• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I think there is probably a box or two. They also probably sell small boxes in the resort shop. I'd bring pods only if they were solid (a busted pod in a suitcase will be unpleasant.)
Yep, usually a couple of small boxes of that Country something-or-other powder. I throw a few pods in a rigid plastic container, to avoid that dreaded mess. And remember to either check them or put them in your liquids bag for TSA if you're only doing carry-on.

Interesting. Why do you think that? I'm looking for April 18-23.
Because when I log in to check (I'm a Wyndham owner) there are no 3BRs for those dates--assuming you are talking about 2023. So, even if you found an owner willing to reserve it for you, there is nothing to reserve. It would have to have been booked already.

Yep, usually a couple of small boxes of that Country something-or-other powder. I throw a few pods in a rigid plastic container, to avoid that dreaded mess. And remember to either check them or put them in your liquids bag for TSA if you're only doing carry-on.
Yes we’ve traveled several times with pods. Ziploc bag inside our toiletries bag. We carry on exclusively (hence the laundry)

Because when I log in to check (I'm a Wyndham owner) there are no 3BRs for those dates--assuming you are talking about 2023. So, even if you found an owner willing to reserve it for you, there is nothing to reserve. It would have to have been booked already.
Yes. 2023. Sorry this is getting off topic, but I think I misunderstood your post. You said they must be spec rentals. Meaning, I thought, someone booked them already with the purpose of renting them out, even though they may not have a renter yet.

Yes. 2023. Sorry this is getting off topic, but I think I misunderstood your post. You said they must be spec rentals. Meaning, I thought, someone booked them already with the purpose of renting them out, even though they may not have a renter yet.
Your thinking is right. In order to rent something from an owner, the reservation must be made. If you aren't finding anything on the traditional rental sites, then there may not be anything available to rent or an owner simply hasn't listed it yet.

You said they must be spec rentals. Meaning, I thought, someone booked them already with the purpose of renting them out, even though they may not have a renter yet.
Correct. That's exactly what I meant.

There are no 3BRs available currently in Bonnet's open inventory that an owner could book for your dates. So, the only way someone could rent a 3BR for those dates to you is if they'd already booked it, but have not yet found a renter.

Star Island has 3BRs available, and Reunion does as well (all the units at Reunion are 3BRs)

Wyndham did recently (as in, within the last week or two) add waitlist capability, so maybe someone would be willing to do that for you and hope to catch a cancellation.

Trying to create a laundry list: What type of filter does the coffee machine take? Do all units come with a blender? Is the dining room the same size in the one bedroom and two bedroom (the table) -just curious on that one!

Very excited for our first stay here! Do the rooms come with any laundry detergent? We’ll probably do 2 loads and wondering if we should pack pods.

I’m almost certain it was a orange box of Tide powder. But it could be sachets of powdered detergent. Stayed in 4 different timeshares this past trip lol. They’ll send more if u text/call. Same for dishwasher detergent or anything else, really. I do a lot of laundry as I find it easier to come home with clean clothes when it is so convenient. Also the machines are small.

The dining table in the 2 bedroom seated 6 people, btw. Seemed the exact same size and layout as the 1 bedroom we had at the Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge we moved to next.

Trying to create a laundry list: What type of filter does the coffee machine take? Do all units come with a blender? Is the dining room the same size in the one bedroom and two bedroom (the table) -just curious on that one!
1. cone type
2. yes
3. I'm pretty sure this one is yes

Hello friends,

Our last visit to Orlando was our first stay at Bonnet Creek in March 2020. We loved it! We would like to stay at Bonnet Creek again this May. I am posting to ask if there have ben any major changes I should know about since then. Thank you!!

I just purchased my first (resale) contract for this resort off of ebay after loving our first stay there. Any owners in this thread with advice on how to maximize ownership?

Welcome to Wyndham! We’ve been (resale) owners for about 15 years and it has been one of our better decisions.

Maximize your ownership by: 1: Joining TUG (tugbbs.com), 2: Reading the Wyndham forums closely, but 3: Putting some of the folks who insist on having the same argument over and over on ignore.

Wyndham works best if you can plan ahead about how you will use it, and commit to those vacations. That allows you to avoid most of the nuisance fees. It also works better if you avoid short stays in smaller units during lower seasons (otherwise you end up running out of housekeeping credits.)

We’ve been to probably ten different Wyndham resorts. All have been at least good, and some are great. There are a few we’ve revisited several times. Our “repeat visits” in addition to Bonnet Creek are Smoky Mountains (a drive-to location for us) and Kauai Beach Villas (the oceanfront buildings are DW’s Happy Place, though they are under a long-term renovation right now.)

Welcome to Wyndham! We’ve been (resale) owners for about 15 years and it has been one of our better decisions.

Maximize your ownership by: 1: Joining TUG (tugbbs.com), 2: Reading the Wyndham forums closely, but 3: Putting some of the folks who insist on having the same argument over and over on ignore.

Wyndham works best if you can plan ahead about how you will use it, and commit to those vacations. That allows you to avoid most of the nuisance fees. It also works better if you avoid short stays in smaller units during lower seasons (otherwise you end up running out of housekeeping credits.)

We’ve been to probably ten different Wyndham resorts. All have been at least good, and some are great. There are a few we’ve revisited several times. Our “repeat visits” in addition to Bonnet Creek are Smoky Mountains (a drive-to location for us) and Kauai Beach Villas (the oceanfront buildings are DW’s Happy Place, though they are under a long-term renovation right now.)
Ditto all of this! We've had our resale for only about 5 years and are happy with it as well. My biggest tips are to watch for the deadlines for unused points deposits and know that you can deposit unused points to RCI until the end of the year if you miss the window to deposit to your next Wyndham year. Our resale closed really close to year end with some points on it that we expected to just go to waste, but we were able to deposit to RCI with only days to spare and used them for part of a Hawaii trip the following year. Like @Brian Noble mentioned, we also have enjoyed resorts other than Bonnet Creek. The TUG resort listing and reviews section is really helpful when looking at other destinations (I think the reviews need a paid subscription to TUG to read, but I'm happy to pay for TUG access since I have received so much info and advice there.)

Um, should I be worried? I see an AirBnB listing for a 2-bedroom, 3 nights, at $118/night, for a total of $460 after fees. The same dates at Hotels.com are over $1,000 and at Undercover Tourist over $2,000. I realize there can be a difference when buying straight from a member—but is that difference too good to be true? Should I be worried that somebody's selling without having the availability?

Depending on the dates, and whether or not the owner was able to book it with a VIP discount, that's possible.

I think the more important question is whether or not someone offering rentals on AirBnB has attracted the attention of Wyndham's "commercial use" enforcement.

This is a strange request for comments, but has anyone had a stay at Club Wyndham that was booked on different sources with a change in room category?

Our booking includes a 6 night stay that was booked on Koala in a 2BR Deluxe for a Sunday night to Friday Night stay. Our check in is this sunday. We were unable to get a full 7 night stay booked with Koala, and as our first night there is this SATURDAY, we were looking at having to get a temporary one night room elsewhere. However, today by random chance, I decided to look on Expedia for something nearby and was able to get a Studio at Club Wyndham for the first night (Sat) of our stay.

My questions are related to transferring within the resort:

1) do they offer any bell services (i.e. to transfer our luggage to the new suite on Sunday, while we are out enjoying a park?)
a) if bell service is possible, will they move luggage / items from one suite to the other, or would we have to bring luggage down to the front desk?

2) Would they possibly just drop us in a 2BR deluxe on the Saturday and let us stay in one room for the full 7 nights? (Obviously, willing to pay $$ for this privilege, and based on availability)

Anyone have any experience with mid-vacation room changes?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter