• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are down to the nitty gritty here, folks. We leave Saturday for our trip! Couple of questions:

1. Do we need to bring trash bags?
2. Is there a DVD player in the unit (2 by deluxe)?
3. I know they have towels for the pool, but does anyone prefer to bring their own beach towels?

Thank you!

1. It would be a good idea to bring a couple of trash bags. They do supply you with a few cheap clear ones but depending on how much you use the kitchen you may need more.
2. There is a DVD (I'm thinking it was blu-Ray) player in the living room.
3. I would bring my own pool towels. You have to walk down to the main building and check them out. You can use them for the entire stay but if you lose one they charge $25 per towel to replace. I kept worrying my kids would lose theirs!

kept worrying my kids would lose theirs!

I was worried too .. someone took one of our towels (that we had checked out from WBC)

We told the towel attendant .. and we were given another one .. no problem.

Probably happens a lot ... all the towels are the same.

Last edited:
If anyone is there now or checking in soon, can you check on the progress of Building 6 and the pool? The renovation is supposed to be finished in November and I was wondering how far along they were. Thank you!

I'm sure it has been asked a zillion times, but how long does it take to get to the front gate of MK from WBC if you park at the TTC and take the boat or monorail? I just snagged some 8:20 reservations for breakfast, so pre rope-drop. Will allowing an hour be sufficient?

Also, in case anyone has an opinion on it - we plan to hop to Epcot later in the day - any thoughts on parking at Epcot and taking the monorail over to MK? I assume the monorail will be running by then.

We're AP holders, so general parking is free so we're not terribly interested in the valet method.

I'm sure it has been asked a zillion times, but how long does it take to get to the front gate of MK from WBC if you park at the TTC and take the boat or monorail? I just snagged some 8:20 reservations for breakfast, so pre rope-drop. Will allowing an hour be sufficient?

Also, in case anyone has an opinion on it - we plan to hop to Epcot later in the day - any thoughts on parking at Epcot and taking the monorail over to MK? I assume the monorail will be running by then.

We're AP holders, so general parking is free so we're not terribly interested in the valet method.
I think an hour will be plenty, especially for someone who knows where they're going.

I booked a last minute trip on homeaway.com in a 1bdrm condo from 11/18-11/25. I am nervous about everything being legitimate, but I am really excited to stay at this resort. This thread has been a real wealth of information, but I have a couple of questions.

1.When can I call them to verify that I am in the system and reassure myself?

2. If my family decides to take a mid day break, do we have to pay the parking fee at the theme park again?

3. What do you think our chances are of being able to get a room with a good view checking in late on a Wednesday?

Thanks!

1. You could call now and check, but it might not be put in your name yet. Try again about a week prior to your trip and it should be there.

2. The parking fees for the Disney parks are all one time per day. You can take a break or even switch parks--just keep the receipt that you get from the CM when you pay.

3. I once checked in at 11pm on a Friday night (Memorial Day weekend), and we got a perfect location for us--building 5 near the parking garage and overlooking the lazy river. So there's always a chance!

If anyone is there now or checking in soon, can you check on the progress of Building 6 and the pool? The renovation is supposed to be finished in November and I was wondering how far along they were. Thank you!

I'm also curious about this too!! Anyone have any information about when the construction is supposed to be completed? Thank you!!

I am here now, and my family and I are loving WBC! We are in Tower 2, lake view, 2 bdr deluxe. Our room was very clean, everything has worked, and we love the space it gives our family of three. It really is so close to everything and the parks are an easy drive. Tower 6 and pool are still closed. I don't really have a way of gauging their progress, but if I see someone today, I'll ask.

One thing I did wish I had brought was beach towels....not all of the pools have towels all the time. I was told by a staff member to stop by the lobby and they would give me pool towels for our stay. Planning on doing that today, since we are taking a morning off. We have done five days of rope drop to close (or close to close), and my family needs a break before they mutiny. So, I'm enjoying a cup of coffee on the balcony. We are 6 days in to our 10 day stay, and at this point we would definitely stay here again.

How close is Celebration to the resort and is there a starbucks near the resort (I know about those in the parks). Also, can we bring our own raft for the pool. My 1 year old has a very small boat she floats in and would love to use that there.

Thanks for checking on Building 6 Librarian Becky. I guess they have two weeks to get it ready for us! We are booked in a 2 Bedroom Presidential and they are only in that building. Enjoy your day off from the parks.

... is there a starbucks near the resort

IIRC ... there is a Starbucks in the Wyndham Hotel (next to Tower 6)

As per a phone call to the WBC Front Desk ~ "the pirate pool will *reopen* the end of November"

How close is Celebration to the resort and is there a starbucks near the resort (I know about those in the parks). Also, can we bring our own raft for the pool. My 1 year old has a very small boat she floats in and would love to use that there.

Well, Celebration can't be very far because we ended up there when we were lost once this week. :). It is our first time driving ourselves around, and it has been very good, but we have had a few wrong turns. I have seen others kids with their own inflatables in the pools (inner tubes and a little floaty thing with a baby seat built into it), so I think that would probably be fine.

My son and I tried out three different pools today. The pool at the main building wasn't heated, so it was a tiny bit chilly. The lazy river at the main pool seemed to be heated though. It also had a splash pad type are that small kids would like. We also did the lazy river at Tower 4, which my son preferred because it had some things spraying water throughout the river. Then, we did the pool that is just to the right of Tower 2. It has a slide, which would be fun for kids too. The mini golf course is right behind Tower 2, and we plan on playing during our morning off on Sunday.

We are heading down to WBC next week and renting a 3 bedroom deluxe for 7 days. We are checking in on Sunday, but the rest of our party will not be arriving until Tuesday night around 7:00. Will the front desk let them get a room key , or do we need to be there since the reservation is in our name? We were hoping to not have to leave the park to let them in. If they won't give them a key, I thought maybe we could leave an envelope for them at the front desk to pick up with one in it. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

We are heading down to WBC next week and renting a 3 bedroom deluxe for 7 days. We are checking in on Sunday, but the rest of our party will not be arriving until Tuesday night around 7:00. Will the front desk let them get a room key , or do we need to be there since the reservation is in our name? We were hoping to not have to leave the park to let them in. If they won't give them a key, I thought maybe we could leave an envelope for them at the front desk to pick up with one in it. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
Since you a checking in, not them, leaving them the keys sounds like the perfect solution.

We have stayed at BC several times- the way we get around the parking pass issue is- my husband stays in the car while I go check in- I go to the desk to get the parking pass and tell them that my husband isn't with me on this trip. The tell me that they need the both of us for the presentation- I get the parking pass right away with no issue!!! Really easy!!

I haven't even bothered to collect a parking pass for the last three years, no issue whatsoever. Was there in August for 21 nights and waved to the lady on the gate and every time without fail she opened the gate for us. I think she recognises us but even so you can use your room key to open gate if they don't open it automatically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter