The WDW app is terrific. Down at 7am again 10/9

Did it go back down again? I was trying to place a mobile breakfast order and it crashed, i can reload the app now but can’t do anything, it just spins and spins if i try to access tip board, my day, or do mobile ordering.

Not surprised. The Disney website has been poor since its inception in the 1990’s. My giess that part of the problem is they don’t pay that well. If you go to their jobs site there are almost always dozens of IT jobs available.

I had get a job offer to work in Imagineering. He had a PhD in electrical engineering and a masters in mathematics. The pay to work in Los Angeles was no more than his offer from where we worked in Maryland. He moved to Maryland.

Hmm, seeing all these mornings the app has been down I'm reconsidering getting Genie+ when we are there. I was only going to do it on our Hollywood Studies and Epcot days. Now wondering if it will be worth the hassle.

Hmm, seeing all these mornings the app has been down I'm reconsidering getting Genie+ when we are there. I was only going to do it on our Hollywood Studies and Epcot days. Now wondering if it will be worth the hassle.
It’s up to you but many find G+ is not needed at Epcot but totally your choice.

For DHS I’d wait until close to your trip and monitor it daily. It’s been glitchy for the past couple of week but worked well for many months before that.

Our Disney Files DVC magazine mentioned that due to member/guest feedback, a ‘wish’ is soon to be granted with the ability to pre-book Genie+ and ILLs, and the option not be tied to our phones during a trip.

Makes me wonder if testing is somehow affecting the system lately?

They did not give a date for when changes are expected. My guess is it won’t be until sometime in 2024.

Actually I had these problems in both late 2021 and 2022. Back then I blamed myself, my phones, whether I was on wifi or my own connection. In 2021 the concierge at our resort gave me my money back for the day and an open ll for 1 or 2 rides for the day, but in 2022 when it happened they helped me just get the one ride one day but the other day it happened in 2022 they didn't do anything to resolve it.

I have even had problems getting the VQs to load.

In 2021 I was a superstar with ROTR and got a VQ every single time I tried. In 2022 I couldn't get a single VQ, not once out of 8 days of trying so I just bought ILLs.

This has been an onoing problem, but I think many of us didn't waste our time posting because we didn't know there were others.

Man this would be frustrating. Many (myself included) already loathe the idea of having to be on the app at 7am with G+, and now it's not working right away? It's my #1 issue with G+ right now. It was PAINFUL waking each morning to book G+, and on top of that sometimes you had to wait a while until your first rides time window was where you wanted it.

Our Disney Files DVC magazine mentioned that due to member/guest feedback, a ‘wish’ is soon to be granted with the ability to pre-book Genie+ and ILLs, and the option not be tied to our phones during a trip.

Makes me wonder if testing is somehow affecting the system lately?

They did not give a date for when changes are expected. My guess is it won’t be until sometime in 2024.

It's true. Iger mentioned that they will allow some level of prebooking rides in 2024. This will be VERY welcome. Even if it's just one attraction it will greatly help with being able to sleep-in in the morning if needed.

We got Genie+ yesterday for Epcot. Even with the app being super slow and glitchy until around 9:30am it was worth it for my family. We only get to come every 3-4 years so it was a no brainer to budget the money for genie + everyday. We did every major ride aside from frozen on a very busy day. And today at Hollywood Studios with wait times at 80+ minutes we have rode tower of terror at rope drop. 8:30 slinky dog lightning lane. Then grabbed lightning lanes for run away railways for 11am. Wait times for it was already 70 minutes and we walked on in less than 5 minutes. Then was able to get on rock in roller coaster and then get lightning lanes for smugglers run this evening(right now a 85min wait) and Toy Story mania tonight at 6:30. So it was an easy but good choice for us.

Not surprised. The Disney website has been poor since its inception in the 1990’s. My giess that part of the problem is they don’t pay that well. If you go to their jobs site there are almost always dozens of IT jobs available.

I had get a job offer to work in Imagineering. He had a PhD in electrical engineering and a masters in mathematics. The pay to work in Los Angeles was no more than his offer from where we worked in Maryland. He moved to Maryland.
My brother works in IT. He said Disney is well known for paying **** for it’s IT workers and is thus unable to recruit talent. They try to survive on the “working for Disney is great!” model in lieu of actually paying well, but it doesn’t work that well.

They do need to nuke standby skipper and the other third party apps. It’s the equivalent of allowing a DDOS attack. These apps must be constantly pounding Disney to try to grab lightning lanes as soon as they appear.
These apps prove, though, that Disney could do something like this itself if it wanted to make things easier for guests.

Every single time I've been at WDW this year (March, May, and July), I've had the same experience with G+ being down at 7 a.m. at least once per trip. It's a plan killer. And when you're paying $30 or more for G+ you hardly want your plans killed. And GET won't help you. Ask me how I know.

The crowd levels are high right now, correct? That playing a part? SSkipper still going? Forgot about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter