The Wave and early entry MK day-possible?

NEMouse

Earning My Ears
We have 7:45 ADR at The Wave when MK ’opens’ at 9 am. Will we be able to be at MK at 8:30? We are staying on property but at another resort. I thought this ADR would be a less stressful way to get an early start without worrying about the bus or denied entry at CR for QS. We will Uber to the resort for 7:30 arrival. I am trying for an official 7:30 reservation but no luck yet.

Any opinions or suggestions for my plan? Thanks!!

The Wave opens at 7:30, so I would Uber and be at the Contemporary by 7:20 and be waiting for when they open. They start processing the "I am here" folks right away.

Also: know exactly what you want so you can put your order in immediately. The service can be a little slow at times, so if you order food and drinks right away, it will get your order in ahead of others who are browsing the menu.

Just keep in mind it may not work out, and go with the flow. The last time we ate at the Wave (a few months ago), we walked in at 7:15 to check in. They were running late (and told us at that time). We weren't seated until 7:40, it took a few minutes for our server to make it to our table. We ordered right away, got our food a little after 8, and asked for the check when our food arrived. We didn't leave the restaurant until around 8:20, at which time we had to join the line of people walking to MK - there was one temp check tent (with 2 sides), but it still took us about 10 minutes to get through it. We still got into Magic Kingdom a little before 9, but no way we would have made it for 8:30. I'm not saying that will be your experience, but you may hit a few bumps with the timing. I will say the breakfast was very tasty!

ETA: It's funny timing for this thread for me. Yesterday my husband and I were planning our next trip. My favorite place to have breakfast to make a park open by walking is Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk to get to HS. So when I said I wanted to do a breakfast again that's what I was thinking of, but my husband immediately - without skipping a beat - said "We're are not doing the wave again." That was definitely a stressful morning for us (we like to be ahead of the pack at park open which is why we tried the wave), but I hope our experience was outside the norm and your morning getting to MK goes flawlessly!

Last edited:

We are in the exact same situation with the exact same ADR. Thanks for starting this thread, the responses are helpful!

ETA: It's funny timing for this thread for me. Yesterday my husband and I were planning our next trip. My favorite place to have breakfast to make a park open by walking is Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk to get to HS. So when I said I wanted to do a breakfast again that's what I was thinking of, but my husband immediately - without skipping a beat - said "We're are not doing the wave again." That was definitely a stressful morning for us (we like to be ahead of the pack at park open which is why we tried the wave), but I hope our experience was outside the norm and your morning getting to MK goes flawlessly!
[/QUOTE]

I planned HS with Trattoria al Forno, glad to see that works out! At least there a 7:40 should be okay with a walk to HS and 10:00 opening👍

I planned HS with Trattoria al Forno, glad to see that works out! At least there a 7:40 should be okay with a walk to HS and 10:00 opening👍
[/QUOTE]

Have fun! That one worked out flawlessly for us and we were some of the first into the park - which was great. And they were my second favorite breakfast after Boma. The atmosphere was nice on the boardwalk first thing, and they sent us away with 2 large to-go mugs of coffee. We were stuffed though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter