• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

anyone thinking of selling their VGC points? It seems like CA has no end in sight for their restrictions. What is it going to take? It just doesn't seem sustainable but they've already gone on this long, I'm losing hope. And even once it opens, I just can't fathom wanting to be there in a mask all day with a significantly reduced experience. We're so very sad. I never ever thought we'd break up with Disney, but I'm feeling kinda hopeless lately.
Quite the contrary - so if you have a small Feb UY contract you're going to sell... give a brother a heads up :-)

Last edited:
anyone thinking of selling their VGC points? It seems like CA has no end in sight for their restrictions. What is it going to take? It just doesn't seem sustainable but they've already gone on this long, I'm losing hope. And even once it opens, I just can't fathom wanting to be there in a mask all day with a significantly reduced experience. We're so very sad. I never ever thought we'd break up with Disney, but I'm feeling kinda hopeless lately.
I wouldnt sell these points, so hard to get and the price is so high! Things will get better :)

Ride it out and rent for a few years before you decide to sell. The value of your contract is never going to drop.

Wow, most of May just got booked up with that announcement. I've been trying to get back a 1 bedroom Memorial Day weekend after a points borrowing correction/banking fiasco, so have been stalking May availability a few times a day every day. Last night shortly after midnight most of the weekends were gone in studios, and a few days here and there .... and now ... not many nights left, even 1 bedrooms are getting scarce. Hooray for VGC being open again in May!
Super excited we get to go Memorial Day weekend, whether the parks are open or not.

I’m so excited! We have it booked for the end of May. Even if the parks aren’t open, I think we’ll still go.

Wow, most of May just got booked up with that announcement. I've been trying to get back a 1 bedroom Memorial Day weekend after a points borrowing correction/banking fiasco, so have been stalking May availability a few times a day every day. Last night shortly after midnight most of the weekends were gone in studios, and a few days here and there .... and now ... not many nights left. Hooray for VGC being open again in May!
Super excited we get to go Memorial Day weekend, whether the parks are open or not.
I’m so excited! We have it booked for the end of May. Even if the parks aren’t open, I think we’ll still go.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, see this thread for today's announcement from DVC:
Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopening scheduled May 2, 2021

I'm so happy about this news!!!! What's funny is I have cancelled my VGC trips (or should I say, they cancelled them) 4 times since the pandemic hit. Booked WDW... for the first week of May! So VGC will open while I'm on my first WDW trip in 27 years. Wow! But just means that my October 2021 VGC booking looks real or as real as it's looked in a long while.

Wow, most of May just got booked up with that announcement. I've been trying to get back a 1 bedroom Memorial Day weekend after a points borrowing correction/banking fiasco, so have been stalking May availability a few times a day every day. Last night shortly after midnight most of the weekends were gone in studios, and a few days here and there .... and now ... not many nights left, even 1 bedrooms are getting scarce. Hooray for VGC being open again in May!
We'll be there that weekend, too. I've had four reservations cancelled at VGC since the pandemic. Hope this one sticks!

I have a reservation for June 10-14 at VGC in a one bedroom that I am going to cancel, we would be coming from FL and have decided we don’t want to spend for airfare for 5 not knowing if the parks will be open and if it they are only half functioning. I’d be happy to coordinate the cancellation with a dis member if you are interested in grabbing it once I release it. We decided to use these points for a spring break trip to WDW instead. PM me

So with prior hotel /park reopenings-- ~3 weeks. May 2nd puts it right at memorial day weekend for some park opening . Here's to hoping! Have that weekend circled and reserved. The kicker though -- our new house is scheduled to be done at the same time and move-in that weekend. -- terrible choices!!!!

Just got an email from DVC, they cancelled my last week of April reservation. Looks like they may be canceling all up to the new reopening date.

Yes, March and April dates have been completely cleared off of the reservation calendar. That’s now 6 cancellations for us, but our May trip is good to go. For now. Unless something else happens. *sigh*

Anyone else having trouble viewing/modifying their May Reservations on the website since the announcement?

i keep getting the “nothing to see here” error message.

Anyone else having trouble viewing/modifying their May Reservations on the website since the announcement?

i keep getting the “nothing to see here” error message.
Works for me just now when I tried it - could view the details on the May reservation.

remember need to add your email back into the reservation in order to make/cancel reservation online. Quirk of VGC ressies.

remember need to add your email back into the reservation in order to make/cancel reservation online. Quirk of VGC ressies.
It's actually happening before I can even get to the page where it lets you put in your email address. :-(

Guess I need to call member services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter