• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting about the merch. I figured most would be Griffindor or Slytherin. I hope to pick up something Griffindor as the house colors are very close to my College colors (Garnet and Gold) but I would like something with Ravenclaw as well.

As for the Universal really they as should have expected this. They've know this for how many months so I'm sorry but this is their business and they should've known how to handle it better. It's no excuse for being rude.

It's interesting about the merch. I figured most would be Griffindor or Slytherin. I hope to pick up something Griffindor as the house colors are very close to my College colors (Garnet and Gold) but I would like something with Ravenclaw as well.

Yeah I hate the emphasis on Gryffindor and Slytherin cause I'm a huge Ravenclaw fan and was hoping to get some cool stuff. I'm wondering how much will appear on eBay in the next few weeks and for how much!

Yeah I hate the emphasis on Gryffindor and Slytherin cause I'm a huge Ravenclaw fan and was hoping to get some cool stuff. I'm wondering how much will appear on eBay in the next few weeks and for how much!

It doesn't shock me too much. There is the emphasis on Griffindor and Slytherin in the books and the movies.

I'm happy to hear there's ANY Ravenclaw (and presumably Hufflepuff?) merchandise! :cool1:

I was really hoping for a t-shirt when we went to see the travelling exhibition in Toronto, but all the souvenirs on sale were for Gryffindor and Slytherin. Well, except for things like house crest bookmark sets (which look cool, but can't be used on real books because they tear the pages) and a 4-house crest mug (which my daughter criticized on the basis that Ravenclaw should have an eagle, not a raven?? :confused3).

Does anyone have a picture of any of the t-shirts? I'd love to see a Hufflepuff one. Are there really House baseball caps?

To be honest, people complaining here is more effective than contacting Universal. Universal is highly unlikely to respond in a meaningful way, but the bad reports plus pictures and pretty mediocre video footage has already convinced me to stay far away from IoA for the next year or so. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for plenty of other posters/lurkers.

Yeah, but you're basing your choice off someone else's opinion of a soft opening. How does that make sense?

Softs are going well so far this morning. Sounds like the onsite crowd is smaller.

The general public has now been let into WWoHP according to people on Twitter who have been waiting at the gates. They're telling them it's only open until 10am, but that's what they were telling package/on-site guests too, so who knows!

I can't decide if I'm excited or disappointed about this... :confused3

That is exactly why we did our hotel room booking for Memorial Day weekend. I figured they would not soft till after the holiday crowds. As a local it's cool to know I could go in there again but as a hotel guest I would probably be ticked. Yesterday I got my money's worth paying for the room by riding FJ four times with walk-on for three of those. With the GP being let in (if it's true), people who paid the same (well, probably more) have to fight a bigger crowd. It would make more sense for them to still get the 2 hours exclusive and then let in GP.

That is exactly why we did our hotel room booking for Memorial Day weekend. I figured they would not soft till after the holiday crowds. As a local it's cool to know I could go in there again but as a hotel guest I would probably be ticked. Yesterday I got my money's worth paying for the room by riding FJ four times with walk-on for three of those. With the GP being let in (if it's true), people who paid the same (well, probably more) have to fight a bigger crowd. It would make more sense for them to still get the 2 hours exclusive and then let in GP.

Apparently they're letting the general public in to a maximum of 2500 people since hotel reservations are down. I have no idea how many people were in the area for the 2 hours over the weekend but it would be interesting to know how much bigger the crowds will be with this controlled GP access.

Also, the Three Broomsticks will open to non-breakfast people at 10am, according to a Twitter source!

Does anyone know what time the parking lot opens so that my family can get in line early? We'll be down in 2 weeks and my kids are hoping we can get in.

RA VEN CLAW! RA VEN CLAW!:cool1:

Look! I found a picture of a Ravenclaw t-shirt at the Orlando Airport! And the luggage looks cool, too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/4657574963/

4657574963_abb35c8ef3.jpg

From the same Photostream, here's a close up of a Slytherin t-shirt...

4658198160_af7bf493ce.jpg

And some general Wizarding World apparel...

4658197008_a31ece7cea.jpg

Are those baseball caps on the middle shelf?

Still looking for Hufflepuff t-shirt pictures... but if it's a similar design, I know I'll be happy.

:wizard:

The merchandise looks good. I'm really looking forward to checking out the new area this November. It's the only reason we're buying USF/IOA tickets this year!

What?? They're letting the public in to share the same preview at the same time as the package people and resort guests?? And still close at the same time?? This is seriously pissing me off. Why did I pay for an onsite resort room 2 months ago to see this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter