• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I have some dues questions since this is our first year.

When do they release what the dues will be per point in 2024?

And when will the show up under the dues section of my account online? I assume I can just pay them from there once they show up?

1699297446237.png

Proposed dues for 2024 are $8.5544 per point. It will not be finalized until the condo association meeting in Dec when it'll be added to your dashboard to be paid.

Did anyone read the LA times article this morning: “Disneyland workers primed for big salary bump after winning living-wage legal battle” https://apple.news/AXqNcXxkNT1SbOqSG9dBdIA

I’m happy the cast members will be earning more, but I am wondering the following things:

1) Did this play into the larger than average dues increase?
Undoubtedly it did.
2) Will this help with attracting more cast members into the hotel and parks or will Disney run things with even a lower number of staffing?
I can't answer that.
3) Since Disney knew this was going to happen, is it fair to assume the higher cost of labor was baked into the higher ticket prices and cost of food increases?
Of course. Disney has a staff of accountants whose job that is.
I have some dues questions since this is our first year.

When do they release what the dues will be per point in 2024?
As above, they released them today (although some owners received notices directly over the last few days.)
And when will the show up under the dues section of my account online? I assume I can just pay them from there once they show up?
Yes, you can pay them when they show up, or you can even make payments now. If you open up your Dues page and click Pay Balance (or click in the box that says Paid in Full), you can pay any amount you want with Disney gift cards, Disney Visa Rewards dollars, or credit card. We buy Disney gift cards at a discount whenever we can and apply them to our account. We like to have a nice credit balance by the time dues are due in January, then we pay ahead every month so that DVC never actually drafts anything out of our bank account.

Last edited:
Eeekkk!!! Where did you see that?

Of course we have three trips planned next year- the last one for OBB over fall break (if we can get tickets). I was planning on a year or so off but refreshed rooms may bring me back. Twist my arm!

For those that care (which I think is most of you...):

It appears VGC's hard goods renovation will begin early/mid October 2024.
Hmmmm.... this makes me think I should just go for the smaller rooms and bank more points into 2025..... or save the points and do a spring trip in the danger zone.... so many options :)

100% for sure. The park view GV is iconic. IMO the huge win will be the 1 and 2BR units (sure studios too) with the murphy. Given the location and the 3 bathrooms in the 2BRs, these rooms will go from amazing to WOW.
Where are the details listed for the refurb? Is the couch going to a murphy? Will the little twin remain?

Speaking of GVs, I wonder how they're going to handle the refurb of and around those.

Right now, future inventory is reduced by an amount matching the inventory on floor 2, implying they plan to refurb one floor at a time.

But both GVs are on the same floor and actually span two floors (floors 4 and 5). So are they going to take floors 4 and 5 offline at the same time? Or have both GVs offline for the duration of two 'waves' (the 4th floor wave and the 5th floor wave)? Or just have the GVs offline with the floor 4 wave, but prevent GV guests from using the villa entrance/exit on floor 5?

I'm also curious what they do with the x503 non-DVC rooms and the other non-DVC rooms at the end of the hall on floor 1. I fear our dues are paying for those rooms to be offline.

Where are the details listed for the refurb? Is the couch going to a murphy? Will the little twin remain?
I don't think we can really know for sure at this point but it seems like all of the upgrades include the murphy. The only room I doubt would get it is perhaps the GV. Given the layout I'm not sure if it would work. It could look like the living room of the GV at SSR, but given how the upstairs works with what is there I'm not sure if it would work. Might just get two sleeper couches in the GVs.

Right now, future inventory is reduced by an amount matching the inventory on floor 2, implying they plan to refurb one floor at a time.

Where did you find this information? In the DVC booking engine, I can only see if a room is available, not how many.

What are the odds of the refurb being done by early February 2025? Slim or none?
Piggybacking on this question, what are the thoughts on the runDisney weekend at the end of January being impacted, by reduced room inventory and /or construction noises? I suppose I could always book VDH for that weekend.

Just for giggles, I looked at next October. It appears there’s some walking happening. What are people walking to? Just getting the first day in for fear of reduced inventory due to refurbishment later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter