The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Has to be a website error

I definitely would not book a flight until a bit of time has passed.

Last edited:

Super strange availability currently 🧐 Makes me nervous the refurb is being pushed back since studios October-December are almost entirely available 😲

@Mathmagicland upthread posited that the current availability is related to a RunDisney event covering the last few days of January and the first weekend of February: people walking studios for the event.

My guess would be anticipating the Run Disney marathon events, which were very popular for DVC bookings last month.

Edited to add: I just looked at availability and that pattern of one or two days where no studio is available followed by five or six where it is has been going on for over a week and the unavailable days shift like someone is walking it. We wanted/needed a week in a 2BR lockoff for the middle part of January and I was able to grab it without walking it

Last edited:
Something seems wrong. The 2 bedrooms now show full availability from 9/16 through 1/20/24. This was not the case for the past few weeks.

1 Bedrooms show fully available 10/1 through 1/20/24 as well. Either a website error, or they released a bunch of rooms being held for the refurb.

Interesting
I have a waitlist to switch from a 1 to a 2 bedroom that is not processing.

So when they do the refurbishment, they won't be changing the room layouts at all, will they? I see that most WDW 1-bedroom villas only have 1 full bathroom. There's no chance of them getting rid of the 2nd bathroom in the VGC 1-bedrooms, right? That 2nd bathroom is a big factor (though not the only one) in us wanting to eventually ditch studios and go for the larger room.

So when they do the refurbishment, they won't be changing the room layouts at all, will they? I see that most WDW 1-bedroom villas only have 1 full bathroom. There's no chance of them getting rid of the 2nd bathroom in the VGC 1-bedrooms, right? That 2nd bathroom is a big factor (though not the only one) in us wanting to eventually ditch studios and go for the larger room.
The ownership would revolt. Also, VDH has 2 bathrooms in a 1Bd.

Oh good! If we're still taking these trips when our son is an adult, a 2nd bathroom would be really nice for three adults!

Does anyone know if all of the studios currently have the full sized toiletries on the shower wall or if it's just the little ones?

We’ve owned DVC since 2008/2009 - as far as we know, no refurb has ever included redoing the layouts. It’s generally swapping out soft goods (carpet, curtains, etc), appliances (microwaves, W/D, etc), painting, tiling, etc.

We’ve owned DVC since 2008/2009 - as far as we know, no refurb has ever included redoing the layouts. It’s generally swapping out soft goods (carpet, curtains, etc), appliances (microwaves, W/D, etc), painting, tiling, etc.
They never change room layouts, which would require changing structural framing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. The closest they (barely) came, was sort of adding the little "kitchenette" area to the Resort Studios at VGF.

I just looked at a bunch of studios are still available at the end of this year. Though it does look like some people must have booked as some days are now unavailable. So are we still thinking this is a glitch or did they actually add these back into the inventory? I'm really feeling like the refurb has been pushed to a 2025 start date now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter