The Void - minimum age requirement

yaya74

DIS Veteran
Has anyone's child, who is not yet 10 years old, done the Void at Disney Springs?
My son who is currently 8 is 50 inches tall. We are going to WDW next summer, so a year from now. He will be 9 and be a couple inches taller.
I really want to try the Void but worry that my son won't be able to get in due to his age.
We have Oculus at home and he plays it with no problem.
The website stated "guests under 10 years old MIGHT NOT be allowed entrance to the Void".
So should I read it as sometimes children under 10 years can still experience it??
Due to the popularity of this place, I think tickets need to be purchased in advanced.
Should I get buy the tickets first. If my son is not allowed to experience it, I will just ask for refund?

TIA

I have no idea if the 10 years is a hard and fast rule or a suggestion but the vest and helmet we had to wear were VERY heavy. Just fyi.

Thank you. Just found out there is a Void location near by where I live. Might stop by and find out.

My daughter was 9 last year when we did it. About 7 minutes from the end, she wanted to leave, so we took off our gear and left. I couldn't get a clear answer as to why she wanted to leave. It was still worth it. Such a great experience. When we went, we were able to walk up, buy tickets and enter within 15 minutes. I'm not sure how it is now.

Usually age restrictions mean they are strict because of insurance reasons.

The gear is quite a bit heavier than an oculus, although probably manageable. It's a full helmet, and a vest that holds the hardware.

My entire family did it, including my daughter who had literally just turned 7***. As previously stated, it’s 100% just to make sure the can carry the gear around, It’s heavy but not bad. We did the wreck it Ralph and went back the next day for Star Wars. Absolutely incredible experience.

Last edited:

I was told at one of the Void locations the age rule is recommended but not always necessary or hard enforced. As long as you are the proper height and can wear and maintain the gear you can participate. I cant speak for the Orlando location though.

I do. My daughter is 48ish inches. Honestly , I think the age is more about what a child is willing to deal with, as I assume the younger, the less tolerant there going be to being wrapped up in heavy equipment.

I think it depends on the specific employee at the front desk. When I went, a family with one boy and one girl were looking to play but the employee asked how old the girl was. She was 9 and they said she wasn't able to do the Star Wars experience. They argued that their son is also 9 and was able to play the Star Wars option just a month ago but the employee stuck to his decision. The family even tried to escalate by asking for a manger or contact number of the company owner etc. but they were still turned away. I think if your kid is under 10, at the end of the day, it's all about how mature or strong your kid is perceived to be by the employee at the front desk.

My son did the Star Wars experience when he was 8.9 years old. The next year, he did both the Star Wars and Ralph Breaks the Internet experiences at 9.9 years old. I can't remember how tall he was at the time, but he's in the 30th percentile for height, so not very tall. The Void knows only the age that you input when you sign-in (unless you tell them verbally).

The equipment was clunky for my son, but easily manageable. We intend to repeat both experiences again this December. It's that much fun!

My (just turned 9 year old) daughter did the VOID yesterday. She LOVED it. No one asked her age. She is about 52 inches. She did say the equipment was heavy, but she was fine. I didn't do it, but my DH said he put in her actual age on the waiver and no one said anything.

We didn't get advance tickets. I looked online and saw there was lots of availability so we just walked up and they took DD and DH within a few minutes of us arriving. This was a weekday in the middle of the day. I think they did it around 1:30 or so....I'm sure weekends and evenings may be busier.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter