The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Did the second bedroom in a 2br pres have two double beds in the past? This one only has one queen. Fine for us for this trip since our DS (18) didn't bring a friend along, but it would have been less than ideal if he had a bud with him... maybe that's why they now have a pullout in the living room??? I'm not a fan of using the living room for sleeping if we can avoid it.

I will say, I'm sitting on the couch right now and it is comfortable to me. DH also looks pretty comfortable...and he just confirmed, lol.

Guess our chances of getting a fireworks view in a 1 BR Deluxe is pretty much nil since our plane doesn't land until 5pm on check in day and probably won't be able to get to resort until around 7pm?

Is there a best tower these days? I've just booked 4 nights in December with Go-Koala. Do I contact them to request a specific tower or reach out to the resort directly?

...and I don't get too worked up about which tower. They are all in reasonably good shape and the resort is compact enough that nothing is far from anything else.
Thanks. I have 2 young kids so I didn't know if there was a better area for them.

Any chance of calling ahead to check in the day of(morning)? Our flight doesn't leave until3pm and arrive in Sanford at 5pm. Would be nice to have most of check-in completed all ready before we fly.
Check-in will only take a couple of minutes so long as there isn't a line of people. Most of it is scanning your credit card and telling you where your room is. It is not an involved process, it's the same as checking in to any traditional hotel.

When you arrive at the resort the early rush should be over, so hopefully, you won't have to wait long at all.

There also likely will be a second step of wristband people or parking pass people to go through. Not sure what they are doing now. Those people are mainly there to lure you into the timeshare tour. After saying no a few times, you can be on your way. This also may take a minute or two.

Check-in will only take a couple of minutes so long as there isn't a line of people. Most of it is scanning your credit card and telling you where your room is. It is not an involved process, it's the same as checking in to any traditional hotel.

When you arrive at the resort the early rush should be over, so hopefully, you won't have to wait long at all.

There also likely will be a second step of wristband people or parking pass people to go through. Not sure what they are doing now. Those people are mainly there to lure you into the timeshare tour. After saying no a few times, you can be on your way. This also may take a minute or two.
So I guess no chance of even calling the morning of check-in to put in a request for a room on a higher floor with view of fireworks?
I feel by the time we get there late evening we will just get the worse leftover rooms left at the resort with a bad location. :(

In general Bonnet does not take advance requests. The good news is that there aren't really too many "bad" locations, just better ones.

So I guess no chance of even calling the morning of check-in to put in a request for a room on a higher floor with view of fireworks?
I feel by the time we get there late evening we will just get the worse leftover rooms left at the resort with a bad location. :(
The resort has frowned on people playing the "call-ahead game" for fireworks views. In the past, they banned it, although I don't know what they are doing now.

This resort has more than 1,000 units. People are arriving at all hours. Lots of rooms have fireworks views. Lots of rooms are on upper floors.

If you want a guaranteed fireworks view, the Disney resorts will accommodate you --- for a slightly higher price, of course!

Which Publix or Target is the most on the way from MCO? I plan on placing an order ahead of time and picking it up on the drive.

Which Publix or Target is the most on the way from MCO? I plan on placing an order ahead of time and picking it up on the drive.
I see a Target here, that looks to be on the way , 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821

15 miles to Target from MCO.....24 min

6.6 miles to Bonnet Creek from Target 16 min

I see a Target here, that looks to be on the way , 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821

15 miles to Target from MCO.....24 min

6.6 miles to Bonnet Creek from Target 16 min
This is a pretty small Target store and I have found that it isn't the best for general groceries. Grocery wise, there is a Publix on Vineland. We like the Winn-Dixie on 535.

Hi all, we're looking at 2 weeks in early December. Has anyone done that and were you on a single reservation?

Thanks,

I've done that at other Wyndham resorts, but not (yet) at Bonnet. They allow up to 14 nights on a single reservation.

Just found a reservation on Redweek for a 3 bedroom that will work for our date spread in August. There is a note about ongoing construction in Tower 6. Does this impact the pool area at all? It does say it will only be between 8-5pm, so I think we can manage that if it's just room renovations. Hopefully not right next door lol.

Also wondering if this means the reservation will definitely be in Tower 6 or if this is just a general note? I haven't seen it listed on the other Redweek available reservations I have looked into.

Also, the reservation we are looking at does not have the "verified and protected" label that some of the others do. And there is a note about it being up to the owner to guarantee the dates. Seems risky. I know I could ask these questions to the person who posted the reservation, but I don't want to pay the membership fee until I am reasonably certain we are staying here.

Anyone have thoughts on any of this? Thanks in advance!

There are 3BR Deluxe units in all of the towers. The 3BR Presidential units are only in Tower 6. HTH.

Just found a reservation on Redweek for a 3 bedroom that will work for our date spread in August. There is a note about ongoing construction in Tower 6. Does this impact the pool area at all? It does say it will only be between 8-5pm, so I think we can manage that if it's just room renovations. Hopefully not right next door lol.

Also wondering if this means the reservation will definitely be in Tower 6 or if this is just a general note? I haven't seen it listed on the other Redweek available reservations I have looked into.

Also, the reservation we are looking at does not have the "verified and protected" label that some of the others do. And there is a note about it being up to the owner to guarantee the dates. Seems risky. I know I could ask these questions to the person who posted the reservation, but I don't want to pay the membership fee until I am reasonably certain we are staying here.

Anyone have thoughts on any of this? Thanks in advance!
I can try to answer some of your questions.

I recall reading the construction on Tower 6 is not impacting the public areas. I have not been there recently, however, so perhaps someone else can answer.

Unless it is a presidential unit, you are unlikely to be placed in Tower 6. There are some non-presidential units there, but most would be in the other towers. The person renting would know if it is a presidential unit or not. Usually, they rent at a slight premium.

Just because you see availability on Redweek doesn't mean the unit is available. You won't know for sure until you contact the renter. Why? Units are sometimes listed in multiple places. Renters forget to remove the units.

Renting from a third party requires trust on both sides. If I am renting from someone I don't know, how well they communicate and understand their product is a huge factor. Tugbbs has a lot of tips about renting timeshares.

We were just in tower 6 last week. Pool was open, but maybe a third of the pool deck is blocked off - the area directly under the side of the tower being worked on. The side closest to the Wyndham Grand is what is being worked on right now. To be honest, we didn't notice any noise from the work being done, just the visible work being done to the exterior surfaces. It wasn't disruptive at all to us. HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter