The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

It’s not eligible for Apple Pay, but you should be able to add it to your Apple Wallet… like a plane ticket….
“Not eligible" is what i got when trying to add to my wallet. Maybe I'm missing something, is there a special way to add?
Google search just says to do what i tried, &/or use the original email that should have an option to "add to wallet" but I don't think i have the original email. *edit* Original email does not have any option to add to wallet

I don't use Applet Wallet, so it may just be me not knowing how it works, but it seems pretty straight forward. Am i missing a link or something in my wallet, this is all i see (attached image)

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
“Not eligible" is what i got when trying to add to my wallet. Maybe I'm missing something, is there a special way to add?
Google search just says to do what i tried, &/or use the original email that should have an option to "add to wallet" but I don't think i have the original email. *edit* Original email does not have any option to add to wallet

I don't use Applet Wallet, so it may just be me not knowing how it works, but it seems pretty straight forward. Am i missing a link or something in my wallet, this is all i see (attached image)
It’s always just been a default option for me…

I’m guessing from your screen shot, are you hitting the Plus “+ “ sign in the upper right corner of fhe Apple Wallet screen to try to add your Disney gift card? If so, that is why you are seeing Not Eligible as that is a way to add things like a credit card, transit csrd, drivers license (in eligible states). It won’t work for gift cards, as you have found.

The only way I know to add a gift card, boarding pass, insurance card, etc is via an Add to Wallet link in the associated email or app.

I’m guessing from your screen shot, are you hitting the Plus “+ “ sign in the upper right corner of fhe Apple Wallet screen to try to add your Disney gift card? If so, that is why you are seeing Not Eligible as that is a way to add things like a credit card, transit csrd, drivers license (in eligible states). It won’t work for gift cards, as you have found.

The only way I know to add a gift card, boarding pass, insurance card, etc is via an Add to Wallet link in the associated email or app.
Yea, i think its because i got them from BestBuy online, so there isn't any option to "Add to Wallet", but if i buy one from shopDisney like you said, then maybe i can add these to that card.?

Yea, i think its because i got them from BestBuy online, so there isn't any option to "Add to Wallet", but if i buy one from shopDisney like you said, then maybe i can add these to that card.?
Right. Only the ones from shopDisney have the button to add to mobile wallet. That's why I bought a $25 egift card to use for this purpose.

Then you can move the balance from your best buy ones to the shopDisney one using the Disney gift card website.

Right. Only the ones from shopDisney have the button to add to mobile wallet. That's why I bought a $25 egift card to use for this purpose.

Then you can move the balance from your best buy ones to the shopDisney one using the Disney gift card website.
Ok that worked, but now that I have the new card in my wallet how do I add the others to it? (again, I see no options. lol)

Thank you to all of you for the Costco gift card tips! I just bought two on DH's membership number and will look to see if my number is different and if so, then buy two more. If I buy
2 under my adult son's membership number, can I use them if they weren't bought under
my name?

Looking ahead to December 2025. December starts on a Monday. So the first weekend is the 6th and 7th. Am I right to assume those will be the nights of the candlelight processional?

I'm thinking we'd want to arrive on Sunday the 7th with park days being Monday 8th - Friday 12th. Or arriving Monday 8th with park days being Tuesday 9th - Saturday 13th. (This way our son is only out of school for 1 week and will still have 1 week back in school before his Winter break.)

We will want a studio villa. Do you guys think I need to "walk" this reservation? And if so, how far in advance. I've never walked before so I'm not really sure how it works.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Thank you to all of you for the Costco gift card tips! I just bought two on DH's membership number and will look to see if my number is different and if so, then buy two more. If I buy
2 under my adult son's membership number, can I use them if they weren't bought under
my name?
Yes. Also, last weekend Costco didn't actually enforce the per membership limits, just per order. So even on accounts you've ordered before, periodically try to reorder. Worst case it gets cancelled. No harm in trying.

Looking ahead to December 2025. December starts on a Monday. So the first weekend is the 6th and 7th. Am I right to assume those will be the nights of the candlelight processional?

I'm thinking we'd want to arrive on Sunday the 7th with park days being Monday 8th - Friday 12th. Or arriving Monday 8th with park days being Tuesday 9th - Saturday 13th. (This way our son is only out of school for 1 week and will still have 1 week back in school before his Winter break.)

We will want a studio villa. Do you guys think I need to "walk" this reservation? And if so, how far in advance. I've never walked before so I'm not really sure how it works.

Yes I think you are OK to presume Candlelight will be that weekend of December 7-8, 2024.

Re walking a reservation, here is a link to a post that is one of the best explanations I’ve seen on how it works and how to make it work.

Post in thread 'Walking a reservation'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/walking-a-reservation.3901036/post-64413766

People are already walking the VGC studios for Processional weekend so you might be too late. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Yes I think you are OK to presume Candlelight will be that weekend of December 7-8, 2024.

Re walking a reservation, here is a link to a post that is one of the best explanations I’ve seen on how it works and how to make it work.

Post in thread 'Walking a reservation'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/walking-a-reservation.3901036/post-64413766

Thanks! I'll check it out.

People are already walking the VGC studios for Processional weekend so you might be too late. Hopefully I’m wrong.

We aren't going until December 2025 so booking won't open until January 2025. Though it looks like I'll want to start walking much sooner than I thought (December 2024.)

Out of curiousity, how can you tell if people are already walking processional weekend for 2024? I might keep an eye on this to give me an idea of what to do next year.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

We aren't going until December 2025 so booking won't open until January 2025. Though it looks like I'll want to start walking much sooner than I thought (December 2024.)
I can’t find the post that will better explain this, but it is something about walking too far in advance, crossing UYs, and maybe having to bank or borrow enough points to both get them into the needed use year plus cover both the low points weeks plus the higher point weeks until you can get to the week you want. And once banked or borrowed, those points cannot be moved back. So how far in advance one could start walking depends on the UY and the reservation days needed, and the number of points.

Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Out of curiousity, how can you tell if people are already walking processional weekend for 2024? I might keep an eye on this to give me an idea of what to do next year.
Since the Holidays are the busiest time of the year at WDW (including DVC), and December falls into the third lowest points season at WDW, you can absolutely guarantee that people have been walking reservations for at least the last couple of weeks on certain room categories at several resorts.

Since the Holidays are the busiest time of the year at WDW (including DVC), and December falls into the third lowest points season at WDW, you can absolutely guarantee that people have been walking reservations for at least the last couple of weeks on certain room categories at several resorts.
I assume that includes DLR??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter