival Fantasy cruise. We were taken back to the Radisson, and watched from the big open area on the side. DH got it on video too. How sad that it didn't make it back safely. We've been watching the TV coverage too. It's something you just never expect to happen. :(

We spent the day at Kennedy Space Center after getting off our 1/19 Wonder cruise. We turned on the tv this morning at 8am est so my DS(6) could watch the shuttle come out of orbit and land.

He said he still wants to go to the moon, but now he is worried about getting back safely.

We are sad, and our prayers go out to the familes.

Thoughts and prayers for all the families of the brave adventurers. How terribly sad for Israel to lose their first astronaut and have a moment of great national pride turn to mourning....in adversity we unite. My 7 year old has been studying about the space station and the shuttle. Planned to see the space center in March before the cruise. They have been following this shuttle mission closely. This will be a sad discussion since she knew that the astronauts had kids too.... Thank you to all who serve our country...

I checked my e-mail and it said ABC BREAKING NEWS SPACE SHUTTLE COLUMBIA CRASHED!! I didnt belive it. I turned on the tv and found out it was true. My heart goes out to all the familes of the astronuts. I still cant belive it crashed!
Matt:( :( :confused:

the incredible sadness of another tragic loss for the American people, and the Israeli people. Such loss touches us all deeply. It was less than a year ago my family paused at the memorial at Kennedy Space Centre. So sad to be reminded of such sacrifice again, and to know more names of brave souls will be added to that wall.

May God be with the familiy and friends of the astronauts, and with you all.

May God give peace and comfort to their families and friends in this time of tragedy.

Rae

This is a truly sad day...the tragedy of the loss of these brave men and women is not confined by borders...the ripples begin with you, and rapidly begin to spread outward. Events that happen in our global back yard, so to speak, cannot help but be felt across the world. If only we could unite in such a way in times other than tragedy. To echo Shirley, God Bless the Universe...and the families.

What a terrible tragedy. We have been out all day and just came home , logged onto the Board and saw this horrible news.

It brings back such sad memories of the Challenger disaster 17 years ago. It was a bittersweet day as it was the day my niece was born.

Our thoughts and prayers to all the families.

Let's keep praying for the families and friends of the brave astornauts we lost today. I hope that it was all over before they even knew what was happening. There are several families that now have no mother or father tonight. I cannot imagine and do not want to imagine how much pain and sorrow they are experiencing tonight. God bless them all!
I cannot stand to watch any more coverage tonight. I think I will just sign off for tonight. Everyone take care and tell your loved ones that you love them--hug and kiss them.

Shirley and Norm,

We are so sorry for the tragedy in your community today. It must be so hard to have such sadness in your hometown. Please know that many thoughts and prayers are with Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center. I know you have many contacts and friends involved so closely to this tragedy. Shirley and Norm, I have no doubt that you are doing all that is possible to comfort and help anyone who may be effected by this. I wish I could do something for the two of you.

UH... America has certainly had it's share of sadness. We have been hit at many different angles, but we will never give up for we are AMERICA!!!

God Bless Everyone, especially the family and friends of the heros on the Columbia. As President Reagan stated after Challenger... "They have touched the face of God."

With love and prayers,
Beth

:(

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the 7 lost today.
God bless them all, in this sadden time!!

Prayers for the astronauts families. We were on the Disney shuttle back to the airport this morning from our 7 day Magic Cruise...we were waiting to hear the sonic boom and possibly see the shuttle. It was our bus driver that told us that they had lost radio contact and the last time that happened was the Challenger - it was quite a somber end to what had been a fabulous vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter