The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Looking at all your posts has me terrified. We are booked Dec 29th-January 2nd through go koala. Would I likely have received a notification by now that we are being cancelled? We have until the 14th to cancel and get a full refund, but I am worried we won't find a decent rental elsewhere. We are booked for flights, park tickets, etc. so financially we cannot change anything, especially due to our work schedules. Thoughts? :crazy2:
I would reach out to Go Koala with your concerns. In the end, they are the only ones who can ease your concerns.
I know they are well aware of the new rules Wyndham has put on renting.
I have not seen any recent reports of mass cancelations here or on the timeshare boards.

Looking at all your posts has me terrified. We are booked Dec 29th-January 2nd through go koala. Would I likely have received a notification by now that we are being cancelled? We have until the 14th to cancel and get a full refund, but I am worried we won't find a decent rental elsewhere. We are booked for flights, park tickets, etc. so financially we cannot change anything, especially due to our work schedules. Thoughts? :crazy2:

My reservation was cancelled in September, 3 weeks before my trip. This was during "value" season and not during a blackout period. I rented through Vacation Strategy, which I have done numerous times over many years without an issue. I have decided I will not stay at WBC anymore - it's just not worth the risk. There are plenty of other places to stay around Disney. My family absolutely loves WBC, but it's time for us to move on. I don't want to worry about cancellations or finding out at check-in that there is an problem. As I have posted before about this issue, it's not a problem until it happens to YOU and then it's real.

We ended up staying at Wyndham Reunion. We literally slept there for 2 nights though because of Hurricane Ian. I will probably stay there again, it seemed nice for the little time we were there. Hopefully Wyndham won't crack down on the Reunion location. Vacation Strategy said they never have a problem at that location, but I don't know if that's true.

I would look at a back up plan, honestly, just in case. I'm seeing reviews on trip advisor and other places where people have had their reservations cancelled, including when people have showed up at check in. To me, it's not worth the risk. Especially during a big holiday time.
I'm not sure Koala is going to be much help in easing your mind. They rent units that owners list, so it's up to the owner to be in compliance with WBC rules (not renting for commercial gain), and you (and Koala) won't know if he/she is.

I have decided I will not stay at WBC anymore - it's just not worth the risk. There are plenty of other places to stay around Disney. My family absolutely loves WBC, but it's time for us to move on. I don't want to worry about cancellations or finding out at check-in that there is an problem. As I have posted before about this issue, it's not a problem until it happens to YOU and then it's real.
We stayed at WBC after Ian, and while our reservation was not cancelled, I was very nervous that it would be. Even after I received confirmation from the resort via email, and had the owner we rented from check the reservation in the days leading up to our check in. We decided that we are not going to stay here again because it was very stressful.

Has anyone actually showed up to check in and told their reservation was canceled? I remember reading in this thread a few years back it happened to someone but that was before the blackout dates were even a thing. I’m just wondering if it has happened lately.

We will be there the first week of January but outside of the blackout dates. Reservation is confirmed with Vacation Upgrades who we have been using for years. Been staying at WBC for almost 10 years now.

Has anyone actually showed up to check in and told their reservation was canceled? I remember reading in this thread a few years back it happened to someone but that was before the blackout dates were even a thing. I’m just wondering if it has happened lately.

We will be there the first week of January but outside of the blackout dates. Reservation is confirmed with Vacation Upgrades who we have been using for years. Been staying at WBC for almost 10 years now.
We have heard about this happening. But I would certainly hope it wouldn’t happen when you arrive! Hopefully by now it has been resolved.

I have decided I will not stay at WBC anymore - it's just not worth the risk.

We decided that we are not going to stay here again because it was very stressful.

You can always book through the retail site. Yes, it is more expensive than renting, but you still get a lot for your money compared to on-property, and even compared to some offsite hotels.

I will admit it would be a big disappointment to be cancelled but it would be more than a disappointment to be cancelled at the front desk! Hopefully, this will stop happening.

Here now. Was told at check in resort is full. Surface Parking near bldg 6 more of a premium due to construction blocking off a portion

Coming back after 8 pm equates to parking lot floor 4 & 6 levels so far E091C4FA-F908-4CCC-B44D-A9C124F0A65A.jpeg

DS did an all pool day, had nice time as it was karaoke afternoon. He did mention the pools seemed very busy. Not amused to see a mandatory 15% Covid dining fee still attached to bill At Escondos(sp?).

only booked yesterday with Vacation Strategy. 6 nights 11-16th Dec 2022. Haven't received any confirmation as of yet, is this normal? Paranoid that my booking will be cancelled after some of the things I've read.
Here now, 12/8-16, thru VS. No issues ckg in at all. The only company we’ve used at WBC over the years.

Was reminded at check in we couldn’t use the presidential lounge but, the Robes on bed ok to utilize. Wonder if the two bottles of Perrier on nightstand are fair game?;)
My reservation was cancelled in September, 3 weeks before my trip. This was during "value" season and not during a blackout period. I rented through Vacation Strategy, which I have done numerous times over many years without an issue. I have decided I will not stay at WBC anymore - it's just not worth the risk
That’s awful! Did they provide a reason? Wonder if an issue with the owner of points & the account status?

Same as any TS rental (and I’ve been on both sides of that over the years)…there is always an element of trust/uncertainty as to the reservation being honored. Happy to report never had an issue with VS
I'm seeing reviews on trip advisor and other places where people have had their reservations cancelled, including when people have showed up at check in. To me, it's not worth the risk. Especially during a big holiday time.
Discussed this situation as to the reports here of res being cancelled with front desk.

quite clear they don’t Consider us renters…We are guests of the owner. Handy on their part to avoid any liability as to res going awry

Keishashadow, so glad things went well. Thanks for the update and Enjoy!!
Really a nice visit this trip. Will say, one thing I do appreciate about this property is never being made to feel like a 2nd class guest as a non owner

All TS in this area are decidedly not the same. Meanwhile, you’d think they’d be welcoming to try to push membership in their brand :confused3

My reservation was cancelled in September, 3 weeks before my trip. This was during "value" season and not during a blackout period. I rented through Vacation Strategy, which I have done numerous times over many years without an issue. I have decided I will not stay at WBC anymore - it's just not worth the risk. There are plenty of other places to stay around Disney. My family absolutely loves WBC, but it's time for us to move on. I don't want to worry about cancellations or finding out at check-in that there is an problem. As I have posted before about this issue, it's not a problem until it happens to YOU and then it's real.

We ended up staying at Wyndham Reunion. We literally slept there for 2 nights though because of Hurricane Ian. I will probably stay there again, it seemed nice for the little time we were there. Hopefully Wyndham won't crack down on the Reunion location. Vacation Strategy said they never have a problem at that location, but I don't know if that's true.
So far we have not received anything saying it was cancelled. We have a backup plan should we have problems at checking. Praying nothing happens at check in.

Is anyone at BC right now with a schedule of any fun events going on this week? :) Looking primarily at New Years Eve to see if they will have anything fun during the way. :)

I’m guessing if u do call They’d let you in on activities. The staff we encountered were very & eager to help this visit. Nice after so many lackluster experiences since 2020

Wyndham has announced that they're planning to upgrade their owners' website by some time in October (next month). Supposedly after that, an online reservation that an owner tries to make during a restricted period with an added guest certificate will be cross-checked against the owner's account to see if that reservation is eligible for one of the owner's two guest certs (per year) that may be used during a restricted period. If they've already used/booked those, then the system won't confirm the new reservation at all. This would be better than having it cancelled later.

So IF the Wyndham IT upgrade happens on time and works as they intend, the risk of cancellation may be lower in the future. For now, it's very real.

Can any owners confirm if this IT change did in fact happen? I just booked today via the same VRBO host (Mike Kennedy via KOALA) we used September 2022 and it allowed me to book my dates (9/8/23 - 9/14/23) but figured I'd check with the experts on the DIS!

Hi all - I tried to click on the link to Pt. 1 but it was broken. I feel like I just got myself in a pickle. I booked a stay for February through the Club Wyndham "Extra Holidays" website. It's for a 2 night only stay and I didn't see any language that indicated I needed to be a timeshare owner to book. I was looking at pictures on TripAdvisor and the reviews are indicating that the resort requires you to listen to a pitch to become a timeshare owner in order to stay there? Can anyone shine a light on this? I have a 1 year old and there's no way I'm willing to sit through a pitch of something I'll never buy. I don't see any language on my receipt that says this is part of the deal.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

They will send you over to a desk. The person will offer you gifts cards or a weeks vacation. Just say no at the desk. They can't force you.

Hi all - I tried to click on the link to Pt. 1 but it was broken. I feel like I just got myself in a pickle. I booked a stay for February through the Club Wyndham "Extra Holidays" website. It's for a 2 night only stay and I didn't see any language that indicated I needed to be a timeshare owner to book. I was looking at pictures on TripAdvisor and the reviews are indicating that the resort requires you to listen to a pitch to become a timeshare owner in order to stay there? Can anyone shine a light on this? I have a 1 year old and there's no way I'm willing to sit through a pitch of something I'll never buy. I don't see any language on my receipt that says this is part of the deal.

Extra Holidays is the rental arm of Wyndham. Some owners rent directly to guests. Some use points managers. Some give their timeshare points to Wyndham, who then rents rooms through Extra Holidays.

It is also a way for Wyndham to make money from its excess inventory.

You won't be required to go to a timeshare pitch, although you may be enticed with some kind of offer. You can just say no.

Some timeshare companies do offer "postcard deals" that will give you a cheap teaser rate on a vacation and require you to go to a sales pitch, but this would be pretty clear and I haven't seen those at WBC.

Was just there as a non-owner, and you're not required to do anything. Part of the check-in process is stopping at a desk that will try to convince you to attend the sales pitch but you can gently and firmly say no. I did unplug my phone in the room in case they tried calling with a follow-up.

Wanted to post a quick update. We booked through Go Koala for Dec 30th-Jan 4th where it is posted as a blackout date for owners to rent out their room. We had no problems checking in. :) I was super nervous, but there were no questions asked different than normal and the process was simple as it always as. Attached is a photo of the events tomorrow. ❤️

Attachments

• 47C9DAC3-2655-44DE-8172-88582D650A1B.jpeg
    47C9DAC3-2655-44DE-8172-88582D650A1B.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 9
Can any owners confirm if this IT change did in fact happen? I just booked today via the same VRBO host (Mike Kennedy via KOALA) we used September 2022 and it allowed me to book my dates (9/8/23 - 9/14/23) but figured I'd check with the experts on the DIS!
I would think Mike Kennedy could answer this question. No?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter