• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

anyone thinking of selling their VGC points? It seems like CA has no end in sight for their restrictions. What is it going to take? It just doesn't seem sustainable but they've already gone on this long, I'm losing hope. And even once it opens, I just can't fathom wanting to be there in a mask all day with a significantly reduced experience. We're so very sad. I never ever thought we'd break up with Disney, but I'm feeling kinda hopeless lately.

I have been thinking of selling as well and purchasing a contract for Aulani and a small RV. Our last visit was in 2014 and since then been to Aulani every year. Kids are getting older and "bored" (to them) at the parks and rather go hang out in the pools, ocean and lazy river all day!

I'll swap AUL-subsidized for VGC with you if you want. We plan to continue to do both. My autistic son and myself will never grow old of Disney and wife would love the VGC time

I have been thinking of selling as well and purchasing a contract for Aulani and a small RV. Our last visit was in 2014 and since then been to Aulani every year. Kids are getting older and "bored" (to them) at the parks and rather go hang out in the pools, ocean and lazy river all day!
Can always rent / swap points for a while too. VGC of course will rent well and leaves the door open for later in case you change your mind. But... VGC would sell for high (Currently around up to $240/point!) and Aulani buy for low so...

Okay with the surprise announcement for 4/1 -- do you think DVC will push up the timeline to a 4/1 opening instead of 5/2?

Okay with the surprise announcement for 4/1 -- do you think DVC will push up the timeline to a 4/1 opening instead of 5/2?

In my opinion, Disneyland won't even open on April 1st. First, they have to hit the red tier. Which they are not yet in. Then the governor states only California residents... but yesterday they sold thousands of Touch of Disney tickets without any stipulation it had to be for California residents only. I say both don't open until May... Disneyland may open sooner but only after Touch of Disney is over.

In addition to what nickerbockers said, the parks can open without the hotels. When the parks were supposed to open last July it was ahead of the VGC opening.

true. not tied to each other. We know hotels easier to open and several cases showed hotels opening several weeks ahead of actual resorts.

Before today, there was a hope for a target yellow tier opening around end of May and three weeks prior VGC opening to pave that way.

Now with OC at the doorsteps of qualifying for the red tier opener; will probably enter around 3rd week of march and into orange mid-april. All good steps for DLR to open.

I seriously do not believe DLR will keep DL closed just because Touch of Disney is happening next door in DCA.

Also, they can simply change ToD into a F+W with higher credit and a discounted DCA ticket once they hit reopening. Not that hard to flip. The balance is how many tickets did they sell and how many were CA residents. If it falls under the 15% capacity and majority of CA residents; I will bet they will convert to a F+W festival within park reopening. DLR isn't going to leave $$$ on the table nor will the unions.

If DLR is reopening, I would be shocked hotels will stay shuttered beforehand. A lot easier to restart a hotel than a theme park schedule I bet.

Dcc could always reopen those slots. Will kiss off those who got canceled if they aren't notified and given opportunity to restore their ressie first, but not out of dvcs hand to reverse course.

Why wouldn't they choose to reopen hotels if they reopen the park?

Once DL reopens, there will be a huge demand for tickets, especially if they can only open at 15% capacity. Do you think DVC members with a VGC reservation will get priority for purchasing tickets? I have a summer reservation, but I am concerned about actual availability of tickets during my stay.

Once DL reopens, there will be a huge demand for tickets, especially if they can only open at 15% capacity. Do you think DVC members with a VGC reservation will get priority for purchasing tickets? I have a summer reservation, but I am concerned about actual availability of tickets during my stay.
Maybe you should email DVC via the link on the member website and suggest it! They did give people with DL resort reservations including VGC first chance for Galaxy’s Edge reservations, but it wouldn’t hurt to remind them about giving priority for park reopening tickets.

I have been wondering about this, also. Have mid-July VGF reservation, but am not a California resident, which the current re-opening guideline states that only residents will be allowed in. Just checking to see if any rumors or plans are in the works to allow the resort guests a chance (or even priority :) ) to visit the parks!

When WDW reopened, there were three buckets for tickets for each park - Disney hotel guests, APs, and all the rest. We might see something similar here. Any other guidelines would likely also need fo apply, ie if the CA resident requirements are still in effect.

Yeah, the CA residnet requirment will probably be a disclaimer to click through to accept prior to reservation entered.

The question is if have to buy ticket and attach to MDE disneyland for it to work -- BUT the reservation system traditionally doesn't link resort reservations on the DLR app. <----now there's the rub!

For owners at VGC who have reservations (in June), any guesses as to what will happen with the requirement for California residents only?

For owners at VGC who have reservations (in June), any guesses as to what will happen with the requirement for California residents only?
We are 5/29-6/1 coming from AZ and just not sure. We had 5/28 too but I dropped it. The remaining points expire 8/31, so it’s either go or sell it. Right now we think we’ll still go..... but it will be extremely hard to go if others can go in and we can’t. Our plan if that happens is one beach day, one resort day with a possible cabana rental at DLH.

We have reservations for late June. The problem is that a big chunk of points will expire on July 31, so it is use them for that reservation or throw them away. I suppose we could also rent them. Right now we're keeping the reservations. Worse comes to worse, I'll sit on my balcony enjoying the view.

We also have reservations for late June. We will likely keep them regardless, as we are just stopping off for 2 days on our way to Aulani. Will likely do beach and a resort day as well--possibly visit with friends in the area if we can work it. It will be PAINFUL, though, if it's open, but not for us. Wahhhh. We also already have park tickets sitting unused since Feb 2020.

BUT the reservation system traditionally doesn't link resort reservations on the DLR app. <----now there's the rub!

With regard to this, I think it would be fairly easy for Disney to send a private link or a special code to enter to members with a VGC rezzie through which they could purchase tix and/or make their park reservation. Wouldn't HAVE to be through the app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter