The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Where is flippers located? How far from resort?
I’m thinking a good option for lunch on our arrival day.
I think we went to the Flippers near 192 and 429, which is about 20 minutes depending on traffic. There may be one a little closer.

I’m leaning toward tower one because we have 2 small children with us, and also 2 young adults, do you remember if they have music at the main pool? Also, are there umbrellas available at that pool?
The live music rotates to different pools each day. It's not at the main pool every day.

Yes, there are some tables with umbrellas at the main pool, as well as areas with pergolas so there's added shade.

I wonder why we haven’t been given any key cards at checkin. It’s been several years since we were given the cards. It used to be you got your key cards at the front desk and then they would send you over to sales for the “parking pass”. As people figured out they could skip the parking pass, they wised up and stopped giving out key cards at the front desk and said you had to go over to sales to get your wrist bands,

Now they have reverted to giving key cards at the front desk again? Man, we were just there in January and they didn’t offer that. I feel let down!

Last edited:

Where is flippers located? How far from resort?
I’m thinking a good option for lunch on our arrival day.
I ordered delivery from Flippers because it was so convenient, they allow you to order online and select a delivery time. I ordered from the Sunrise/Kissimmee location as it was the only one that delivered to Bonnet Creek.

So how hard is it really to avoid the timeshare people? We are considering staying here, but have absolutely no interest in ever purchasing a timeshare. And, for that matter, we don't have the money or the credit it would take to buy one anyway. I'd rather not have to spend my time arguing with someone trying to get me into a timeshare presentation just to check in to my room.

So how hard is it really to avoid the timeshare people? We are considering staying here, but have absolutely no interest in ever purchasing a timeshare. And, for that matter, we don't have the money or the credit it would take to buy one anyway. I'd rather not have to spend my time arguing with someone trying to get me into a timeshare presentation just to check in to my room.
They don't exclude key cards at check-in as I was informed so after you check-in and they give you key cards, they will attempt to send you over to the “arm band desk” which is also the sales desk. Just tell them you need to go the restroom first and walk out. Done.

They don't really hard sell you at the arm band desk anyway. They generally ask a question like, "Are you renting from someone you know?" or "Have you done one of our presentations before?" I always say, "I've done it before and I'm not interested" and that shuts them down.

The armbands are nice as they will get you everywhere on property the key card will. I always ask for an extra one so I can keep one in our vehicle wrapped around the gear shifter so I can use it to get in the front gate without having to use the one on my arm.

Last edited:
I often see the recommendation to “have a backup plan just in case” in the event of your reservation is canceled at the last minute but I’m wondering where people make reservations that allow super last minute cancellations (without charging your CC) in the event WBC does work out?? I’d love to have the peace of mind of a back up but don’t want to shoot myself in the foot either. For reference, we’re staying Sept 7-14, 2023. TIA!

The options for backup would be at other properties booked directly with the hotel brand website, like Marriott.com, Hilton.com. You usually have to cancel at least 24 hours in advance or sometimes even more. Check the cancellation policies. These options will always be much more expensive than renting through an owner at WBC.

I often see the recommendation to “have a backup plan just in case” in the event of your reservation is canceled at the last minute but I’m wondering where people make reservations that allow super last minute cancellations (without charging your CC) in the event WBC does work out?? I’d love to have the peace of mind of a back up but don’t want to shoot myself in the foot either. For reference, we’re staying Sept 7-14, 2023. TIA!
I booked a condo through Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Centre that gave me a 3 day cancellation policy. That was because I couldn’t get a place until a reservation popped up a little over a week before my arrival.

I'd not worry about a backup plan unless you knowingly book during the blackout dates. Getting a reservation canceled outside of these dates is very low odds. Sure it could (and can) happen. But I think I've only read about it happening once or twice in 10 years. I'd put it at the same odds of getting a reservation canceled at any other hotel. Pretty miniscule in my opinion.

A backup plan could be as simple as watching the hotel/VRBO/etc. inventory for your dates and having an alternative you could book at the last minute. It's very very rare for everything in Orlando to be booked.

I'd not worry about a backup plan unless you knowingly book during the blackout dates. Getting a reservation canceled outside of these dates is very low odds. Sure it could (and can) happen. But I think I've only read about it happening once or twice in 10 years. I'd put it at the same odds of getting a reservation canceled at any other hotel. Pretty miniscule in my opinion.

It happened to me in September and it was outside of the blackout dates. I would definitely have a backup plan - this experience has taught me that is important. It can seem like it only happens to others once in a blue moon and it's not a big deal until it happens to you. I suggest looking into Plan B and if you don't need it, then that's fine.

I personally wouldn’t risk wyndham rentals at this point. Who wants to deal with the stress of possibly not having a hotel reservation after you get to your destination? This is the reason I became a Wyndham resale owner (which I guess is part of Wyndham’s goal in doing this in the first place.)

It happened to me in September and it was outside of the blackout dates. I would definitely have a backup plan - this experience has taught me that is important. It can seem like it only happens to others once in a blue moon and it's not a big deal until it happens to you. I suggest looking into Plan B and if you don't need it, then that's fine.
Sure it can happen. Anything could happen. But if I had to have a backup plan for everything that could happen during a vacation I’d probably never travel again.

Anyway my $.02. Been staying at WBC for almost 10 years now once or twice a year over that timeframe. I’ve seen two cancellations on this forum and one of them was yours. It’s just not a likely outcome.

Just book through their official reservation arm if you really want peace of mind: https://www.extraholidays.com/

Last edited:
Sure it can happen. Anything could happen. But if I had to have a backup plan for everything that could happen during a vacation I’d probably never travel again.

Anyway my $.02. Been staying at WBC for almost 10 years now once or twice a year over that timeframe. I’ve seen two cancellations on this forum and one of them was yours. It’s just not a likely outcome.

Just book through their official reservation arm if you really want peace of mind: https://www.extraholidays.com/

I get it, the math says it's not likely to happen. You could look at it that way. But again, it's not a big deal until it happens to YOU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter