The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I don't understand this, do you work for DVC or something similar? What is the point of the secrecy or for stating information as fact if you don't know it to be fact?
There is no secrecy. I think a person or two have even posted photos of the Murphy beds in the two rooms when they were first installed… look around. Perhaps you will end up in one of the rooms on your next trip. 🤷‍♂️

The referb is starting in October and will be complete in May of 25. It’s going to be a pretty quick refresh. They are adding Murphy beds, replacing the carpet with identical carpet, doing new curtains and mattresses and a fresh coat of white paint on the walls. The kitchens and bathrooms are not receiving much work. Only repairs, as needed

We know that a murphy bed or two was installed. I posted a link to pictures on the last page. But I think we're just wondering where you're getting your info that it's just going to be a "quick refresh" and not a full refurbishment. You stated it like fact and not speculation based solely on a couple murphy beds showing up.

Referring to the quoted post above where you gave details and dates.

There is no secrecy. I think a person or two have even posted photos of the Murphy beds in the two rooms when they were first installed… look around. Perhaps you will end up in one of the rooms on your next trip. 🤷‍♂️
The secrecy is in you stating dates and "quick refresh" instead of hard goods refurbishment as though you are fully in the know. Maybe you are. But then say why you are. If you are saying that you're basing your "facts" on the murphy beds that were installed in two rooms, great, we'll all understand that you are as much in the know as any rando on the boards.

My guess would be anticipating the Run Disney marathon events, which were very popular for DVC bookings last month.
Thanks for this. I've owned since 2009 and never had trouble booking a studio at the 11 month mark before. Now I know why this time was different.

The secrecy is in you stating dates and "quick refresh" instead of hard goods refurbishment as though you are fully in the know. Maybe you are. But then say why you are. If you are saying that you're basing your "facts" on the murphy beds that were installed in two rooms, great, we'll all understand that you are as much in the know as any rando on the boards.
A bit harsh…. but this is obviously a very hot button issue with this thread as we all paid a lot of money for our VGC points (and do so on an ongoing basis with dues) and want the rooms to look their best.

It could be good for the PP to provide the context….“Based on an article/report published in November my guess is that…” with a link to the article.

Well..crap on a cracker! We were planning for February 1st or 2nd through the 7th or 8th. Looks like that won't be happening now. I guess that means we'll be sticking with June 2025 even if June 2024 sucks. Ha!

Am I going to need to walk June 2025 because of some event I've never heard of?! I didn't need to for this June, thankfully.

Disney has always done their hard good refurbishment on their properties. The image with the pull down murphy doesn't even have a mural at the back of the bedhead so that room is definitely not completed. Disney also pushed back the hard goods refurb so I'd be hard pressed to see why if they're not going to really bother with it. The increase in dues 2 years ago was stated to improve capital reserves for the refurbishment.

Well..crap on a cracker! We were planning for February 1st or 2nd through the 7th or 8th. Looks like that won't be happening now. I guess that means we'll be sticking with June 2025 even if June 2024 sucks. Ha!

Am I going to need to walk June 2025 because of some event I've never heard of?! I didn't need to for this June, thankfully.
Because of Grad Nights, there haven’t been any other Big events in June….though not saying that can’t change, for example, they added a Disneyland Halloween run event in September for the first time this year. The 2025 Grad Night dates will be released this summer.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out. We purposely booked later in June this year to avoid grad night noise. Planning to do the same for next year too. I'm hoping it we (someday) have enough points for a 1-bedroom, it wouldn't be as difficult to get rooms at the 11 month mark.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out. We purposely booked later in June this year to avoid grad night noise. Planning to do the same for next year too. I'm hoping it we (someday) have enough points for a 1-bedroom, it wouldn't be as difficult to get rooms at the 11 month mark.
Keep a watch on February 2, it may open up for you. People might want the first for the run the morning of the second, but not the night of the second since it is not a holiday weekend if they need to be back at work or school on the third.

Ok. Thanks for replying, I don't think that anyone, or rather most, are thinking those are test rooms of the full refurb, just testing of a murphy bed.

I was wondering....what are those blank spots next to 509 and 513?

And why didn't they make 503 a DVC room?

DVCVGC.jpg

Parking advice needed -- for an upcoming stay, we will have a guest (someone who lives local) joining us for the evening. We will already have our rental car parked in the DVC lot. We're pretty sure we remember that we can have a 2nd parking spot. I think that all they need is a key to get out of the lot -- but I don't remember what gets them into the lot initially?

From reading back in this group, in the distant past you pulled a ticket that was never needed again in order to get into the lot. I kinda remember from a more recent visit that we used a key to get into the lot? (I'm guessing this would mean that if I'm unavailable, they'd need to have their name on the reservation to get a key from the front desk before parking, and hence the question)

I was wondering....what are those blank spots next to 509 and 513?

And why didn't they make 503 a DVC room?

View attachment 833221
The map combines room numbers for all floors, so is not exactly correct.
Linked in my signature (using a computer browser) is a floor by floor map.

The blank next to 509 is really an error, since there is no empty space there.
The blank next to 1513 are the restrooms accessed from the pool area, on other floors x513 takes up the area.

It seems the original designer wanted all studios to be part of 2 bedroom lockoffs, with no dedicated studios.
So the there are regular hotel rooms in a few locations, which seem like they should be part of VGC.

I didn't realize the studios were bigger than the standard hotel room there. In photos, they actually seem smaller to me for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter