The Wave or Whispering Canyon?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
Four of us... 2 kids aged 7 and 17. Two adults.

I've never been to the wave. I thought Whispering canyon was fun but I haven't been for AGES. Are the portions still large?

I think the antics at WCC would be fun and Disney-like.

The wave is a place I've wanted to try for a while but photos are showing smaller portions on their plates?
What's special about the wave?

We'll be in MK on the day we go...

WCC was fun the last time we were there (December). Folks say it's not as crazy as it was in the past. We did breakfast and it was AYCE and a ton of food.

Everyone raves about The Wave and how it's a hidden gem. We're headed there in a week or so. Can't wait to try it!

So I hate the food at WCC. I think its the worst barbecue I've ever had. The manager even refunded everyone at our table and we never complained or commented. But no one ate anything after the first bite or two. Greasy, and fatty, and gross. I love the Wave. I love the Wave most at breakfast though. They have a wonderful buffet. I do like Trail's End at the Wilderness Campgrounds.

We have been to The Wave, twice, and disliked it both times. Everything tasted like Chef Boyardee and boxed crap. Ew.

WCC isn't my fave, either, but the atmosphere is more fun, as is the view. It doesn't feel like it's in the neighborhood Marriott.

The Wave did NOT taste like boxed Chef Boyardee food in February. We had steaks and it was delicious and one of our favorite meals (we liked it better than Narcoossee's). There is ZERO theming. It's not very exciting decor. But we had GREAT food and GREAT service.

Here are some pics from our recent trip to the Wave. We left FULL. The portions were sizeable. Plenty for my husband and me.

441.JPG 446.JPG 447.JPG

The Wave was a newly discovered favorite of ours on our trip in December, and we eat at many of the signatures. Food was creative and fresh and not comparatively expensive.

Thank you for sharing the photos!!!! Looks great....

The "bacon and egg" app was better than almost any appetizer from a signature restaurant I've ever had. I wasn't crazy about the desserts...but I didn't love any of the desserts in Disney on my last trip.

I've only been to the Wave for breakfast but it's always good. WCC's food is surprisingly good, imo, and if you don't mind the noise it's a great place for dinner. I had the citrus-glazed rainbow trout most recently and it was outstanding. Our food arrived right before they wanted everybody to get up and do the hokey pokey or something and I chose to stay seated and enjoy my dinner while it was still hot. The ladies at the table next to us also stayed seated, as they were all on their phones. Our server yelled at them to get up and one of them yelled right back, "No! We're busy!" lol

Not the popular opinion here, but my mom and I LOVE WCC. We've never had a single bad experience there, and we've been 5 times in the past two years. Our favorite are the breakfast and dinner skillets. All you care to enjoy skillets full of yummy, down home food and all the cornbread you want. I don't know if the two restaurants are really comparable! That being said, I've never eaten at Wave so I can't speak for it. Something else to consider are the "antics" at WCC. I find them funny and charming but you've definitely got to be in the mood for all the craziness!

I am a huge fan of The Wave, it is my favorite restaurant in WDW. I have only ever had breakfast at WCC - it was okay and I haven't felt the need to return. (Disclaimer: I am originally from Texas so I am picky about my barbecue.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter