The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Does anyone know if housekeeping still does a bedding change during an extended stay? I’m sure we’ve had this done before after about a week, but maybe things have changed since our last trip,
Since COVID rules began, they no longer do the midweek or extended stay clean and tidy. However housekeeping will give you a complete set of fresh linens upon request. When we did it they just asked us to put the old ones in the big laundry bag that they gave us the clean sheets in and leave it outside our door. ( we had a 10 day stay so we really wanted new sheets halfway through)

What happens if we check in the day AFTER our reservation? Go-Koala has one extra night than we need - I don't mind paying for an extra night, especially since this should mean we have access to the room as soon as we check in, but I can't tell if the reservation is canceled if we don't show up or if they hold it. Since it's booked through Go-Koala, I can't see a way to ask the owner directly.

(previously, we have done this at Vistana without an issue)

Anyone know?
We have done this before without issues. You just call the front desk on the day you were supposed to check in and tell them that you will not be able to make it to the hotel till the next day. Just avoid calling during high peak check in/check out times. No guarantee that the room will be ready upon arrival since they will likely not assign you a specific room till you are there but it doesn't hurt to ask them when you call.

Staying at the resort now, been here for a week. We really love it here in building 4, 11th floor. Very quiet. Very clean.
Were supposed to go to Floridays when I read about this place and glad we changed!

Staying at the resort now, been here for a week. We really love it here in building 4, 11th floor. Very quiet. Very clean.
Were supposed to go to Floridays when I read about this place and glad we changed!
Can you share the most recent activity list? Thank you!

2. How long, would you estimate, it takes to get from the FURTHEST tower to the front gates/leaving the property? I know this place is huge, and I'm trying to strategize our arrival for Rope Drop. How long do I need to account for getting from our hotel room (wherever it may be), to our car and then out the gates? 5 minutes? 20 minutes?

4. How safe do you find the balcony doors? Easy to lock & hard/heavy to open? Our kids are 3 and 2 and the youngest one considers himself a Houdini of sorts and my biggest fear is him getting out on the balcony.

Thanks all!!
I'm sure others have already answered, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I used to always ask for tower 4 and 5 until I had to stay in Tower 3 once. Since then I'm all about towers 2 and 3, mostly because it's so quick to leave in the morning and find a spot when I get back. I'm a rope drop to fireworks person. So in 4 and 5 I'd always end up high in the parking garage. So that would add ~5 minutes of extra driving/walking time. Which I really didn't like with a tired toddler and lugging stuff in and out each day. It wasn't horrible, but not great. In 3 and 2 you can always get good surface parking. In total of say room to Lake Buena Vista Drive in 5-7ish minutes from the surface lots.

On the doors, I don't think my 6 year old can open it yet. I used to also pull all the furniture away from the railing in case she climbed up on it.

Edit: apparently my 6 yo can open the door without an issue. Although she did have to use both hands, so not completely easy for her.

Last edited:

Yes, they'll bring a high chair to your room on request, as available, after you check in. Check that it has a working strap & buckle when it arrives. They're the wooden, stacking kind that you see in most restaurants, rather like this:
View attachment 692626
Really? I always got plastic ones that were really nice. I so so hated the wooden ones. Always were in such poor condition.

As for permanent vs. temporary: Your guess is as good as mine. If this is just to remove the COVID point backlog, then it might not last more than another year or two. But a lot of owners (the ones who rarely rent) seem to like this, so it might stick around.

I do know there is at least one pending lawsuit over the guest blackouts. My guess at some point there will be a settlement there and they will go away.

What happens if we check in the day AFTER our reservation? Go-Koala has one extra night than we need - I don't mind paying for an extra night, especially since this should mean we have access to the room as soon as we check in, but I can't tell if the reservation is canceled if we don't show up or if they hold it. Since it's booked through Go-Koala, I can't see a way to ask the owner directly.

(previously, we have done this at Vistana without an issue)

Anyone know?
I had to do this once when our flight was cancelled. It was no big deal, they won't give up your reservation, but they also won't assign the room until you get there. IIRC, we got to check in around 10 am and the only rooms were first floor parking lot, so we put in a room request and then went to Typhoon Lagoon. I think they called around 1 to let me know my requested room was available.

Of note, Wyndham will only let the one person named on the reservation check in. At a different Wyndham in the Smokies we were meeting my in-laws there. Our flight was cancelled and we decided to drive, so we got there 5 hours after them. The resort absolutely refused to let them check in. I find this policy infuriating. One time at WBC the checkin line was 30+ minutes long, at 11 pm. Get to the counter and find out it's in my wife's name, couldn't get her to answer the phone as she was outside with our melting down daughter. Not only wouldn't they let me checkin, they shouldn't let me run and get her. (/Rant, but checkin is really my only issue with any club Wyndham I've stayed in)

there is at least one pending lawsuit over the guest blackouts
It's easy to file a lawsuit against Wyndham. Lots of people have done it. As far as I know, the vast majority of them go nowhere, and exactly one of them resulted a change in how Wyndham does business: the Glenz v. RCI class action. And even that didn't do what the plaintiffs were hoping, because Wyndham changed the underlying rules of exchange valuations to make the most sought-after concession meaningless.

This is inside baseball, but: RCI was accused of taking valuable exchange deposits and renting them out, replacing them with much less valuable inventory. Arguably, RCI was within their rights to do this--this is how they were paying for owners who used Points for non-timeshare activity. In the settlement, RCI agreed to make anything deposited more than a year in advance available exclusively for exchange--which the plaintiffs agreed to because RCI was very clear that full exchange value depended on depositing at least a year in advance. Shortly after the settlement, RCI changed the deposit policy to grant full exchange value at nine months instead of twelve.

I very much doubt that that was a coincidence.

It wasn't totally meaningless, because Points inventory that is individually owned is deposited by default at 10 months, but that's not how most Points inventory makes its way into the system these days. Instead, most Points inventory comes from mini-systems, where the management company controls deposits. DVC, for example, tends to deposit around three to six months prior to use, whether Points or Weeks.

Wyndham has a raft of expensive and talented in-house counsel who have drafted the language in the contracts, governing documents, etc. They may screw up from time to time, but usually they know what they are doing. While we may not like what they do, that doesn't make it legally actionable.

Last edited:
We booked our upcoming stay and we're very excited to try this resort for the first time! We booked through Vacation Upgrades and the process couldn't have been easier. Ken is great!
I read the whole thread and I'm looking for some updated information;
1. Re: the coffee maker, do they still have the type that requires the cone filters? I don't know how many they provide, and I want to make sure to bring enough for morning coffee. We always bring our own coffee.
2. At other timeshare resorts we cleaned up in the unit before we left, like putting all linens and towels in the tub and loading and starting the dishwasher. Does WBC have a specific protocol for cleaning before you leave? I always make sure we do all the dishes anyway, take out the trash and leave the units we rent tidy. I just didn't know about the towel and linen situation.
3. Can you use floaties in the pools, other than the lazy river? I've seen recent reports that the floaties at the lazy river are back, but I was wondering if we can bring our own for the other pools and/or lazy river?
4. Other than our preference of not wanting a first floor unit, is there any tower that would be better for an all-adults group? We like things a little more on the quiet side, and usually don't like units right next to pools. I know they can't guarantee anything, but never being here before, we're not familiar with the towers, pools, etc. We have a two bedroom unit.
TIA!

1. Yes, they provide 7 filters and 2 packs of coffee.
2. Not sure. Leaving tomorrow.
3. We used pool noodles all the time. And some people used floating beds today, but they looked kinda out of place in the smaller pool. But it is allowed and they stayed on the side.
4. We've stayed 12 night in building 4 (11th floor) and it was quiet most nights, except the last two nights when the neighbors found it a great idea to jump in the jacuzzi at midnight, which is noisy.

Which Flippers location do you order from? The ones I'm trying on the website say they don't deliver to WBC. I'd rather order direct with them for our upcoming stay than using a 3rd party.

We booked our upcoming stay and we're very excited to try this resort for the first time! We booked through Vacation Upgrades and the process couldn't have been easier. Ken is great!
I read the whole thread and I'm looking for some updated information;
1. Re: the coffee maker, do they still have the type that requires the cone filters? I don't know how many they provide, and I want to make sure to bring enough for morning coffee. We always bring our own coffee.
2. At other timeshare resorts we cleaned up in the unit before we left, like putting all linens and towels in the tub and loading and starting the dishwasher. Does WBC have a specific protocol for cleaning before you leave? I always make sure we do all the dishes anyway, take out the trash and leave the units we rent tidy. I just didn't know about the towel and linen situation.
3. Can you use floaties in the pools, other than the lazy river? I've seen recent reports that the floaties at the lazy river are back, but I was wondering if we can bring our own for the other pools and/or lazy river?
4. Other than our preference of not wanting a first floor unit, is there any tower that would be better for an all-adults group? We like things a little more on the quiet side, and usually don't like units right next to pools. I know they can't guarantee anything, but never being here before, we're not familiar with the towers, pools, etc. We have a two bedroom unit.
TIA!
We got yelled at when we brought our tubes into the regular pool last year. I think it really depends on the person watching the pool. Bring it and see. Worst they'll do is tell you to take them out.

Tower 1 would probably be the quietest on the first floor. I'd avoid tower 2 because you would possibly be right by the mini golf course and also tower 6 because you could be by the pool which is VERY busy! I think I'd ask for tower 1, 4, 3 in that order for a first floor room. Tower 3 is my absolute favorite tower but I've never been first floor.

I had a WBC reservation for late September through Vacation Strategies and it got cancelled today by Wyndham. I posted it on the main board, but I want you all to be aware this could happen to you. Makes me sad because I love this resort. No more WBC for me, I won't take the risk again.

Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is NOT restricted in late September 2022 (only for reservations that include the nights of Sept. 2, 3, and/or 4), according to the CW Owner Priority Reservations webpage. Not sure why Wyndham would cancel that reservation. Maybe an issue for Vacation Strategies to straighten out for you?

Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is NOT restricted in late September 2022 (only for reservations that include the nights of Sept. 2, 3, and/or 4), according to the CW Owner Priority Reservations webpage. Not sure why Wyndham would canc
VS told me that Wyndham does this often at WBC and there is nothing available at all anymore. Since it's such a popular resort, Wyndham will cancel "Guest" reservations because they are focusing more on timeshare sales and filling it with owners.

Fortunately, I was able to book Wyndham Reunion Resort through VS for the same days. I asked how I can be sure this one will not be cancelled as well. The guy at VS told me that Wyndham never cancels the Reunion reservations like they do the WBC reservations because it's not as popular.

I have stayed at WBC many times and rented through VS and Vacation Upgrades, and have never had one issue. So I'm surprised this happened and I am not happy, but trying to make the best of it. I'll be on vacation after all.

VS told me that Wyndham does this often at WBC and there is nothing available at all anymore. Since it's such a popular resort, Wyndham will cancel "Guest" reservations because they are focusing more on timeshare sales and filling it with owners.

Fortunately, I was able to book Wyndham Reunion Resort through VS for the same days. I asked how I can be sure this one will not be cancelled as well. The guy at VS told me that Wyndham never cancels the Reunion reservations like they do the WBC reservations because it's not as popular.

I have stayed at WBC many times and rented through VS and Vacation Upgrades, and have never had one issue. So I'm surprised this happened and I am not happy, but trying to make the best of it. I'll be on vacation after all.
I has happened now and not in the past because of new Wyndham policies of targeting owners renting their Club Wyndham reservations.

The only option you have is to make the best of it. Reunion is a great property from what I hear. Not Bonnet Creek, but as you say. YOu are on vacation!

I has happened now and not in the past because of new Wyndham policies of targeting owners renting their Club Wyndham reservations.

The only option you have is to make the best of it. Reunion is a great property from what I hear. Not Bonnet Creek, but as you say. YOu are on vacation!

VS told me a block of reservations was canceled and that mine happened to be one of them. So if this is the case, Wyndham is going after a lot of them at one time. Because Reunion is farther from Disney parks, we will have to plan for travel time. This is not the worst thing, it's certainly a first world problem. I am happy it was canceled now and not closer to the date or even - gasp - when I check in.

Apologies, I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times but I can't figure out how to search a thread (I did search all forums but did not find my answer).

What is the front desk phone number?

Additionally, if anyone can show me how to search a thread (not the entire DISboards website) I would be grateful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter