The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

If you look at the Bonnet Creek rental market, it seems quite robust and healthy.

Nearly 500 reservations have been sold on eBay since December. There are about 100 active reservations for rent on eBay right now.

There are 52 listings on Redweek as well.

If these hundreds of renters were having problems, no doubt we would be hearing a lot more reports about it.

That said, everyone should be comfortable in how they book their vacation stay.

Who wants to deal with the stress of possibly not having a hotel reservation after you get to your destination?
To be fair, even in the few instances where they were cancelled, they were notified 3 or so weeks ahead of time. Not pleasant still, but it's not like you're showing up and being told right at check-in. I guarantee you you could get a condo or townhouse at one of the many other communities within that timeframe. Will they be as desirable as WBC? Perhaps not. But you won't be stuck with no place to stay.

I just checked for a week at Windsor Hills for less than two weeks away from now, during spring break, and found multiple properties. And that's just one alternative.

To be fair, even in the few instances where they were cancelled, they were notified 3 or so weeks ahead of time. Not pleasant still, but it's not like you're showing up and being told right at check-in. I guarantee you you could get a condo or townhouse at one of the many other communities within that timeframe. Will they be as desirable as WBC? Perhaps not. But you won't be stuck with no place to stay.

I just checked for a week at Windsor Hills for less than two weeks away from now, during spring break, and found multiple properties. And that's just one alternative.
I recall there being horror stories of people in fact showing up and having no room.

IIRC, there were a couple situations previously discussed about this but they were well before the club Wyndham changes and were due to sketchy listings who ended up being scam-ish.

Small scale operations who were previously running the whole cancel/rebook within 30 days of check in to get the units for half off or even more to increase their profit, were always running a risk of losing the availability altogether.

Those situations where people ended up with nothing were usually due to somebody trying to scam the system and it backfiring on them, and in turn messing over the person who was expecting to stay at WBC. A ton of those smaller scale places have gone out of business because they cannot do this anymore.

I often see the recommendation to “have a backup plan just in case” in the event of your reservation is canceled at the last minute but I’m wondering where people make reservations that allow super last minute cancellations (without charging your CC) in the event WBC does work out?? I’d love to have the peace of mind of a back up but don’t want to shoot myself in the foot either. For reference, we’re staying Sept 7-14, 2023. TIA!
I wouldn't sweat it for that time period, it's not like you're there New Year's Eve. There are a billion hotels in Orlando, and you can fix this on hotels.com from your phone in an Uber, if you have to.

I've priced out last minute a few times, and it actually seems better than booking ahead sometimes.

Just to clarify, when people are talking about reservations being cancelled, they are talking about situations where people are renting directly from an owner or through a third-party broker, correct? If you book directly through Wyndham's official reservation arm, extraholidays.com, then you're not taking that risk, right? Or am I reading this all wrong?

Just to clarify, when people are talking about reservations being cancelled, they are talking about situations where people are renting directly from an owner or through a third-party broker, correct? If you book directly through Wyndham's official reservation arm, extraholidays.com, then you're not taking that risk, right? Or am I reading this all wrong?
That is correct.

As long as I'm asking questions... :D

When you go to book on extraholidays.com, it asks for payment information but gives no indication as to what exactly you are going to be charged at the time of booking. Do you have to pay the full amount at booking time? Are they just going to charge you a deposit and then the balance is due at check-in? Do they have a random number generator that just makes up an amount? Am I missing something?

Any clarification from you veterans would be most appreciated.

Be careful with renting- I think I just got scammed with a reservation for Bonnet Creek. This was a last minute reservation on the TUG board -we were supposed to check in this upcoming Saturday. Everything seemed legit, he sent me copy of reservation and asked for 50% deposit- paid deposit via Venmo and then got an email from the resort but something looked sketchy about it. I called the resort and while the reservation was legit, it has been cancelled. I contacted the seller and he did respond and say he would follow up but it’s been 2 hours and I haven’t heard anything. I think I have been scammed- I am annoyed that I got taken advantage of but also sad because I was getting really excited for vacation with my boys for Spring Break- they would have loved Bonnet Creek :-(

Has anyone been scammed before - do I have any recourse with Venmo, do I contact my bank. Sadly I think j just lost $400. This is all new to me and would welcome any experience or recommendations others might have…but for others, be careful with renting. I thought I was doing so, but apparently not…

I am giving the guy until 9 pm to get back to me. I just sent a message asking him to my deposit. If I don’t hear back by then, I will be sure to do so

WBC = March 10th (Friday) - April 15th (Saturday) are Blocked dates for non owners (ymmv) maybe WBC cancelled it . . .

Last edited:
Are Ken and Denise Price with vacation upgrades still in business? It's been about 4 or 5 yrs though since we booked. We have rented through them several times and never had a problem. Thanks!

Does anyone have the list or the URL to the blackout dates for non owners? Looking at staying here for Marathon Weekend next year if it's not blacked out.

Is Vacation Strategy still a good place to work with for reservations? Also, do the sales people in the lobby still try to give you the whole sales pitch after checking in? "You can pick up your bracelets over at the sales desk". LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter