• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been enticed by reading this thread! Can someone help me. I've bid on a 4BR/4BA presidental for 6 nights in August...the owner can countered with $1025 for the week. Is that good for the presidential?

We just booked a 2 bedroom for August 28-September 4 for $600!:cool1:
I am so excited! Thank you to all of the people who contribute to this thread!

Can you tell me who you booked through? I'm hoping to get those dates too, but in a bigger place.

So I've been enticed by reading this thread! Can someone help me. I've bid on a 4BR/4BA presidental for 6 nights in August...the owner can countered with $1025 for the week. Is that good for the presidential?

IMO, that would be an excellent price. 4 bedrooms are very nice and extremely hard to come by. That is only $175.00 a night for up to 12 people, great deal.

Vettechick99 -

Just wanted to thank you for this thread. We are in the process of booking with Ken Price and really looking forward to staying at Bonnet Creek. If you hadn't started this thread I never would have heard of the place!

:cool1:

We will be going the first week of June 2011. Not sure if that is "prime" season or not.

I know I am thinking about this ***way*** early.... just trying to work out a tentative budget, so I can convince dh that we simply HAVE to return next year. :cool1:

At BC, there are three seasons: Value, High, and Prime.

According to the Member's Directory, the first week of June 2011 straddles the high and prime seasons, depending on your check-in day. If you check-in on Friday, June 3 and check-out on Friday, June 10, it would fall within week #22 which is in the "high" season. But, if you check-in on Saturday, June 4 or on Sunday June 5, 2011, then it would be week #23, which is in "prime" season. The weekly rate for a 2-BR deluxe in "prime" season (224k pts.) would be higher than in "high" season (189k pts.).

IMO, that would be an excellent price. 4 bedrooms are very nice and extremely hard to come by. That is only $175.00 a night for up to 12 people, great deal.

Not all Presidential are 4 bedrooms. There are 2's (and maybe 3's - not sure on that). Even if it's a 2 bedroom for the Presidential unit that is a good price.

With the new tower, there are now Presidential units at all sizes: 1, 2, 3, and 4 BR. They don't appear to all be held in Presidential Reserve, either:

Check-In Nights Unit Type Details Points Discount
02/26/2011 7 1 Bedroom Presidential 224,000 N/A
02/26/2011 7 2 Bedroom Presidential 308,000 N/A
02/26/2011 7 3 Bedroom Presidential 385,000 N/A
02/26/2011 7 4 Bedroom Presidential 424,000 N/A

Wow, a 4bed Presidential for that price would be awesome! I want to stay in one someday.

Vettechick99 -

Just wanted to thank you for this thread. We are in the process of booking with Ken Price and really looking forward to staying at Bonnet Creek. If you hadn't started this thread I never would have heard of the place!

:cool1:

You're welcome! And thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread. They are a wealth of information!

Can you tell me who you booked through? I'm hoping to get those dates too, but in a bigger place.

Our 2 bedroom is a Presidential in building 6 for August 28 through September 4th for $600. I went through Redweek. I searched to see who had put up either the week I wanted or had flexible dates listed. I contacted a few people and two people got back to me with great offers.

We have booked two different time periods and with two different owners through Redweek and gotten great deals--the second week we've booked is December 24 to December 31 in a 2 bedroom for $1,000.

How long does it usually take to hear back from Ken? I sent an email June 27 and got an automated response the same day. But haven't heard anything else. We're not going until mid June 2011, so I figure that we're not a hgh priority. :goodvibes But, I am wondering if my email got lost or something. :confused3

After reading this thread, we are so excited to stay there!

How long does it usually take to hear back from Ken? I sent an email June 27 and got an automated response the same day. But haven't heard anything else. We're not going until mid June 2011, so I figure that we're not a hgh priority. :goodvibes But, I am wondering if my email got lost or something. :confused3

After reading this thread, we are so excited to stay there!

Send him a reminder email. I'm sure he has you on the books to call, but it can't hurt. Sounds like he's been very busy with us contacting him! :thumbsup2

Just booked a room with Ken - he was great to work with.

Just wondering - how is BC with early check in?

We will arrive by about 11am and I would like to check in at that time if possible.

If early check in does not work, do they have a secure place to store luggage?

I am staying at BC this OCt with hubby and 4 boys. We have stayed onsite 3 times before (YC, WL, Poly). Am looking forward to the extra space with BC but in the pictures it looks a little generic. Definitely missing the Disney theming. Does anyone know how to go about ordering balloon bouquets or other "Disney" type decorations and if they can be in the room at check in?
party:

I cant help you with the balloon question but can offer advice on the generic part.
We took our grandson on his first Disney trip in 2009 and stayed offsite at a condo. To help make it a real Disney experience, we brought lots of Disney "stuff" for around the room. EBAy and Dollar Tree were both great sources. Soaps, magic towels, and DIsney blankets (bought at Disney online) all added to the fun. I lived and breathed Disney for 6 months, always looking for the little things that we could leave around the condo to make it more Disney. Nightlights, puzzles, pencils, stickers, books, tshirts, trading pins, etc etc etc.
We were fortunate that we checked in prior to picking them up at the airport so that did makeit easier, but I am sure you could figure a way.
(we had originally thought about leaving a box at the desk addressed to our grandson from Mickey but decided against it)
Good luck~

Am looking forward to the extra space with BC but in the pictures it looks a little generic. Definitely missing the Disney theming.
Our onsite stays have been mostly at OKW, but the "Disney" theming it has is pretty subtle in comparison to the view of Spaceship Earth smack out our sliding glass doors at Bonnet Creek. And, Stacy's Must Sees are on the BC resort TVs.

My experience is that my kids don't care nearly so much about all the Mickey shaped soaps and knick-knacks as their parents do. ;)

I am staying at BC this OCt with hubby and 4 boys. We have stayed onsite 3 times before (YC, WL, Poly). Am looking forward to the extra space with BC but in the pictures it looks a little generic. Definitely missing the Disney theming. Does anyone know how to go about ordering balloon bouquets or other "Disney" type decorations and if they can be in the room at check in?
party:

This is what it says in the Bonnet Creek Activity Guide:

Balloon Bouquets
For all occasions delivered to your door. Payment can be made at the Activities Center (24-hour notice requested for delivery.) Delivery available
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please call Ext. 3523. $10-$22

Just booked a room with Ken - he was great to work with.

Just wondering - how is BC with early check in?

We will arrive by about 11am and I would like to check in at that time if possible.

If early check in does not work, do they have a secure place to store luggage?

This is not just my experience at Bonnet Creek, but at all Wyndham resorts. They will check you in when your room is ready. If it is ready at 11, they will check you in. Otherwise, you wait until it is ready. FYI-VIP Gold and Platinum owners get early check-in WHEN AVAILABLE at 2 pm. You may luck out and get early check-in, but it's not the norm.

Don't know if anyone else is in this boat, but I thought I'd mention it. We decided on BC and are booked there. So I got around to buying the Disney tickets just today. I am traveling with two adults and five kids (8,6,3,3, and 1). So hear this, it was CHEAPER for me to book two connecting rooms at Pop Century with 5 day hoppers than it was to just buy the tickets outright. It was under the 'kids ages 3-9 play free deal'. So I've got my Bonnet Creek room, two rooms at POP, EMHs and free parking plus 200 arcade coins and I SAVED $200 over buying the tickets alone. How cool is that? If anyone else is traveling with lots of little ones, you might check it out! My husband thinks I'm nuts:cool1:

Don't know if anyone else is in this boat, but I thought I'd mention it. We decided on BC and are booked there. So I got around to buying the Disney tickets just today. I am traveling with two adults and five kids (8,6,3,3, and 1). So hear this, it was CHEAPER for me to book two connecting rooms at Pop Century with 5 day hoppers than it was to just buy the tickets outright. It was under the 'kids ages 3-9 play free deal'. So I've got my Bonnet Creek room, two rooms at POP, EMHs and free parking plus 200 arcade coins and I SAVED $200 over buying the tickets alone. How cool is that? If anyone else is traveling with lots of little ones, you might check it out! My husband thinks I'm nuts:cool1:

Nice Strategy. Back when free dining first came out (dessert, appitizer, and the tip was included in basic plan and you didn't have to purchase tickets), we stayed at BC and had a room at POP for four adults (my parents came with us), and paid OOP for the 2 kids to eat. Gotta love it when you can work out a great deal.

We loooove Bonnet Creek too! We bought a cheapie cheapie Wyndham contract off of Ebay for $700 and we use it to get 2 bedroom units at Bonnet Creek. We're thinking about selling the DVC because we like Bonnet Creek so much better...can't wait until our next trip to BC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter