The wedding that almost wasn't... a trip report 5/4/07

Beautiful dress, beautiful bride, beautiful day. By all means, continue with a honeymoon trip report! Can't get enough of these things! popcorn::

Wow everything seems to have gone off well on Friday. You looked amazing:thumbsup2. Can't wait to hear more

I LOVE this trip report. Let me say you were a very beautiful bride. Your eye liner looks great (I notice these kind of things-- because I wasnt as pleased with mine). I also love your hair and dress! Isnt Randy a doll? I mean I was in love with the man before I got my photos but ready to marry him once I got them (Okay-- maybe not that far, but you know what I mean). Let us know when they go up on the website so we can take a peek. Congratulations! Your story is so sweet:hug:

Thank you! I did my makeup myself and was nervous ahead of time about doing it. I did a couple practice runs but when it came down to the day of, I wasn't nervous at all, and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I will definitely post here once the Randy pictures come in. I'm so anxious to get them!

Saturday 5/5 -

Carolyn Allen's was coming to pick up my dress. I was having them do the "clean and store" and then ship it back to my house. What a relief to not have to carry it back home!!! I took it down to the front desk and then we headed over to the Polynesian to have breakfast at Ohana.

100_0737.jpg

It was packed with all the people waiting for their names to be called. We were told that they were running 20 minutes behind schedule. Our ADR was for 8:40 and we got seated around 9:00. I was wearing my shirt with Lilo on it and our server told us that that was too bad and that Lilo was not there today, it was only Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. It was very slow service and the only character we saw was Stitch...

100_0751.jpg

Kind of disappointing, but I had my mickey waffles so it kind of made up for it. We didn't plan on going to a park, just a relaxing day, so we went back to the GF and laid by the pool for a while and then went to rent one of the sea raycers (or a mouse as Drew likes to call it).

100_0786.jpg

It was so much fun! It was beautiful weather out and we were zippin' around the water. I took tons of pictures and it was just great.

100_0775.jpg

I definitely recommend doing this. It was relaxing and so fun.

100_0785.jpg

When we brought the boat back, we went to pay and the girl noticed that we had just gotten married. She told us we were all set. We didn't really understand. She said that since we had just gotten married we didn't have to pay. That was so nice!!! We were so surprised and so grateful!!

We had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I think this was one of my favorite meals of the whole trip. The staff was incredibly friendly and the food was so good.

100_0792.jpg

They gave us champagne and strawberries and took a picture with a camera they had and printed it out for us to take with us. And the desserts were to die for...
100_0796.jpg

This was a nice relaxing day. Very enjoyable... coming up next... Epcot!

That boat really does look relaxing. DH always wants to do that but Ive never really known what it costs. How exciting that you got it for free. Do you know what it normally runs?

Now you are finally running into the time that I was there (our flight was delayed, so we didn't get to our hotel until 2am when we were supposed to arrive by 1pm on Friday).

I don't blame you for taking your wedding attire off. My DM got there early on that Friday and she started getting sick since it was too hot and humid.

I'm posting another installment right away, hope no one minds!

Sunday 5/6 - Epcot!

I was excited to head over for the Flower and Garden festival

100_0802.jpg

also we had an ADR for the princess breakfast in Norway

100_0812.jpg

that was fun and the princesses were so nice! the breakfast was yummy too.

Once we got out of breakfast the park was already open and the lines were getting long. The wait for Soarin' was already 40 minutes so we got a fastpass and headed over to Mission Space

100_0826.jpg

We rode the tame side and I still felt like I was gonna vomit. blech. We went over to Test Track and the wait there was 30 minutes. We went to get another fast pass, but we still had the one for Soarin'. I tried our tickets in the machine to see what would happen and it spit out an invalid fastpass. I was fine with just coming back later, but a cast member came up and noticed my bride ears. He asked when we got married, asked if we just got a fastpass. I said no and he gave us one to use for right then! It was very nice and we got right on with about a 5 minute wait.

We headed back to Soarin' and got to ride in the front row. Drew really liked this ride. Then we headed back to the countries. We started on the Canada side. There were so many great topiaries. I took tons of pictures.

100_0842.jpg

100_0855.jpg

We rode Spaceship Earth because when I go back in September it will be closed and then we left. We had dinner at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. It was so good! I had never eaten there before and the food was yummy. There was a woman who came to our table. She said she recognized me. Drew said maybe it was from the Disboards. She said that it probably was. It was funny! Small world!

100_0888.jpg

this was the dessert I got. yum!

up next... back to magic kingdom and our honeymoon shoot!

That boat really does look relaxing. DH always wants to do that but Ive never really known what it costs. How exciting that you got it for free. Do you know what it normally runs?

I believe that it was $28 for half hour, $34 for 45 minutes and $38 for an hour, but I am not 100% sure, sorry!!!!!!

hulagirl87

You look absolutely stunning in that dress. So glad your day went so well. Looking forward to reading more. Been meaning to post for a while but not allowed in work!

Kel x

I am so glad that I found your TR! :woohoo: FH and I are getting married in May, and I never knew about the Flower & Garden Festival! The pictures are gorgeous! I'm subscribing and can't wait to hear about the rest of your HMpopcorn::

Congratulations!!:banana:

great! great! great! oh wait, can I add a WOW??!!:rotfl: loving your report and I just told hubby to be we absolutely have to rent one of those racyer boats when we're at the GF! was it easy to drive? do they give you instruction? that looks like such a blast! looking forward to the next installment :thumbsup2

Michelle:cloud9:

great! great! great! oh wait, can I add a WOW??!!:rotfl: loving your report and I just told hubby to be we absolutely have to rent one of those racyer boats when we're at the GF! was it easy to drive? do they give you instruction? that looks like such a blast! looking forward to the next installment :thumbsup2

Michelle:cloud9:

It was very easy to drive. they give you instructions and tell you where you are allowed to go and where to avoid. he drove, i was the passenger/photographer!

Monday May 7th - Magic Kindgom

Today was the day of our honeymoon shoot since we had Randy for our wedding, we got to use Disney photography on a different day. Today was the day. We had to meet the photographer at 10:00 at City Hall. We got there at 9:50 and he was already there. He was very nice and took us around to a lot of places. In front of the castle, back to Toontown. He just emailed us the pics, here is the link...

https://www.collages.net/consumersite/ConsumerStore.aspx

username: mccusker / valsey wedding
(our last name is spelled wrong, but that's ok...)
password : 1971

pictures took about 45 minutes and then we went on about the park. We rode it's a small world, splash mountain, and big thunder mountain railroad
100_0959.jpg

we had lunch at cosmic rays and then rode buzz lightyear 2 times
100_0929.jpg

and then pirates of the caribbean
100_0949.jpg

we went back to our room for a little bit and then came back for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was so busy!!!! our ADR was for 5:30 and we didn't get seated until 6:10. When we got to our table we had this waiting for us

100_0983.jpg

The food was really good as was the character interaction. Again they all loved that I was wearing my ears and we got lots of pictures. Drew loved the food here. It was one of his favorite meals. He has been talking about it a lot!

100_0995.jpg

I got a dole whip float and then we rode the haunted mansion which had been closed earlier in the day. we got some fudge from the confectionary and took the boat back to the GF.

100_0996.jpg

100_1004.jpg

up next... MGM to do the stuff we didn't do the other MGM day!

ooh, I love your pictures! you're making me miss disney so much! and now I finally see what a dolewhip looks like! those things are legendary!

thanks for sharing!

Wow! What a trip report. I'm glad your DH recovered quickly, and your wedding was able to go off without a hitch, if a few days late. I'm so glad for you that all your vendors were available for your new date. You were a gorgeous bride. Your flowers were beautiful. Congratulations!

aww I LOVE your TR!!! I find myself getting so excited when I see you posted again and again! I can't wait to see more of your pictures, especially the ones from Randy. I'm so glad your wedding was so beautiful in the end!!! Keep it coming!!! :thumbsup2

great report! :thumbsup2 I love all your pics, and am so glad that everything worked out! :) You looked amazing!

thank you SO much for sharing with us. You seemed to get some different shots for your honeymoon pics which is nice, and looking forward to seeing your photo's from Randy!

I'm glad so many people are enjoying my trip report!!!! I was looking forward to writing one :goodvibes

Tuesday May 8th MGM

We started the day at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. When we got there they gave us some special treats.

100_1011.jpg

100_1017.jpg

it was fun, the food was good, and the characters were great too.

We headed off to mgm and right away Drew wanted to ride Tower of Terror. That's now his favorite ride I think.

100_1026.jpg

After a bit of screaming, we went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid which is my favorite, but halfway through video taping, my camera battery died :guilty: and it was too dark in there to change it. Oh well. We went on the the Great Movie ride and we got to ride in the front which I've never done before. I'm always in the back.

100_1027.jpg

We went to see the Indiana Jones show and got VIP seats which was cool and then did the Backlot studio tour where I saw my second husband. Hello, lover...

100_1037.jpg

We went to buy fudge in the villians store and the woman noticed we had just gotten married and gave us free marshmallow treats. they were so yummy!!! Went back to the hotel and had dinner at Gasparilla.

Up next... our last day in the parks... Animal Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter