The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip! NEW 3/6

Your character meet looked fun and your meal looks very yummy but wow they gave you so much food :)

It was so delicious, we are taking the whole family back! And can you believe, these were the SMALL portions! We were wondering what they do with all of the extra food. I wish they didn't put so much on the plate to start. It may make an extra return trip for the waiter, but I think they should limit the amount of food to limit waste. It's way too much!

So enjoying your report... happy, silly girls! Can't wait to do a Mother/Daughter trip to the World....someday. I always feel guilty leaving my DH behind though! I really enjoyed your AoA pics and comments...we are staying there in 10 days, in a Nemo Suite.
Loved your view from your previous trip at PO, was that fire pit lit every night? How awesome that would be to have right outside!

So enjoying your report... happy, silly girls! Can't wait to do a Mother/Daughter trip to the World....someday. I always feel guilty leaving my DH behind though! I really enjoyed your AoA pics and comments...we are staying there in 10 days, in a Nemo Suite.
Loved your view from your previous trip at PO, was that fire pit lit every night? How awesome that would be to have right outside!

Aw, thanks! We definitely are happy. Sometimes a little too happy for our own good ;) The Nemo section was so amazing!!! I wish we could have stayed in a suite but it made absolutely no sense to pay for the upgrade for just 2 people. I just live vicariously through others ;)

Honestly, I have no idea about the fire pit. We were back sooooo late every night, if it was lit, we must have missed it! A little sad we didn't take advantage of it, but then again, we know what fire looks like! :rotfl2:

HELLO DISBOARDS!

Well, we are back from our Spring Break trip! We were in Disney from March 15-22nd. Our whole family was together (Mom, Dad, myself, brother, and sister) and we had a great time in the most magical place on Earth.

And now we have PDD (post Disney depression)......​

Now....back to August....

The Kingdom's FLOODING....SHUT IT DOWN!

We waddled out of 'Ohana and made our way to the monorail. As we stood clear of the doors and made our exit, it began to rain. We didn't care though. We were at the Magic Kingdom!

Everyone knows that the parks have shorter lines in the rain. A little H2O can't make us melt!​

On second thought....maybe we're at the rainy kingdom...

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1180_zps6865cdaf.jpg

It was a sea of ponchos! Where were our ponchos? In the backpack..... We weren't in the mood to wear them. So we didn't!

Ponchos can be all sticky and icky so we decided to take our chances. We're just a couple of crazy ducks!​

Who needs a map? I don't need a map! I know where I'm going.... I think....

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1181_zps978a0ec7.jpg

Don't let her fool you. She has that map on her internal hard drive.​

What was our first ride?? Big Thunder Mountain of course!

Those roller coasters make a great, natural hair dryer. We try to schedule Splash and then BTM for just that reason.​

WP_20130818_049_zps8178b4a9.jpg

We got to the ride and there was a 30 minute posted wait. We almost turned around until Mom looked up and saw that the line itself wasn't long AT ALL. The wait only ended up being 5-8 minutes!

Yup. Rain keeps the lines short!​

We actually went through the stand-by line, which we hardly ever do for this ride, so I got to see all of these details!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1183_zps3559f3b0.jpg

This ride is SO MUCH BETTER at night. I love it all of the time, but I love it so much more in the dark!

I think this was the first time I had ever gone on this at night. After their "Sisters Trip" Sarah had said how awesome this ride was in the evening. She was absolutely right!​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1184_zpsb77a171f.jpg

Very industrial looking.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1185_zps8897402d.jpg

We rode, screamed with joy, and probably got squished a few times. The problem with putting your hands up in that ride is that you tend to move in the seat...and pummel your neighbor into the side of the car.

a.k.a The Duck squashed the Mouse!​

Looking over at my favorite laughing place!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1188_zps95bdde57.jpg

We walked down through some stores. I saw this amazing pin board! This gave me such a cool idea for my pin board. Such a good idea that I have yet to actually finish the project!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1189_zpsf0465d5d.jpg

That's hanging in the Pin Store in Frontierland right next to the shooting arcade.​

The only problem is to get the desired effect, you have to layer the pins, which means you can't see all of them. Maybe I'll do it with a bunch of booster packs that I don't really care about.

We stopped in at Haunted Mansion but the line was solid past the graveyard. (Remember that half of the line was taken up by FP+ at this point.) We took one look at the line and kept on walking. Not a chance.

At this point, it was raining pretty hard. 'Pouring buckets' would be an accurate description.

Pretty Tangled bathrooms!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1190_zps084d50cb.jpg

Yup. We took pictures in the bathroom.

Of course we have only seen the ladies room. Is there a guy out there cool enough to take a pic in the men's room?​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1191_zps38bcebe3.jpg

I just want to see those floating lanterns gleam!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1192_zpsca624ba4.jpg

Really? By popular demand? I think that is some suspect marketing.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1193_zps17ebd0c6.jpg

Only Disney could a make a bathroom area so beautiful.... And the only restroom worthy of a camera!​

We went to "It's A Small World". It's indoors. That was my only rationalization for going on this ride. I really don't need to spend much more precious time on this ride in the future. No offense to you Small World lovers...it's just not something I'm fanatical over.

But it's a classic! And with all this rain the line must be crazy! Ummm.....​

However, it was super cool that we had our own boat...it was a boat of ghosts. Woohoo! It's our own Small World party!

We continued up to Philharmagic. Again indoors, but I love this show!!!!

We walked right through the queue...and then stood still. For a very long time. After awhile, we realized it was much longer than a normal show turnover. There must be a technical complication. We talked about leaving, but decided to stick it out. We were inside and out of the rain, after all.

So we waited.

And waited some more.

We saw some crazy kids. Not being watched by some crazy parents.

I kid you not, they were ENCOURAGING their kids to run around the lobby. Around other strangers, between people, etc. I understand giving your kids a small area and saying you can free play here. There's no where to go and it's not like they can escape. But there are still hundreds of strangers packed into this little area. Don't let your kids run free. And certainly don't ENCOURAGE them to do so! At one point, a small child was just wandering, lost among all of these strangers. Definitely not a happy and magical situation.

The father chasing after his small child "through the crowd" was just too much. Seriously people.​

Oh. And then we waited some more. It ended up being about 30 minutes waiting in the lobby outside the theater doors.

Finally, we heard the news. The show was cancelled due to technical difficulties...

DUE TO A BLACKOUT.

That's right! This was that crazy night when Magic Kingdom shut down due to power outages!!! Essentially, most of the rides were down. There were a few random ones still up, but there was no reason for us to really stick around. Plus, we were beyond soaked. I think I was melting by this point.

We decided to venture out beyond our Philharmagic shelter. Into a huge flood! The whole area around the carousel was covered with 4 inches of water. It was ridiculous! The park was literally flooded!!!

Good thing I was wearing flip flops because my sneakers would have taken a week to dry!​

The choice was clear. We headed for the exit!

It took awhile, but we made it to the bus station.

Wet...but happy! It was certainly an adventure!

WP_20130818_050_zps820290b2.jpg

We were also tired. Or shocked at something. I can't remember.

WP_20130818_051_zps0c2ae3cd.jpg

Just being our usual nutty selves!​

We only waited for about 20 minutes for a bus, but it still felt like a very long time. Everyone cheered when the bus arrived! Yacht Club-ers UNITE!

It felt like a long bus ride back to the Yacht Club. Maybe it was because we are used to bus rides to POFQ. Or maybe everything was slower because of the rain. But whatever the reason, we were impatient!

We immediately called for our luggage. (Remember, we had just "moved in" earlier that day!)

We quickly unpacked, settled in, and went to sleep in those comfy Yacht Club beds!

Goodnight!

Next Post

Oh wow it was wet, we went to the MK in the middle of a hurricane and nothing got closed then, plus we had the park almost to ourselves :)

At least it's a night you'll always remember :thumbsup2

Oh wow it was wet, we went to the MK in the middle of a hurricane and nothing got closed then, plus we had the park almost to ourselves :)

At least it's a night you'll always remember :thumbsup2

I think if we had stayed for awhile we might have had the park to ourselves... we weren't that brave though. It was certainly an adventure!

Off to the Studios!

Mama woke up at 7:30 and then she woke me up at 8:00. I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. I was just too comfy and cozy. What has happened to me??? Eventually (like 15 minutes later) she got me out of bed. I'm still in Disney after all!

Those beds really are comfy! I remember just falling into it the first night and it felt like it was made for me. Le sigh....​

I got ready in the nice deluxe bathroom. Not a bad way to start the day.

We headed out to get a bus to Hollywood Studios. I don't know if we thought there wasn't a bus or we didn't see a sign for a HS bus...but whatever the reason, we didn't think we were in the right place. We decided to reverse direction and walk back through the lobby and get a boat!

View from the dock:

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1194_zps70bf4331.jpg

We waited for a bit, but we got a seat on the next boat which was nice. We stopped at the Swolphin, and it was a 7 minute ride from the Swolphin to HS.

Welcome to Hollywood Studios!

It's all in the details...

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1195_zpsaee77c12.jpg

I'm obsessed with this fencing and light combo.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1196_zpse5b879f0.jpg

Imagine being able to buy all the lighting and fencing and art and what not that decorates the parks? Some of this stuff is truly to cool. My home decorated Disney Style!​

Our first stop was not for Toy Story Mania fastpasses...surprisingly. We stopped for some....breakfast?

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1198_zps7e3f295f.jpg

See? It is breakfast. We had milk.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1197_zps01a75850.jpg

If anyone enjoys the comedy of Bill Cosby perhaps you remember a bit he did about chocolate cake for breakfast. His wife didn't agree that cake was good nutrition but he listed 2 of the ingredients: milk and eggs. Both breakfast foods so chocolate cake is perfect in the morning! "Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!"​

Starring Rolls is a great stop anytime, but especially for breakfast. We split the chocolate peanut butter cupcake! It was a great choice :)

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1200_zps01778ad0.jpg

After breakfast, we went to Toy Story. We arrived closer to 10:00. We pulled Fastpasses for 5-6pm.

So...no Toy Story Mania this morning? Yeah right!

We went to Toy Story ready to use our Fastpass+ reservations! There was a problem with Mama's MagicBand at the ride. For some reason, the reservation was not linked to her account in their system. Luckily, the person at the kiosk just added her and we were good to go!

Toy reporting for duty!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1203_zps0893834f.jpg

It's the Rex car!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1204_zps6f6b2370.jpg

Throw those pies...

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1207_zps693bf8ea.jpg

Not a bad pic for a 3D screen. Hi Rex! Hi Woody!​

It's the Midway!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1208_zps28670fed.jpg

Our scores. I won (again!)

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1210_zps1edc73de.jpg

Spoiler alert: Even after our March 2014 trip, I am STILL undefeated by my family. I'm not competitive at all....

Yeah. Right.​

Best In Vehicle Party!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1212_zpse1e81d82.jpg

Where are these people with these awesome scores? I wonder if they are Castmembers?​

We went over to Tower of Terror. I got in just fine, but Mama had a problem again. FASTPASS+ PROBLEMS.

This time though, there was no magic cure. The CM made us go see the Guest Relations Kiosk located at the TOT Fastpass machines.

Grumble grumble grumble.....​

Of course, it is a never a quick trip to one of these places. And this was back in August during an early "test"! After waiting awhile and talking awhile, she finally wrote Mama a pass for the FP+. We made it clear that we weren't too happy with how the program was working thus far. She nodded along and said how sorry she was and gave us some jargon that they were working on fixing the system....but that doesn't mean that we can get TIME back. How do you get back the TIME we just wasted standing in this GR line? When we scanned the band, it showed that Mama had the reservations, but it wouldn't recognize her reservations at the rides. Very annoying.

tick tock tick tock​

I know we could "double dip" during this trip...and actually, we could get multiple passes because of our multiple room keys...but when you make a FP+ reservation using the bands, you just expect it to work. It's that simple!

Tower of Terror was good, but it wasn't the best ride sequence. I'm becoming a TOT snob. I'm comparing the different rides and I like some trips through the Tower over others.

I can fly! Or is it falling with style?

Photo0349FourBySix_zpsd2cab60a.jpg

I love this picture of you trying to fly. But are you trying to fly "out" or "up"?​

We went to Star Tours. We intended to pull a fastpass but it was only 10 minutes, so we hopped right on.

Four Eyes.

WP_20130819_004_zpsc2e9a53b.jpg

We look like Bugs! (Oh wait a minute - wrong park.)​

Intense Star Tours picture.

WP_20130819_005_zpsd912ba2b.jpg

We had the pod race. And made it back safely.

We had lunch at Primetime Cafe today! I decided to give it another shot. My last outing here was not a good experience. For some reason, I keep coming back...

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1217_zps0548228d.jpg

Do we come back for the lovely decor? How about to see an old TV show? Could it be we return for the formica tables? Or perhaps we come back because of the yummy foods on the menu?​

Of course, we split a peanut butter and jelly milkshake!

WP_20130819_007_zpsb5551235.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1220_zpsca6fe007.jpg

Love the decor.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1221_zps652a56b0.jpg

We split the pot roast.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1222_zpsf1abe790.jpg

I recall it being tasty. I'm a fan of the gravy.

Mom did a great job cooking this dish. The meat was fork tender and the gravy was perfect with the mashed potatoes.​

Guess what? We were sitting at the EXACT same table that my sister and I were at in April!

WP_20130819_008_zps3964304e.jpg

Of all the restaurants and all the tables we got to sit at this one!​

We didn't have the same waiter (thank goodness) but this one wasn't much better. The whole appeal of this place is the ambiance and how the waiters play up the scene. Well, this one was so incredibly monotone. If you're not going to act right, don't act at all!

No personality. Zip. Zilch. Nada. How disappointing...​

We watched some tv.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1223_zps992e405b.jpg

Mama gave me a birthday button to wear, to make up for my disappointing birthday lunch in April. Unfortunately, our waiter didn't get that message. He put our dessert with the candle in front of Mama. Oh well.

But it was a very pretty dessert!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1228_zps26c9a187.jpg

This is the 50's Boston Cream Parfait. Layers of chocolate fudge, vanilla cream, and pound cake topped with cream. SO GOOD. I'm in love. It is very heavy though. I suggest splitting with a friend (or Mama as our case may be.)

Good thing we split that milkshake so we had some room for that yummy goodness. I don't recall if we were able to finish it or not.​

The food was good but I was just a bit frustrated at this point. The problems with the fastpass+, having to wait at Guest Relations, the waiter not wanting to have any fun... I know that I shouldn't complain and that these were all minor things in the grand scheme of things, but I just want everything to be perfect! I'm in Disney after all!

Oh well. Time for a trip through the movies!

Next Post

It's a tower kind of day.

We headed out of Prime Time towards the Great Movie Ride.

No big deal. Just a car parked in front of the theater.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1231_zps02f5937c.jpg

We got the red card!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1232_zps05e3d17a.jpg

Ugh. Waiting in line.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1233_zps88b37bb7.jpg

It wasn't too long of a wait. I actually had wished it was a bit longer so I could have really checked out the display cases. Oh well....​

Freddy.

WP_20130819_009_zps593b99d1.jpg

It's time for the "spectacular journey" to begin!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1240_zpse01ee1d6.jpg

We had the cowboy scene.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1246_zpsa039c77b.jpg

Intense.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1248_zps4fd4ca9d.jpg

She has this look that says, "Yes. I have flowers on my head. You got a problem with that?"

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1268_zps09b3a946.jpg

Some seriously dark looking eyes for a "cute little Munchkin". One might even say "evil".​

Dorothy giving us the cold shoulder.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1271_zps6c1ea9bf.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the Great Movie Ride. I feel like it needs some major updating. The only movies I've seen are Mary Poppins and the Wizard of Oz. Wouldn't it be great if there was a whole Toy Story section??? OR POCAHONTAS?????

Just enjoying our time in Hollywood!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1272_zps0c4bbcd4.jpg

I took a picture of this plaque when I was here in April. There were no flowers around it then. Things come and go so quickly here!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1273_zps64d3b88c.jpg

We stumbled on the very end of a streetmosphere show. I love the characters!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1276_zpsde0a584b.jpg

The guest in the picture above has balloons growing out of her head!​

She's got great attitude.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1274_zpsc16838a8.jpg

Plus, I love that they get to drive around in these awesome cars!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1277_zpseb216a87.jpg

Balloons!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1278_zpsd6038560.jpg

Love me some balloons! But what can you really do with it as you walk around the park and go on rides? I no longer have a stroller to tie it to.​

Scary!!

Photo0354FourBySix_zpsbfe436a9.jpg

Next we went to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. We also pulled a FP for later (6:35-7:35).

I forgot to mention that earlier, we had pulled a TOT fastpass. AND someone was kind enough to gift us a set of TOT fastpasses. So we had 2 elevator rides ahead of us.

By this point, we had pure gold in hand....

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1279_zpsf821ea6d.jpg

SO PRETTY. I MISS YOU FASTPASS!!!!!!!!

We rode Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with FP+ (1:20-2:20)

Photo0356FourBySix_zpsa40fea6a.jpg

I was driving...Mama didn't seem too sure with it!

Why in the world have they decided to let the Duck drive the limo? They didn't ask for a license or anything! Not so sure that we are gonna make it back this trip!​

We road Tower of Terror using regular fastpass.

Best elevator ever.

WP_20130819_010_zps476a8165.jpg

Again I say --- just imagine your everyday elevator that gets a Disney makeover. So much fun!​

We had to wait for our second set of FPs to become valid. We entertained ourselves!

Wildlife.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1284_zpsb55397bb.jpg

Ummm....

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1285_zps4a465efc.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1288_zps43d74a07.jpg

Pretty tower pictures!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1289_zps57c148e6.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1290_zpsdcf8aa25.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1292_zpsb3c28f89.jpg

More Tower fun coming up in the next post...

Next Post

running out of titles...we're just in hollywood!

We made a very important purchase. Water!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1293_zps4cc87ae0.jpg

Doesn't it look so refreshing? It was! (for about 3 minutes until she drank it all)​

I'm so happy here.

Time for you to check in!!!!!​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1295_zpsb992673c.jpg

Hasn't anyone called the cleaning service?

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1297_zps29c25954.jpg

We were a little sleepy.

Photo0357FourBySix_zps530a40a1.jpg

Smiling while sleeping. Having a happy dream? Spending the day with Pocahontas perhaps?​

OH MY GOODNESS. This was so awesome! On the way out, we saw Hollywood actors at the exit! This pic is blurry but it was so fun! I think they were frozen.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1280_zpsd7fbf0d8.jpg

They WERE frozen! We were the last ones to walk pass so I was trying to take the picture really quick. I wonder how long they can stay like that?​

More in the gift shop!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1282_zpsc4c42e1c.jpg

Just hanging out in the hotel with the other guests!​

At some point, we talked with Guest Relations again, just to get the whole FP+ thing ironed out with Mama's band. We ended up having to rebook 2 days. Annoying, but I don't think we had any issues from then on out.

I love it. "Our city's newest landmark."

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1300_zps16f7ca60.jpg

MORE streetmosphere!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1301_zpsac339f6b.jpg

With such a long trip, we didn't feel guilty about stopping to watch some of these. Although we didn't ever stop for very long. These shows seem to go on and on and on...I usually last about 5 minutes before I'm ready to move on.

We went to Dinosaur Gertie's Ice Cream!

WP_20130819_013_zpsca107b60.jpg

Waffle cone with a twist!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1302_zps8a508246.jpg

We got our own treats this time. It's a little difficult to split a waffle cone.

It is funny how we usually want the same things to eat. I don't think I wanted to share that cone. It was just the right thing on a hot day.​

We went to the 4:00 show of Indiana Jones. It was cool. All I knew of the show was what I saw on Full House.

No one yelled out "Steve!" like DJ did on Full House. I wonder how many times that has happened in the past?
I wanted to watch Indy get the goblet and escape from the bad guys. It was never my favorite movie,but I have seen it a few times through the years. And there is so much more to show than you think -- quite interesting!​

The word gullible must be written above my head or something. Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show (highlight to read...): I totally thought that the volunteer audience member who does all of the stunts was a really talented audience member. Not a cast member. I just thought the guy was really really good at improv!! End spoiler alert.

Hmm.... like mother like daughter. Hook line and sinker.​

The movie set.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1323_zps9d7aa2f1.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1325_zps56df571b.jpg

Doing some acrobatics.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1326_zpsbbaf4ddd.jpg

Fight scenes!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1331_zps3fa1e7b9.jpg

Nothing says movie set like a little pyro.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1341_zps926a4174.jpg

They're waving to me! People wave at you everywhere around WDW. You feel so important!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1342_zpsf5ff2774.jpg

The man who started it all!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1343_zps52ec0f94.jpg

With bunny ears.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1345_zps9c5de575.jpg

What a nice guy to pose with me. I told him to hold real still for the picture. Looks like he did a great job!​

After Indiana Jones, we went to the animator class! The next show was in 25 minutes. It actually a nice wait. Air conditioning!! I sat on the floor and updated my trip journal.

Soon we were going in to draw. I requested Pocahontas, but they don't draw her. So I asked for Donald Duck! The crowd didn't seem too pleased, but I was very happy! PLUS he was a HAPPY DUCK!

Not great, but I don't think it's completely terrible.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1350_zps507b945c.jpg

I like Mama's drawing!!!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1351_zpsd0e96085.jpg

Such a cute painting in the dump shop.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1352_zps126fce50.jpg

Such a sweet little guy.​

Next Post

Deluxe Pizza Delivery. We're not in Kansas anymore.

After drawing class it was TIME FOR TOY STORY!!!

WP_20130819_015_zps559c88b8.jpg

Slinky Dog this time!

WP_20130819_016_zps251a93f5.jpg

I've improved from this morning. That's all that matters. Still haven't beaten 200,000 though!

WP_20130819_018_zps57b3a945.jpg

But I got to have another Best In Vehicle Party!

WP_20130819_020_zps47c936cf.jpg

Just two toys having an awesome time!

WP_20130819_025_zpsf87ac75b.jpg

Yup. Havin' a good time. Mm hm.
Seriously having fun. Some people who shall be nameless are just serious.​

I like this outlet. It's neat.

WP_20130819_027_zps5859de2b.jpg

I fully believe that it powers these lights.

Well of course it does! You plug them in to the outlet and they light up!​

WP_20130819_029_zps0dacf7a7.jpg

On the way off the ride, I broke the glasses. Oops. I broke toy story!!!! I still returned them though.

YOU did it?!?!!?? Some official looking toys (Woody and Buzz) came to ask me some questions. I told them I didn't know anything. They mentioned your name but I told them how much you LOVED TS and there was no way it could ever be you!​

See, Mama? Mr. Potato Head says that EVERYONE is a winner. (Shhh. But he really means me.)

WP_20130819_031_zps65a4d177.jpg

HE DOES NOT!!!!!!! See? I AM A WINNER!​

We went on the Studio Backlot Tour. My feeling is "Eh. We did it. Moving on."

WP_20130819_033_zpsac00f51f.jpg

And once again I enjoyed it. I thought it was quite interesting to see the behind the scenes stuffs. I especially liked looking at the costume areas. Just wish that tram would go a bit slower!​

I did see this great picture. Not a bad view.

WP_20130819_035_zpsa209a417.jpg

Yay! It's time for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster!

WP_20130819_036_zps283b85bc.jpg

We waited for the front row. My suggestion is to always wait for the front row. It's never added more than 3 minutes to my wait time and it's so worth it!!!

The conversation:

Lauren: "For this picture, let's stick our tongues out!"
Mama: "Okay!"

Here's the result...

Photo0359FourBySix_zpsb05ead49.jpg

Not quite what I had in mind there Mama.

Keep in mind that I did what you asked. Just didn't realize that you wanted the Rolling Stone version and not the inner child kind!​

It started to drizzle.

We stopped for a snack. We split a pretzel and a churro, but then I had to stop for candied pecans too! I've ALWAYS wanted to try them.

THEY ARE AMAZING! So good. Candy with a crunch.

WP_20130819_037_zps411cc1e0.jpg

We went to "One Man's Dream". That office set up is so realistic. I feel like Walt is just going to walk in, sit down, and start working again!

Gotta wonder if they ever change anything in the office -- pencils or toys or pictures?​

We had only walked 1/2 way through when they announced that the movie would be starting. Rather than wait for the full cycle again, we decided to head straight for the movie.

After the movie, we decided to head out of the park. Along the way, we were good Samaritans. We gave directions to Fantasmic to a lost group of people. We also kept a close eye on a little boy who looked like he was wandering around alone. We watched him until he found his way back to his Mom, who was sitting on a bench not paying any attention to him.

We decided to walk back to the Yacht Club. It's a definite perk of being so close! We got back to the room 20 minutes after leaving the park. We went up to our room via the staircase right by our balcony. So convenient!

Here are some not so great night pictures of the Epcot resort area.

The Boardwalk.

WP_20130819_038_zpse1db1e59.jpg

The lighthouse.

WP_20130819_041_zps6849cb08.jpg

From our balcony.

WP_20130819_042_zps3576891c.jpg

We were back to the room at 8:40. We got ready for Illuminations!!!

I played the music on my phone. We used a glass to amplify the sound. We're so thrifty!

Illuminations from the balcony was incredible. I still couldn't ever justify paying for the water view room upgrade myself, but this was so amazing. Plus, I was able to sync the music from my phone to the fireworks so we were able to watch it "with" the sound. It was so magical!

We ordered pizza (and a coke and root beer) for dinner. We didn't want to walk over to the Beach Club to use their counter service for dinner.

This is when we really knew we were at a Deluxe establishment.

First, the delivery guy asked if we wanted him to set the table! We discovered later that the table he was referring to was the "small" table that could be removed from underneath the desk. He brought in a table cloth and everything...for pizza!!! Now, I understand it's a nice gesture. But we're used to taking the pizza out of the box and eating it. Plate usually, table optional. It's pizza! We didn't make it known that we planned on eating our pizza in bed while watching t.v.

Seriously. They bring you little salt and peppers along with Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper.

Just a bit different than your normal pizza delivery. Imagine if Domino's added table-setting to their delivery options...

WP_20130819_047_zps38c84e81.jpg

Who's hungry?!?!?!?!?!​

WP_20130819_048_zps5104208c.jpg

We ate our pizza while watching Criminal Minds. Originally our plan was to go swimming after Illuminations, but we decided not to go. Pizza and t.v. in bed was much more appealing.

I'm sure we watched one or two more shows and then went to sleep.

We were tired after our full day!

Let's see...our day at Hollywood Studios...in a nutshell...

Breakfast at Starring Rolls
Toy Story Mania (2x)
Tower of Terror (3x)
Star Tours
Prime Time Lunch
Great Movie Ride
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster (2x)
Indiana Jones
Animator Class
Studio Backlot Tour
One Man's Dream

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........​

Next Post

Wow Lauren you've been busy updating and you had a busy DHS day too :thumbsup2

I'm so going to miss the multiple rides using FP's as you've just shown what could be done!

I love how you finished your day, what a clever idea to sync the music on your phone to the fireworks and the pizza delivery looked great too. I am laughing at the table cloth though :rotfl:

Wow Lauren you've been busy updating and you had a busy DHS day too :thumbsup2

I'm so going to miss the multiple rides using FP's as you've just shown what could be done!

I love how you finished your day, what a clever idea to sync the music on your phone to the fireworks and the pizza delivery looked great too. I am laughing at the table cloth though :rotfl:

I go on these crazy update marathons. Actually, it starts off as me writing ONE update... but then I'm forced to cut it into multiple... too many pictures!

RIP Fastpass. We'll miss you.

That tablecloth cracks us up to this day. I can't imagine the look on our faces. I hope we didn't look too dumbfounded! We didn't process what he was asking for a second... set the table? What????

Too much Yeti?

Well, after our early evening, the plan was to wake up and go swimming before going to a park. We woke up at 8am without a problem....we were very well rested! But we didn't feel like going swimming that early. So we decided to go right to Animal Kingdom!

The water was probably just fine, but I have this weird thing about me that I have to be a lot warm/hot to want to go swimming. My youngest daughter can swim any time and any temperature. She certainly didn't get that from me!​

We finally got a towel SOMETHING...a seashell!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1354_zps0e907f63.jpg

We were so spoiled by Mousekeeper Maria back in January of 2012. We miss her sense of fun and FANTASTIC towel animals/scenes. I mean, how can you ever top animals riding the rapids?!?!?!?!??!​

Mama decided that she didn't want to bother with the buses this morning so we got a cab! It was so easy! We told the man standing outside that we need a cab and he called one over. We were at Animal Kingdom in no time at all! It was so strange seeing the parking lot areas though. I've never come in from that direction before.

I do believe that I was so spoiled at this point that waiting for a bus was just too much effort. Wow. How on earth was I going to blend back into reality?​

Our first destination was straight back through Africa to Asia. We each pulled fastpasses for Expedition Everest using our variety of room keys and passes.

WP_20130820_003_zpsccd4fcbc.jpg

So pretty!

What a nice little gold fan we have there. And again I say --- totally spoiled rotten.​

We still had 50 minutes to wait until we could use them. We thought about going to the 10:30 Flight's of Wonder but decided on the 20 minute wait at Kali instead.

It was a pretty accurate wait. Have you ever noticed the "shifting of the times" in the queue? You travel from the past to the future in small increments via the decor. That was very cool to see.

What WASN'T cool to see was the couple who couldn't stop making out in front of us. I understand that you really, really like each other. I just don't need to see it. Let alone for 20 minutes straight. Seriously. Come up for air once in awhile.

Perhaps they were just comforting each other? After all they were about to get on this terrifying ride and who knew if they were going to come back alive?!​

This ride is okay, but it isn't a favorite. Basically 1 "drop" and spitting statues. You do run the risk of getting soaked though, so there is the suspense factor. I just wouldn't wait 80 minutes to ride it.

It is fun, however, to watch the other people get soaked. I have never had the pleasure of splashing backwards into the "big drop". Guess we will just have to keep going back to AK so I can keep trying!​

Surprise though! While we were disembarking, I noticed a certain Disboard FRUMP (Kristen) about to get on the ride! Didn't say "hi"...no need to hold up a line.

On our way to Expedition Everest, we stopped to watch some dancers. I've never seen this show before and I was excited to see something new.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1360_zps9360394a.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1361_zps6844c79e.jpg

My only "disappointment" is that their interactive section is sooooooo long. I know they want to get the kids involved, but the interactive portion involves waving the streamer from side to side to the beat....for a very long time. I'm easily amused, and I got bored.

I don't even think the kids were having such a great time of it. But with such limited space they need to keep order over the group.​

Time for a trip to the Yeti!

WP_20130820_002_zpsfae4cc0f.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1362_zps581502f9.jpg

We rode 4 times. Back, mid-back, middle, back. As always, the very back wins in my heart. It is the absolute best place on that train.

Photo0361FourBySix_zps58d54d87.jpg

Photo0363FourBySix_zpsaf504e21.jpg

Poor little guy in the blue shirt. I wonder if he ever went on again?​

I did have to wait a bit before the last trip. Too many roller coaster rides back to back! My tummy needed a little time to recover....haha! NEVER TOO MUCH YETI! We used the time to take some pictures.

You mean "I" took pictures. I am also easily bored and I was ready to go for one last ride. But I had to wait for little miss tummy trouble. So artsy pictures it was.​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1366_zps2532a7da.jpg

Looking through the jungle and what do we see?​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1367_zps06e927c2.jpg

After a little rest, I was ready for the last ride!

The fastpass line kept getting longer and longer. We kept waiting longer and longer for each ride. But at least we weren't waiting in the current 45 minute stand-by line!

On the way from Everest, we saw the dancers again. It was more interesting this time.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1369_zpscf9412d2.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1370_zps8e7204c5.jpg

At first I thought their fingers were like a peacock. But after looking at the outfits and hair, perhaps they are portraying birds of paradise? I don't know if they tell the story at the beginning of the performance or not. Anyone know the story behind the dance?​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1371_zps4ddf2da2.jpg

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1372_zps4623e7b8.jpg

I liked the routine much better this time around. There wasn't the looooooong scarf portion in the middle. Much better! Their finger positions are so incredibly precise.

We went to Yak and Yeti! We checked in about 15-20 minutes early for our reservation. We literally waited a MOMENT before they seated us.

Spoiled again!​

Whoops. My shorts were still a little wet from Kali and I sat on your nice wooden chairs. Sorry!

Unfortunately I left a water mark; saw it when I stood up. Oops! So, so sorry. I wonder if that is a common thing with wet rides/rainy days?​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1375_zps6ced08c5.jpg

This just seems too fancy.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1379_zpsc3001a7f.jpg

It didn't seem to fit the rest of the decor. I guess it was a nice "accent piece" compared to all the wood.​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1380_zps5ecff6c9.jpg

I asked for water that wasn't tap water. And got this. Living it up at Yak and Yeti!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1381_zps54b55a69.jpg

Went to Asia for an Italian water. Only in Disney.​

We each had Wonton Soup.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1382_zps4c200562.jpg

It was okay. The wonton wrappers were very thin and I'm used to them being a bit thicker. Plus, it had shrimp and I don't eat shrimp.

The flavor was different then what we are used to. Perhaps the broth has a slight seafood base to it? The color was not as dark as the beef type broth here at home. Not overly impressed with this.​

We split the potstickers.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1385_zps93e9041b.jpg

LOVE these!

Nice texture, flavor and a good sauce on the side. Two thumbs up!​

We split a bourbon chicken entree. Good. I liked the sauce and the vegetables. The rice was average but seemed to be cooked well.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1386_zpse9c2d775.jpg

The veggies still had a crispness to them and the sauce on the chicken was tasty. Glad we shared this so we had room for dessert!​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1387_zps724826c5.jpg

We each ordered our own fried wonton dessert. I was NOT sharing!

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1388_zps495326a5.jpg

Look at all this delicious yumminess.

The sauce is the queen of this dish.

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1389_zps25ea9c1d.jpg

***Handing everyone a napkin*** Yup, they really are quite nummy num nums.​

Lunch was good. Service left a lot to be desired though. She was VERY pushy. She basically read us the entire menu. I can read for myself, thank you. If I have a question, I will ask. Highlight a few...don't explain every single item please. You aren't a gagillion star restaurant. In fact, I barely had time to read it myself because she read it all to us! Story time at Yak and Yeti.

She encouraged us to fill out the survey card. I didn't bother. The food was good but I probably wouldn't have said good things about her......​

WDWAugust2013Mother-DaughterTrip1392_zpsf2702646.jpg

Oh my word you lucky thing riding Everest that much, I think that I would have needed a tummy settling break too though :rotfl2:

Your Y&Y lunch looked yummy, can I ask a question about the pineapple? Is it hot? I'm allergic to non cooked pineapple but when it's warmed like in a Chinese meal or on a pizza I'm fine and I'm desperate to try that dessert :thumbsup2

Your Y&Y lunch looked yummy, can I ask a question about the pineapple? Is it hot? I'm allergic to non cooked pineapple but when it's warmed like in a Chinese meal or on a pizza I'm fine and I'm desperate to try that dessert :thumbsup2

This is from the menu:

Fried Wontons
- Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. - $7.99

Just order it without the pineapple and you should be good to go!

Just finished reading your whole TR to date and am enjoying it so much! How fun for you and your mom to spend that special time at Disney together. YC looks beautiful and how awesome that you got to have that view! So cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter