The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I read a few pages back, that you can easily skip the timeshare sales people by simply not visiting the parking pass kiosk -- I just want to verify that this is still the case right now, and that I don't need the pass to park a rental vehicle in the lot. I am starting to talk to my DH about some aspects of my trip research for next year and I think this place is my top contender, but he seemed worried about the timeshare thing (we had to go to a few long, horrible timeshare presentations in the past at West Palm Beach and I think he was thinking about that when I mentioned that this resort is a timeshare). I think if I keep my eyes peeled at 60 days or less I could get a good deal on this place that would please him so I want to be able to easily ease his mind about the timeshare thing.

I read a few pages back, that you can easily skip the timeshare sales people by simply not visiting the parking pass kiosk -- I just want to verify that this is still the case right now, and that I don't need the pass to park a rental vehicle in the lot. I am starting to talk to my DH about some aspects of my trip research for next year and I think this place is my top contender, but he seemed worried about the timeshare thing (we had to go to a few long, horrible timeshare presentations in the past at West Palm Beach and I think he was thinking about that when I mentioned that this resort is a timeshare). I think if I keep my eyes peeled at 60 days or less I could get a good deal on this place that would please him so I want to be able to easily ease his mind about the timeshare thing.
Still the case, as of two weeks ago.

Thank you! I'll make sure I show him your post as evidence!
Some of the check-in employees are slicker than others about sending you over to the parking desk. We arrived at midnight- the parking desk was closed. Our check-in guy was nervous and not slick at all. He suggested we return to that desk in the morning. If I had said, "the parking thing is a scam, right?" I think he would have said, "oh yeah, big time". But his colleague in the next line over was very convincing and slick to the family checking in.

Some of the check-in employees are slicker than others about sending you over to the parking desk. We arrived at midnight- the parking desk was closed. Our check-in guy was nervous and not slick at all. He suggested we return to that desk in the morning. If I had said, "the parking thing is a scam, right?" I think he would have said, "oh yeah, big time". But his colleague in the next line over was very convincing and slick to the family checking in.

LOL. I'll be interested to see how invested our check-in person is in trying to send us over there. I'll probably just use my go-to line, "Ohhh okay, well I'll have to come back for that, my kids are going crazy after all this traveling so we'll get them settled in the room first". :P

We checked in at about 10 pm on Friday 4/20. The woman who checked me in asked if I knew my license plate number. I truly didn’t as it was a rental. She asked me to go over to the parking kiosk. I said I would when I had the info. I never went and we were fine all week. So maybe you can use that excuse- that you have to double check your info first.

Also - I laughed when I saw two me returning the disboard pay it forward box. They were at carries it all the way over to check in as opposed You bell services. They were tired. I was just smiling bc I knew where the box was from.

Also we were in tower 5 and they had a donation box for extra stuff in the lobby area. I forget where, but I believe it goes to local charities. I thought that was great. Not sure if it was mentioned here in these posts.

Does anyone know of a good overview of the buying process at Bonnet Creek? I’ve seen a few Resales at super low prices that specify color seasons. I was hoping to clarify that because some of the prices are too good to pass up.
I’ll also take any advice about purchasing/Bonnet Creek please.
Thank you!

Does anyone know of a good overview of the buying process at Bonnet Creek? I’ve seen a few Resales at super low prices that specify color seasons. I was hoping to clarify that because some of the prices are too good to pass up.
I’ll also take any advice about purchasing/Bonnet Creek please.
Thank you!

We recently acquired a couple of resale Wyndham contracts (Bonnet Creek and another one.) I would hop over to the Wyndham forums at TUG (Timeshare Users Group) and read and ask as much as possible - tons and tons of information over there. As you probably know, you want to go into ownership with eyes wide open and understand all of the different varieties of ownership. Resale is cheap (or even free or nearly free), but you are married to the maintenance fees for as long as you own it so you definitely want to know what you're committing to - so good that you're asking! Lots to know about resort choices and maintenance fees, so do a lot of homework before jumping in, even if you find a freebie.

Yeah we have been skipping the “parking pass” for a while. The last time I was there they called it a “Welcome Packet”. As soon as your registration is done they tell you to go see the parking desk. Tell them ok and just walk out. Been doing it for a long time.

@MarBee Go the resale route for sure. You can get Wyndham properties for pennies compared to buying them from Wyndham directly. Go to TUG like was suggested and begin reading for two weeks before you do anything.

Just looked up listings on VRBO. If we book there, is the unit specific to that property manager or does the resort assign units? I'm surprised by the price and kinda wonder how nice the unit is.

Just looked up listings on VRBO. If we book there, is the unit specific to that property manager or does the resort assign units? I'm surprised by the price and kinda wonder how nice the unit is.

I think the resort assigns all units if I'm not mistaken. I don't think anyone owns actual units. You just buy and trade points. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The units are very nice as is the whole property. We have been staying there for 5 years now. I also look around for somewhere different to book just to try new things but always end up coming back to Bonnet Creek. Can't beat the price to essentially be on Disney Property without actually being on Disney Property.

I think the resort assigns all units if I'm not mistaken. I don't think anyone owns actual units. You just buy and trade points. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The units are very nice as is the whole property. We have been staying there for 5 years now. I also look around for somewhere different to book just to try new things but always end up coming back to Bonnet Creek. Can't beat the price to essentially be on Disney Property without actually being on Disney Property.

So do I just book right on VRBO and the resort will get my reservation?

My DD has a sorority sister from Tampa that will be coming to stay with us one night at our condo. Will we be able to get two parking passes?

My DD has a sorority sister from Tampa that will be coming to stay with us one night at our condo. Will we be able to get two parking passes?

You don't need any parking passes at all, that's the somewhat questionable technique they use to try to con you into stopping at the timeshare sales desk. Your room key will work for entry into the Wyndham complex (either swipe your key or show it to the parking kiosk attendant) and also let you out of the deck at Tower Six if that is where your unit is located. You can bring an unlimited number of vehicles as far as I am aware.

So do I just book right on VRBO and the resort will get my reservation?

Whomever you use to book with (either a Megarenter or an individual) will call into the resort a week or two before your stay to make the reservation and attach your name to the checkin. So what you are really doing when you book is "reserving" those points to be applied to your booking when the time comes.

We are in the process of booking two 3-bedroom presidential suites for our first stay at bonnet creek. I think I read back on an old thread that 3-bedroom presidential units are in Building 6. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I would love to be in the same building as the other family we are travelling with. Thanks!

I am having a hard time finding a decent rental for Sept 8thru 15th. Is it too early for deals and listings to come out without paying over 1k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter