• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone answer just a few questions for me please... Sorry, I've tried to read all the posts but I'm new at this! :)
My family normally stays deluxe and I'm kind of leery about the timeshare thing. Usually I stay Boardwalk villas and go directly through disney reservations....The price is just outrageous now...
1)When you book with Ken how does that work? Do you get normal confirmation on your reservations? Do you know before leaving what you are getting as far as view?
2)If you book through the Hilton website is that with maid service or just like if you book through Ken with no maid service? If there an option?
3)Parking fee-I'm looking at the Waldorf of Wyndham
Sorry so many questions...I'm usually just a 'viewer' on the forum but these prices look just soooo good, I have to ask!
Thanking you in advance... all of you on this board are so great!! :cool1:

OK first of all you are actually talking about 3 different properties.

This thread, for the most part is about Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is a time share with full kitchens, washer/dryers, and 1-4 Bedroom units. There are several swimming pools, mini golf, and many scheduled activities like ice socials. This is what people are renting from Ken Price and Ebay. Parking is free at this location. Ken is wonderful. He makes the reservation for you, he sends you a contract, you pay him, and he sends you your confirmation. Yes, it does require some trust, but Ken has truly proven himself worthy. He will make your view request, but they are not guaranteed.

The Hilton property and the Waldorf property (read 2 other hotels entirely) are lovely, they are great values for the true deluxes that they are. As deluxes, they have full maid service and I believe they do charge for parking.

Does anyone know if the shuttle goes to the waterparks? My husband may take the car fishing and I want to know if i will be stuck at the resort or not. Thanks

On my last stay at BC (Aug '08), the shuttle did NOT go to the waterparks. There were three shuttles, one goes to Magic Kingdom/Epcot, a second one goes to Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom and a third one goes to Downtown Disney. Now, as I said, this was in Aug 2008, but I doubt that they go to the waterparks. BTW, if you have your car, there are no parking fees at the waterparks.

What are the times for check in & check out? Thank you!

Shelli

The granite countertops in the kitchen in Samil's pictures are beautiful. Was this a presidential 1 bedroom unit or just a unit that has been upgraded to granite countertops?

It was just a regular unit. I can only imagine what the presidential units look like!

Does BC have any 3 bed/ 3 bath units? We really want that 3rd bathroom....

There are some 3-bedroom units but they are very few and hard to get. There are only one or two 3-BR units on each floor. The majority of the units are 2-bedrooms.

You can do better than $120 a night (perhaps excluding Thanksgiving week)

I would be shooting for $80-$100 a night for a 2 bedroom during this time. To get a rate like that, you will have to wait until the 60 days out mark and shop around.

A good place to start is on eBay. You can see there what Bonnet Creek rents for and when.

Does anyone know what the availability is like during November? I tend to be kinda OCD in the planning department, so waiting until 60 days out will be stressful!:scared1:

Does anyone know what the availability is like during November? I tend to be kinda OCD in the planning department, so waiting until 60 days out will be stressful!:scared1:

Get in touch with Ken Price now and see what he says. I'm the same way about planning. I'm going in August and want a 2 bedroom. Ken's been in touch every few weeks letting me know that there's still plenty of availablity. It's hugely reassuring to know that he's seeing that there's still lots of rooms. He wants you to get the best price and that's within 60 days. If he thinks there's a risk of being sold out, he'll tell you.

I book in about 10 days :cool1:

Get in touch with Ken Price now and see what he says. I'm the same way about planning. I'm going in August and want a 2 bedroom. Ken's been in touch every few weeks letting me know that there's still plenty of availablity. It's hugely reassuring to know that he's seeing that there's still lots of rooms. He wants you to get the best price and that's within 60 days. If he thinks there's a risk of being sold out, he'll tell you.

I book in about 10 days :cool1:

Thanks for this info, scubamouse. I, too, am nervous about waiting to book until 60 days out. I haven't contacted Ken yet, but he sounds like an amazing person!

Shelli

I am new to this thread, but from what I have read so far, I am almost sold on going to BC. This place sounds awesome and I would love the extra space it has to offer. We usually do value resort at WDW.

I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

How do you pay Ken?

Can 7 people rent a 2 bedroom unit (5 adults and 2 teenagers)?

What would be the cheapest way to get to/from MCO to BC without renting a car, as we are just doing Disney stuff, we will just use the shuttles to get back and forth from the parks?

Also, the only thing really holding me back from staying here and staying onsite, is the EMH. We have never done them before. For those of you who have, do you miss them?

Thanks so much in advance for your responses.
:thumbsup2

It was just a regular unit. I can only imagine what the presidential units look like!

I noticed those countertops, too. Were you in the new building?

Are any VIPS having luck getting into the new building? I have 12 nights booked for the end of July and keep getting emails about the new building being ready for bookings. I was just wondering if I should still ask for the view I had planned on or shoot for the new building. It's always nice to be on the of first guests in a unit. :)

ETA: I am a Gold vip at Bonnet Creek (home resort), but I am not sure if that matters anymore as far as views/special requests are concerned.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Bonnet Creek doesn't not have cold storage for your food until your room is ready, is this correct? Will they store anything? I'm thinking that our cooler would be better in Air conditioning than in a hot car for the day. Thank- you.:hippie:

Anybody???? :confused3

I noticed those countertops, too. Were you in the new building?

It was building 1, actually. I was (pleasantly) surprised by the countertops. Apparently they were added when Building 1 was updated.

I wasn't sure how I felt about staying in the oldest (build in 2004) building, but the room was beautiful and the location was great. We could walk out the back door of the building and turn right and the playground was right there. Go to the left and the main pool and activities area are right next door. It's the perfect location for families with small kids. Next time we go with DS we'll most likely request Building 1.

When we have older kids we might give one of the buildings near the pirate area a try.

Here's a link with some more info (a little about the update under "Rooms"):

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/wyndhamvr-bonnet-creek-resort/

How do you pay Ken?

I haven't used him (we have a Wyndham contract) but I think I remember someone saying that he will use paypal, but prefers a check.

Everyone speaks (or writes, I guess) very highly of him. If we ever find ourselves wanting to book when we've use all our points he'll be the first person we check with.

Can 7 people rent a 2 bedroom unit (5 adults and 2 teenagers)?

The Wyndham directory says maximum occupancy for a 2 bedroom is 8 (6 priv.) So it's allowed, if that's what you mean. Comfort probably depends on personal preference and how much you like the people you are staying with. (I know a few people that I wouldn't even want to share the 4 bedroom pres. with ;) )If it helps, the two bedrooms are about 1,250 sq ft. Here's a floor plan:

2br.gif

What would be the cheapest way to get to/from MCO to BC without renting a car, as we are just doing Disney stuff, we will just use the shuttles to get back and forth from the parks?

I would think a cab or town car. Seems like that's what people did most often before ME.

Also, the only thing really holding me back from staying here and staying onsite, is the EMH. We have never done them before. For those of you who have, do you miss them?

That's a tough one. No EMH are the biggest drawback in my opinion. It seems like each park is like a completely different place during EMH (evening anyway, we've never made it to a rope drop in our lives). Characters are more accessible, lines are shorter. We've actually toyed with the idea of getting a value room with an AP discount for one night just so we can get EMH at our two favorite parks. (Is that cheating?)

That said, before we stayed on site we didn't know what we were missing with EMH and we had a great time. If you're going during October (looks like you are from the counter in your signature) you might be just as happy with MNSSHP. We are doing that during our September trip. We're staying at Bonnet Creek and then planning on doing the party one night. Five extra hours of MK park time will be just as good as EMH, as far as I'm concerned.

Others can probably be more helpful with that question. But either way you'll be in WDW! So it's a win-win situation!:thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the floor plan, SamiL. I've been wondering about the layout of the 2 bedroom units.

Well, I took the plunge and sent an email to Ken Price today about booking a trip in early October. Hopefully he'll have good news for me! I'll keep you all posted.

:banana: Shelli :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter