The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Help needed...just a few questions. I rented through Go Koala and now I see a much better price at redweek.com. Is it safe to deal with redweek? My dates are 5/21-5/28...is there a chance I could have my reservation canceled? And lastly, where is the best place to order groceries delivered? Thanks so much!
I doubt your reservation falls under the new restrictions made by Wyndham regarding guests. You are checking out the day the restriction starts. So it shouldn't apply. When you reserved through KOALA, the reservation you booked would have provided with the cancellation policy of the owner that listed it. You can check this now by logging into their website, going to the Dashboard (click on your picture/profile in the upper right), then click on My Trips. Your trip will be listed and you can then click on the three dots in the bottom right of the trip and select "View Details". The cancellation policy is stated and if you hover over the ? it will provide details of what the cancellation policy means.

Redweek is a trusted site, but depending on how the owner listed you may have to work directly with the owner and not through a verified listing or even Redweek full service. Verified listing means that Redweek has validated the details of the listing and Full Service indicates you work directly with Redweek and they hold payment until after you check in. If it isn't Full Service, then how trusted Redweek is means nothing, you are relying on the individual owner. Many people rent through Redweek all the time and have a great experience.

The thing with renting through sources other than direct from Wyndham is when you rent, you stop looking for prices. You are getting a cheaper price because there are more restrictive cancellation policies.

I think some of what you are seeing is COVID related. People right now are more apt to hang out at the resort vs going to the parks every day of their stay. So in the past, people might go to the parks most days and spend a few at the resort. Where now the opposite may be true or some are not even doing parks and just getting away from home.

Also realize that about half the pool lounge chairs have been removed to promote social distancing.
It doesn’t seem that any chairs are removed. There is literally no space. People who can’t find chairs can’t even find places to put their stuff down. It is packed.

Well we decided to head to Florida again as we still have flight credits with Alaska that are only good through the end of the year. We are flying from Oregon so we do not get in until after 5pm. Husband and I stayed at Bonnet Creek last year and our room had a parking lot view. We will be arriving on a Friday, just wondering what our possible chance of resort view might be?
No matter what we had a great time last year. I just wonder if late day arrival on Friday means we should not even expect a different view.

We are coming from Oregon as well, arriving after 5 on a Saturday so I’m wondering this as well.

Jnjtrio said:
Well we decided to head to Florida again as we still have flight credits with Alaska that are only good through the end of the year. We are flying from Oregon so we do not get in until after 5pm. Husband and I stayed at Bonnet Creek last year and our room had a parking lot view. We will be arriving on a Friday, just wondering what our possible chance of resort view might be?
No matter what we had a great time last year. I just wonder if late day arrival on Friday means we should not even expect a different view.

We are coming from Oregon as well, arriving after 5 on a Saturday so I’m wondering this as well.

Glad to know I am not the only one. Our trip is not until November, we did September 2 years ago and husband was miserable. November last year was doable so our DD26 and her best friend who also have flight credits they need to use are coming with us.

I need a WBC 2 BR for July 10-16. Can't seem to find anything. Any advice?
You might need to consider a seven night stay since many owners will book in week long increments. Have you tried KOALA, they look to have inventory available for those dates. Remember, this is prime summer reservation time and prices will reflect that.

You might need to consider a seven night stay since many owners will book in week long increments. Have you tried KOALA, they look to have inventory available for those dates. Remember, this is prime summer reservation time and prices will reflect that.
Thank you! I can see how adding one more night helps my search!

Thank you! I can see how adding one more night helps my search!
BTW you can check out early - you'll still have to pay the same amount, but you don't have to stay all 7 nights. Although WBC is a place I'd want to stay at for as long as possible!

BTW you can check out early - you'll still have to pay the same amount, but you don't have to stay all 7 nights. Although WBC is a place I'd want to stay at for as long as possible!
Another good thing with having the extra night is if you have a late flight out, it will allow you to stay past the rather early 10am checkout time.

I actually don’t find the pools packed at all. Spring Break busy-yes. Terrible-no. We’ve been here several years in a row for spring break (not last yearand I’ve seen it waaaaaay worse. There are definitely a good amount of chairs removed. We compared previous years pics to current set up/crowd and a bunch of chairs are definitely missing.

I like the bring-your-own tube set up, honestly. There are all different sized tubes people have brought so the river isn’t PACKED to the brim with those giant blue or yellow tubes like before. It seems much better.

The pool has really emptied out each day around 4 or so and people coming in have had a good selection of chairs. I’ve been here over a week and it seems to happen each day about the same time. Now if someone is coming down at 10:30am and expects a seat-probably not gonna happen for a bit. Early birds got the chairs and don’t leave the nest until 4. 😂

We passed on parks this year, just like many, many others. Just not worth the hassle. Like stated above by others, I think a lot of us just needed to get away for a bit.

The reservation system they have set up for activities is wonderful-I hope they keep it. It eliminates standing in line for a hour waiting for mini golf, pool, ping-pong, etc. Even during spring break the kids have been able to get reservations whenever they wanted, granted they maybe had to be flexible 30 mins one way or another. It made mini golf much more enjoyable as there wasn’t 200 people on the little course.

I searched this, I promise, but it's kind of a hard thing to search for... are 3 bedroom deluxes in all the towers or only specific ones? In the past we have had 2 bedrooms and been in tower 3 and I love that location. Just wondering if there is a chance we could be assigned that tower again.

Also, can anyone report on the grocery/liquor delivery these days? What service/supermarket used, and the process? Two years ago we did Safeway and they cam to the tower lobby. When we ordered beer and wine delivery it went to bell services where I showed my ID and signed for it.

It wasn’t listed on the food options when we checked in but I didn’t confirm and that was over a week ago.
Hm good point. I just assumed since they offered a menu it would be available. lol. I also googled it and it says it's open now but I know that can be unreliable.

I searched this, I promise, but it's kind of a hard thing to search for... are 3 bedroom deluxes in all the towers or only specific ones? In the past we have had 2 bedrooms and been in tower 3 and I love that location. Just wondering if there is a chance we could be assigned that tower again.

Also, can anyone report on the grocery/liquor delivery these days? What service/supermarket used, and the process? Two years ago we did Safeway and they cam to the tower lobby. When we ordered beer and wine delivery it went to bell services where I showed my ID and signed for it.
It bears repeating as this thread quite long.

1, 2 and 3 bedroom deluxe units are located in all towers. 4-bedroom presidential units also are located in all towers.

1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidential units are only located in Tower 6.

Can't help on the booze delivery....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter