The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Thanks for all the help and advice. Just realized that I was being silly and keeping the 2BR reservation locked down when the 3BR is the one more likely to disappear quickly (only 1 room left). So I canceled the 2BR for now and locked in the 3BR for 3 nights for the days we want to plan the party. I'll just have to call member services in the AM and see if they can fix the multiple issues with my account so I don't have to keep seeing the 7 dwarfs error all the time and so they can re-book the extra nights in the 2BR.

7 Month Window advice
We own at AKL and OKW but are thinking of taking a trip to Disneyland!! (my hubby has never been). Are there times of the year when it is easier/harder to get a studio at the 7-month mark? We're flexible on dates - thank you for any advice.

I just have to say how enamored I am with the new entrance into DCA. From my room at Villas at Grand Californian until I was in the park I clocked at 3 mins. So convenient.
The easy entry into the parks was the reason we immediately started looking at VGC contracts when we got home from a stay at Grand Californian. Every day we were able to get into the park early, then leave midday for a nap, then go back into the parks. The convenience was AMAZING!

Just sent the email. Thanks again for the tip.
We got room 3504. What a great view. A higher floor would have been great, but we were really happy. Watched WOC from our balacony one night. As others have said, you can't really see the projections, but you sure can hear the music and watch the dancing water show.

The new back entrance to DCA pixar Pier area is amazing. Never had one person in front of us at security when we used it during the day. When you are in the DVC wing you just go down to the first floor, turn right and head for the door to the BBQs. Then you are just steps away from the Pixar Pier entrance. I joked I could be in the room and decide I'm hungry, run down and buy a corndog from the corndog castle, and be back up in the room in five minutes.

7 Month Window advice
We own at AKL and OKW but are thinking of taking a trip to Disneyland!! (my hubby has never been). Are there times of the year when it is easier/harder to get a studio at the 7-month mark? We're flexible on dates - thank you for any advice.

We would love for you to visit Disneyland Resort and the best DVC Resort ever (VGC), but I should say that DVC studio inventory at Disneyland Resort is about to go up about 800% with VDH opening soon.... of course this requires that your AKL or OKW points are "blue card/aka clean" points.

As a more direct answer to your question, studio inventory at VGC is rough. I don't look very day (but I stalk more than I should) and almost all rooms are gone at 7months in each category. Studios are often gone well before the 7month window.

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that it might be impossible at 7 months. I'll look for info on VDH opening, maybe the best dates are after that opens.

Those of you who have stayed recently, once EE was up and running again, how is this going? I am wondering if monorail is a better strategy for park opening than quick-walking over to the main gates?

Those of you who have stayed recently, once EE was up and running again, how is this going? I am wondering if monorail is a better strategy for park opening than quick-walking over to the main gates?

I don’t recommend it. I tried it a few times, and this was many years ago, but you might find the monorail is down. That can be very frustrating.

Hi DVC folks. We are staying at a 2 bedroom Villa at DGC for 2 weeks in October 2022! So excited!

Because we're staying so long we wanted to do some of the DGC extra activities that I've seen posted (pre-Covid) on other sites :
Power walk around Disney California Adventure prior to park opening
Pilates session
Walking tours of the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotels
The “Grand Quest” where a set of clues take guests on a hunt around the resort
Songs and Storytelling
“Learn to Draw” class
Great Hall Pianist

Just wondering if these activities are still available?

Thank you! 32 days to DISNEYLAND

Just got back from my stay in a 1BR at GVC for 3 nights. I requested a specific list of park view rooms and got none of them, lol. But after so many trips over the years, I don't mind not having a park view anymore. I rather more value the convenience of room placement and just happened to luck out with a fantastic room location right over the new park entrance by the Corn Dog Castle! It was room 2522 and it was right next to the stairwell when taken down to the ground floor put us right at the new entry gate. I didn't ever try it for park opening or Early Entry but at any other time of the day it was empty and fantastic! I will probably adjust my room preference list to now be closer to this stairwell or on the ground floor. This room is located in the corner tower just below the grand villas.
Apologies to @Nonsuch for using your room layout map to mark the stairwell. I had a heck of a time envisioning exactly where this new gate was before I had a chance to see with my own eyes. I hope this will be helpful for others :)Stairs to new Park Entry Gate.jpg

Oh, also I was able to buy Oogie Boogie Bash tickets. You have to go down in person to the front desk and it will be the same price as whatever it was on the original calendar (not increased) depending on your party date. The desk will start the sales at 6am and the line forms before then. I got down at about 5:55am and was 8th in line. They will also only sell you a maximum number of tickets as there are official guest names checked into the room. You will need to have an ID on you to verify that you are the guest who is checked into your room number and they automatically charge the tickets to your room folio. They will not allow you to purchase with other tender.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter