The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I’ve been staying at WBC for about 10 years now and have never once used the shuttle or heard of anyone who used it and was happy. It’s so much easier to simply drive to the parks yourself.

Scooter breakdown and transport is pretty easy for us. But I could see that it’s also a PITA if you don’t have trunk space. We have to use a hitch cargo carrier so we have to breakdown the scooter and strap it down each time we get in the car. We get pretty good and fast at it after a couple days!

These are not Owner Priority dates at Bonnet Creek.

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations

There is still a chance that the owner in question will run afoul of Wyndham's "commercial use" sweep, but this isn't why.

Checking the link you provided it appears that the page states "We know how much you enjoy sharing your love of travel with family and friends. With that in mind, you can travel with your guests to these resorts during the dates listed below and may use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not travelling with your guests. We will refer to these as Guest Allowances."

If owners at BC are renting out during these blackout periods it seems in this clause they are allowed at least twice to do so? If I am interpreting this correct?

I'm just getting nervous now as we booked through Koala as well over the listed spring break black out dates, and I'm debating making other arrangements now since stumbling on this thread?

If I am interpreting this correct?
Yes!

An owner* can apply a guest certificate for one of three reasons:
  1. The resort/time period is not on the Owner Priority for those dates at the time the guest cert is applied,
  2. The owner is traveling to the same resort with dates that overlap the reservation for the guest, or,
  3. The owner is using one of their two guest allowances.
-----

*: This assumes that the owner was not “commercial” in Wyndham’s eyes.

Yes!

An owner* can apply a guest certificate for one of three reasons:
  1. The resort/time period is not on the Owner Priority for those dates at the time the guest cert is applied,
  2. The owner is traveling to the same resort with dates that overlap the reservation for the guest, or,
  3. The owner is using one of their two guest allowances.
-----

*: This assumes that the owner was not “commercial” in Wyndham’s eyes.
Thank you, Brian Noble, this makes me feel a little better. Now it's just trusting I guess Koala has vetted the process.

Just booked for 4 nights in February with Vacation Uogrades. Do they give you wristbands for pool at check in? Anything else we need to know? Have not been there in 4 years.

Thanks so much!

Just booked for 4 nights in February with Vacation Uogrades. Do they give you wristbands for pool at check in? Anything else we need to know? Have not been there in 4 years.

Thanks so much!
After check in they send you to a second desk to get your wristbands and/or parking pass. They will attempt to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. Cut them off politely and immediately and say no, no no, broken record, keep cutting them off, no, not interested, please give me the wristbands. Should take about 90 seconds if you do it that way. Sometimes they are unscrupulous. No matter what they tell you, you do not need to attend the presentation, just keep saying no. If they offer you a free vacation if you go, know that the free vacation is worthless and unusable.

If you are polite and nod along, it will take longer than 90 seconds. Resist the urge to be polite.

We think the pizza place by Tower three is awesome. Great stuffed garlic knots and meatball parm subs. There’s an ice cream place as well.

So bummed, I'm choosing to forgo the gamble of booking with Koala in fears that when we are booking is considered back of black out periods for guest certificates...and instead will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort... But at least we will have peace of mind knowing we won't show up with no accomodations.

So bummed, I'm choosing to forgo the gamble of booking with Koala in fears that when we are booking is considered back of black out periods for guest certificates...and instead will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort... But at least we will have peace of mind knowing we won't show up with no accomodations.
This was us. We’ve done a bunch of Sheraton Vistana stays recently. This is also what pushed us to buy a 252,000 WBC resale contract on ebay for $750 including closing costs. Now we can stay at Bonnet Creek without worrying about our reservation getting cancelled, and I figure when we’re done with it, we shoudl be able to either give it away or use Wyndham’s exit program to deed it back.

After check in they send you to a second desk to get your wristbands and/or parking pass. They will attempt to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. Cut them off politely and immediately and say no, no no, broken record, keep cutting them off, no, not interested, please give me the wristbands. Should take about 90 seconds if you do it that way. Sometimes they are unscrupulous. No matter what they tell you, you do not need to attend the presentation, just keep saying no. If they offer you a free vacation if you go, know that the free vacation is worthless and unusable.

If you are polite and nod along, it will take longer than 90 seconds. Resist the urge to be polite.

We think the pizza place by Tower three is awesome. Great stuffed garlic knots and meatball parm subs. There’s an ice cream place as well.
Thanks so much. I remember the timeshare spiel from all the other time we stayed there. Will definitely be unplugging the phone too. Can’t imagine why people ever agree to them anyway.
Will smile politely, get my wristband and leave.😁

Thanks so much. I remember the timeshare spiel from all the other time we stayed there. Will definitely be unplugging the phone too. Can’t imagine why people ever agree to them anyway.
Will smile politely, get my wristband and leave.😁
There are people who negotiate and get a gift card in exchange for going, but man, it’s my vacation time, and I’m spending a lot to be there, so my time is worth a lot more than that gift card.

There are people who negotiate and get a gift card in exchange for going, but man, it’s my vacation time, and I’m spending a lot to be there, so my time is worth a lot more than that gift card.
The draw of the free gift is too much. Sometimes people are on a tight budget and the extra $150 is worth their time. People like me who have been to over 50 timeshare presentations almost make a job out of it. Our travel style is different than most who take a one or two week vacation a year.

After check in they send you to a second desk to get your wristbands and/or parking pass. They will attempt to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. Cut them off politely and immediately and say no, no no, broken record, keep cutting them off, no, not interested, please give me the wristbands. Should take about 90 seconds if you do it that way
YMMV last two times there, was asked if it was our first time there. answered “no” and the rep just handed over the wristbands and parking pass. No mention of TS spiel whatsoever.

did get a phone call in the unit late afternoon, day before we were leaving; which made zero sense.

Thinking perhaps new sales staff may not have their shark training yet lol

When we were there a few weeks ago we got the, “we aren’t a part of a Wyndham anymore and our new timeshare presentation is different and better now from the last…”. I just declined and said “no thanks” and that was the end of it.

I’m not sure what he meant by “they weren’t a part of Wyndham anymore” but I didn’t care enough to ask. Unplugged the phone when we got into the room and never dealt with them again.

Last edited:
We had our first stay last week! We checked in Monday - I was asked if it was my first time and I told her yes. She gave me the keys, directed me to the sales folks for the wristbands, but since I had a key, I left. We didn't have time to do the pool, which may be what the wristband is for. Keys worked fine and we were in Tower 5 for 2 nights only.

The room was perfect for us - a 1 BR. Our 1yo needs to sleep separately from us or else no one sleeps, and it was so nice to shut the connecting door to the master and unwind without having to be lights out at 8pm. :D

I would definitely stay here again - Disney has priced me out of their resorts based on the current room type I need (and may need for a few years). I'm also looking into Flamingo Crossings.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who assured me the sales pitch wasn't mandatory! <3

We had our first stay last week! We checked in Monday - I was asked if it was my first time and I told her yes. She gave me the keys, directed me to the sales folks for the wristbands, but since I had a key, I left. We didn't have time to do the pool, which may be what the wristband is for. Keys worked fine and we were in Tower 5 for 2 nights only.

The room was perfect for us - a 1 BR. Our 1yo needs to sleep separately from us or else no one sleeps, and it was so nice to shut the connecting door to the master and unwind without having to be lights out at 8pm. :D

I would definitely stay here again - Disney has priced me out of their resorts based on the current room type I need (and may need for a few years). I'm also looking into Flamingo Crossings.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who assured me the sales pitch wasn't mandatory! <3
Bob Chapek definitely saved me a ton of money by eliminating the fastpass resort perk, Disney’s Magical Express, Resort Package Delivery, and free dining plan promos. I never even would have considered staying offsite, and now I stay at Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Vistana just as much as I stay onsite. Thanks Bob!

Bob Chapek definitely saved me a ton of money by eliminating the fastpass resort perk, Disney’s Magical Express, Resort Package Delivery, and free dining plan promos. I never even would have considered staying offsite, and now I stay at Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Vistana just as much as I stay onsite. Thanks Bob!
Three cheers for Bob!!!

No one checks for the wristbands. They work just like a room key. If they give you a key and parking pass at the front desk, and you don't want the wristband, do as you did and just head on out.

No one checks for the wristbands. They work just like a room key. If they give you a key and parking pass at the front desk, and you don't want the wristband, do as you did and just head on out.
Do they check them at the pools? Hate wearing a wristband all vacation just to swim for a few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter