• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

So I'm getting the jest that parking at MK is a PITA. If we have a breakfast reservation for 8:30, so 30 min before MK opens, what time should we plan on leaving bonnet creek? From the sounds of other post 6:30??

I've never stayed at WBC before (first trip in 28 days!!!), but I've gone to MK via the TTC before, and for us, it wasn't a big deal. You take a tram from the parking lot to the monorail/ferry. Ride the monorail to MK. I'm sure that things can go wrong and make that not such an easy thing, but I don't think it would normally require 2 hours to get from WBC to MK. It should take about 20 minutes to drive to MK from WBC, maybe 30 minutes from TTC to MK (and that is on the high side of average, I believe). I would probably be comfortable leaving between 7:15 and 7:30 (I like to have plenty of time). As I say, I've never been to MK from WBC, so maybe others can chime in with more experience. For me, though, parking at the TTC and taking the monorail over to MK was no big deal--certainly easier than dealing with Disney buses. JMO.

We are currently at WBC staying in tower 5. You cannot ride the monorail from the TTC to the MK for an 8:30 breakfast reservation. The monorail did not run until 9:00. They did have buses but the line was long. To be sure you'll be on time, I'd leave at 7:30.

What is everyone's favorite grocery and liquor store stop on the way from MCO to WBC? The past few trips we've taken have been to Fort Wilderness with our RV, so I'm out of practice! We used to stop at the Target Greatland when we were DVC'ers - is that still a good choice? We'll need a decent wine selection for the couple we're traveling with and a decent craft beer selection for DH and myself...so any recommendations are appreciated!

What is everyone's favorite grocery and liquor store stop on the way from MCO to WBC? The past few trips we've taken have been to Fort Wilderness with our RV, so I'm out of practice! We used to stop at the Target Greatland when we were DVC'ers - is that still a good choice? We'll need a decent wine selection for the couple we're traveling with and a decent craft beer selection for DH and myself...so any recommendations are appreciated!

We went to public for groceries. It was a few miles away from WBC. Maybe a ten minute drive door to door. Not the best publix I've ever been to but it did the job.

We like Winn Dixie on 535 just outside of DTD. There's an ABC Liquor Store in the same shopping plaza so we get out groceries at Winn Dixie and our adult beverages at ABC.

Does anyone know the best phone number for making requests?

Thanks

I used this number 407-238-3500 to confirm our reservations and was able to just have the agent note in my reservation what I would like. They don't actually take requests but will try to accommodate you if possible. We asked for a high floor with fireworks view and got Tower 5, 13th floor, with Disney Springs view. We could see Epcot fireworks off the side of our balcony. But I think we were lucky in that most of the 3 bdrm Deluxe units have a fireworks view. :)

Thanks! We don't want anything too specific, we'd like to be in either building 4 or 5 because we prefer that pool.

Thanks! We don't want anything too specific, we'd like to be in either building 4 or 5 because we prefer that pool.

Sure! We like that pool too! DD25 and I are going back to stay there for the W&D Half Marathon in a few weeks and I am not making any requests this time. We will just have a 1 Bdrm Deluxe so we could end up anywhere. :)

I discovered the pool when I got a sweet upgrade. I had booked Wyndham Cypress Palms for peanuts on SkyAuction. I woke up the first morning to a call from the front desk asking that I move my car all the way across the sizeable complex because they were resurfacing the parking lot. This would be going on for the entire week. I requested to be moved to that end of the resort but no rooms were available. I politely but firmly insisted that a room that far from my car, reeking of asphalt and surrounded by construction was unacceptable. I videoed the scene just outside my door and showed it to the manager. They moved me to Bonnet Creek and I was thrilled!

Is there a "quiet pool" at WBC? Something more adult-y for relaxing? (our upcoming trip is a grownups only trip!)

Is there a "quiet pool" at WBC? Something more adult-y for relaxing? (our upcoming trip is a grownups only trip!)
The quietest pool is likely the one in front of the wyndham grand resort. The pool in front of tower 5 and the main building pool I think are a bit more quiet than the pirate pool or the slide pool.

There are lots of pools, so if don't like the scene at one you can move on easily. It's a very compact resort.

The pirate pool was closed when we were just there, as a result of the Tower 6 refurbishment. So the pool and lazy river at Tower 5 was filled with unruly kids, spraying everyone with the water canons, holding your tube so you couldn't avoid being sprayed in the face. And Wyndham staff did nothing about it. So at least right now, I wouldn't count on that one being "quite".

Dis5150,

Do you know how long the Tower 6 will be undergoing refurbishment and how long the pool will be closed?

Dis5150,

Do you know how long the Tower 6 will be undergoing refurbishment and how long the pool will be closed?

Their website says thru November for Tower 6. They don't say if the pool will open sooner than that, sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter