The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Quick question: Is there a hose on the vacuums? I'm thinking about packing my pillow and would like to use a space bag.

Just caught up with the NEW AWSOME thread. Can't believe I was so far behind.

So here's a pic of the vacuum when I was there 11/09. Sorry, no hose:headache:
Disneyland2009054.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the odds of my Waitlist coming through? I currently have a 2br for 5/22-25, but want to switch to 6/2-5 as Splash Mountain is on the refurb schedule until 5/26. Do any of the rides come out of refurb early?

Anyone have any idea what the odds of my Waitlist coming through? I currently have a 2br for 5/22-25, but want to switch to 6/2-5...
Good luck with your waitlist :wizard:
The waitlist system is not perfect, and it's not clear exactly how it works. This thread has some details: Technical Flaw in the Waitlist System?
The thread was from last April and there have been updates to the reservation system since then.

Anyone have any idea what the odds of my Waitlist coming through? I currently have a 2br for 5/22-25, but want to switch to 6/2-5 as Splash Mountain is on the refurb schedule until 5/26. Do any of the rides come out of refurb early?

I'm not sure about DLR, but I know that some rides have finished refurb early at WDW. If they get the ride completed, and have the schedule ready in advance, they will open it early. No guarantees of course, but I am hopeful. We'll be there until the 24th, and it is my husband's favorite ride. We are hoping they finish it just a couple of days early!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom last August, now looking for this August. Wife does not want to go to DLR if we can not stay in the Villas.

Jack

Booked a two bedroom today for Dec. 18 to Dec. 21.

:yay::santa::dance3: We are going to Disneyland for Christmas!

I know it will be crowded. but having a room nearby the parks will have its advantages. :)

Booked a two bedroom today for Dec. 18 to Dec. 21.

:yay::santa::dance3: We are going to Disneyland for Christmas!

I know it will be crowded. but having a room nearby the parks will have its advantages. :)

We can not get vacation anywhere around the holiday times, wife has always wanted to see Christmas at DLR and I, Halloween.

Jack

Halloween and Christmas times are the best times to get to DLR, too. We go every October, but we usually don't stay at DLR in December. We stayed for the first weekend in Dec last year, because my renter canceled her December trip. I decided to just take the reservation instead. It was so nice to be on property for Christmas time, that I decided to stay longer and closer to Christmas this year. Banked some points and had some to use since I am not renting anymore to be able to book right at the 11 month mark.

Our October trip is in jeopardy this year. I will have to use my SSR points for that trip, and I am afraid that everything will be booked. I decided that the Dec trip was more important so used most of my VGC points for that reservation. We will see what happens in March. It will be a good test for an Oct booking at 7 months out.

getting excited for our early February trip in a two bedroom with some friends. Any hints at getting a park view room from your experience? Like anything that has improved your odds?

...Any hints at getting a park view room from your experience? Like anything that has improved your odds?
Call or email Member Services to have your view request added to your reservation. Check in early.

I should be checked into the VGC in 48 hours! I can't wait!

Really? That would be something to know. I should investigate that. Has anyone done that before?

We haven't checked in via phone, but having checked in at the desk they took my cell phone and texted me when the room was ready. I wonder if that is what the PP meant.

We haven't checked in via phone, but having checked in at the desk they took my cell phone and texted me when the room was ready. I wonder if that is what the PP meant.

No, that is normal fair for the resort hotel. I read where you can call the Grand and check in via phone. You still have to go to the desk and pickup keys and etc.

Jack

Has anyone been there yet this year? I just want to double check that parking is still free...

Just got back from VGC and parking was indeed free for 2 cars, but all hotel (i.e. non-villa) guests are now paying $15/car as of Jan 1, 2011. Valet is $22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter