The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading all of your posts is making me EXCITED! :cool1:
We arrive next week. I'm not sure which tower to request anymore. It is between 3 (where we stayed last time and had a lake view w/Epcot firework view or Bldg. 5. I love the views.

if your presidential is in tower 6, there are no fireworks views within this tower unless you can "convince" someone to let you in the Presidential Reserve Lounge on floor 17....

do not know about other towers/buildings with respect to fireworks views for 4 bedroom presidential, there might be some...

we were just staying in Tower 6 and could see the fireworks from our balcony. The rooms at the end of the hall had a direct fireworks view. Ours was a look to the left fireworks view. LOL Good enough for the kids though. :)

Does BC decorate for Christmas?

We were there for Christmas a couple of years ago. I know that there were no decorations in the actual unit, but I can't remember regarding the public areas. I want to say yes, but I'm not sure.

ETA: I do remember that our neighbors had brought lights to decorate the balcony, and I think they had a small Christmas tree as well so you could easily do a little yourself if you wished. :)

What can we expect to pay for 4 night 3 bedroom rental in early August. Trying to budget for trip with 4 teens...need the space and baths:)

I have seen several posts where people mention that the karaoke nights are very loud and the sound travels far. Is it so loud that you can hear it in your room? Where do these events take place? I am just wondering because my son goes to be pretty early and I am wondering if I should be concerned about it and request a room that doesn't face the lake or if it isn't actually that big of a deal. Thanks! :)

I wouldn't worry about the karaoke unless you are on a low floor right next to the pool. It IS loud. We were on the 8th floor, corner room overlooking the pool between 2/3. It was torturous on the balcony, but you couldn't hear it inside. Thank goodness.

I wouldn't worry about the karaoke unless you are on a low floor right next to the pool. It IS loud. We were on the 8th floor, corner room overlooking the pool between 2/3. It was torturous on the balcony, but you couldn't hear it inside. Thank goodness.

Thanks! I had a feeling it probably wasn't worth too much worry, but no one wants to be tired on vacation because little ones can't sleep! :thumbsup2

I have a random question. Since there is no housekeeping, what do we do with our trash? I have a little one in diapers, and I don't want those sitting around the condo for a week!

I have a random question. Since there is no housekeeping, what do we do with our trash? I have a little one in diapers, and I don't want those sitting around the condo for a week!

Each floor has a trash room and you put it in there. They provide trash bags but with a little one in diapers you might want to take extras. Have a great trip.

Here is another observation from our stay at WBC.

We have stayed in tons of rental condos. When we got to our condo in WBC, I was a little surprised at first because it was different from any we have stayed in before in that it was set up more like a very large hotel suite of rooms. The hallways are like what you would find in a hotel, there is an ice machine at the end of each hallway next to the trash chute room. It FELT more like a hotel than a condo building. I don't see this at all as a negative, just different.

And, when checking out of any other condo, we've always been provided with a list of things we must do prior to checking out (such as): run the dish washer, bag & remove all the trash, place all towels in the washing machine, etc.

NOT the case at WBC! I called at checkout to ask what we were responsible for doing and was told, "Absolutely nothing :) Treat it as you would a hotel room, pack your things and check out!" That was a nice surprise. :banana:

Here is another observation from our stay at WBC.

We have stayed in tons of rental condos. When we got to our condo in WBC, I was a little surprised at first because it was different from any we have stayed in before in that it was set up more like a very large hotel suite of rooms. The hallways are like what you would find in a hotel, there is an ice machine at the end of each hallway next to the trash chute room. It FELT more like a hotel than a condo building. I don't see this at all as a negative, just different.

And, when checking out of any other condo, we've always been provided with a list of things we must do prior to checking out (such as): run the dish washer, bag & remove all the trash, place all towels in the washing machine, etc.

NOT the case at WBC! I called at checkout to ask what we were responsible for doing and was told, "Absolutely nothing :) Treat it as you would a hotel room, pack your things and check out!" That was a nice surprise. :banana:

I know when I went in November 2009 I was given the list of things to do (Run dishwasher. Towels in washer, remove trash)... but when I went in March this year that list was no longer required.

I noticed there were other changes too... like in 2009 we were allowed to swim (or enjoy the hottub) after midnight, whereas in March the midnight closing time was in effect.

My guess is that since the resort is so popular with renters instead of time-share owners (exchange or Wyndham), they ran into problems with people not familiar with timeshare not understanding the difference and the responsibilities the guest normally has. Considering one of the leading complaints you see on reviews (beyond the sales pressure) is the lack of housekeeping, this would make some sense.

I agree. While I've never had an issue with the minor things I've had to do in houses and/or condos, it was nice not to have to worry about any of it. :)

We are first time renters, so I have no idea what to expect. I was hoping that someone could explain the protocoal as to what and when I should expect to hear from the owner. We are about 56 days away. So far what I have is an invoice and another document with a certificate # on it. I realize the rental agreement is still in the owner's name, so also wondering when that transfers over to my name. I know I have read about this somewhere in this huge thread, just can't seem to find it. Thanks!

You should receive also a guest certificate from the owner which actually has your name saying you are staying there. I believe if you dont have it at checkin they charge you a fee for it..

Can someone give me an idea of a price for a 3 and 4 bedroom? We will probably travel in October or November (in 2013...lol....so I know the prices are subject to change!)

How many of you call prior to your arrival to make a room/building request?

I think last time I asked the owner to put in a request, and then I followed up once I got there. We didn't get the building we wanted, but we did get a nice fireworks view.

We are arriving in about 8 days and I'm wondering if it really helps to call ahead to request a building or will it just depend on what is available when we check-in.

What do you do? THANKS!

How many of you call prior to your arrival to make a room/building request?

I think last time I asked the owner to put in a request, and then I followed up once I got there. We didn't get the building we wanted, but we did get a nice fireworks view.

We are arriving in about 8 days and I'm wondering if it really helps to call ahead to request a building or will it just depend on what is available when we check-in.

What do you do? THANKS!
Hey...it couldn't hurt! Give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter