The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Awesome new thread Christopher and wonderful pics Alison!:thumbsup2

I'm so looking forward to our trip this month to see the resort in all it's holiday magic.:santa:

We've never seen the GCH decked out for the holidays in person. Please take lots of pictures so we can post them here on our lovely thread! :goodvibes

Just got back this evening from a six night stay. This was our first stay in the villas since buying in back in July. Hotel is not decked out in holiday decor as of yet. Villa was clean and very nice except for the construction view and noise that started at 6:30 am. We rolled with it...not a biggie.

The one thing I could hardly believe is people leaving trash bags, trash and all sorts of debris in the hallways....I guess hoping the trash fairy is going to pick it up....is it really that hard to take out your trash....to the trash bin? This morning half the second floor wreaked of a trash smell from someone leaving it outside their room. Room service also was not good about retrieving the plates, etc. and wee saw a lot of dishes in the hallway too. It really took away the deluxe accommodations Aspect with the hallways being a mess...

...Room service also was not good about retrieving the plates, etc. and wee saw a lot of dishes in the hallway too.
Room service plates left in the hall has been an ongoing problem at the Grand. Guests could help the situation by calling room service when leaving carts or plates in the hall.

The irregular floorplan makes checking halls more work, but the hotel should check the halls at least once a night.

Room service plates left in the hall has been an ongoing problem at the Grand. Guests could help the situation by calling room service when leaving carts or plates in the hall.

The irregular floorplan makes checking halls more work, but the hotel should check the halls at least once a night.

I think a lot of it is just plain laziness. There were food and drink plates right outside the second floor elevator and they were there for over two full days!

What a great thread!! Love this place. Really want to experience it in person! But this will do until then.......

While we don't own here, we hope to visit next year when we go to CA (fingers crossed!)

Good job Stopher. You are a busy boy aren't you!

(Stopher takes care of us over on the VWL Groupie thread):goodvibes

What a great thread!! Love this place. Really want to experience it in person! But this will do until then.......

While we don't own here, we hope to visit next year when we go to CA (fingers crossed!)

Good job Stopher. You are a busy boy aren't you!

(Stopher takes care of us over on the VWL Groupie thread):goodvibes

Muushka - thanks and WELCOME to the VGC thread! :goodvibes You REALLY need to get Mr. Muush to head west and visit!!! Next year, huh? I hope that works out for you. It is such a wonderful resort, and of course such a wonderful park right next door too... and DCA is getting better all the time. I just can't wait to be there in just 2 weeks :woohoo: ... and then again in 6 weeks!! :cool1: I'm kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas right about now :santa: it just can't get here soon enough!

:cool1: I'm kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas right about now it just can't get here soon enough!I'm kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas :santa:right about now it just can't get here soon enough!

Ditto! At Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for many things. One of them is that Christmastime is here!

We're getting tented tomorrow, I've spent the last who knows how long packing up my food, medicines...tomorrow we herd cats and get out of the house, I was so hoping that for our Concert Band Disney weekend that we could stay at the VGC, but we thought it would have been this weekend. Instead Disney chose next weekend, so instead of staying at the VCG I'll be at the DLH. I haven't stayed there in over 10 years so it will be fun, but I will miss the Villas.

I am not looking forward to the next three days, but am looking forward to next weekend when we are hopefully immersed in Disney all weekend!

Muushka - thanks and WELCOME to the VGC thread! :goodvibes You REALLY need to get Mr. Muush to head west and visit!!! Next year, huh? I hope that works out for you. It is such a wonderful resort, and of course such a wonderful park right next door too... and DCA is getting better all the time. I just can't wait to be there in just 2 weeks :woohoo: ... and then again in 6 weeks!! :cool1: I'm kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas right about now :santa: it just can't get here soon enough!

Oops, 2012, sorry. 20th anniversary. If it was next year, I would be looking into the "how difficult is it to......fill in the blank......" questions here on this thread!

Stopher, you have the best vacation schedule of anyone out there! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:goodvibes

Termites?:confused3

We're getting tented tomorrow, I've spent the last who knows how long packing up my food, medicines...tomorrow we herd cats and get out of the house, I was so hoping that for our Concert Band Disney weekend that we could stay at the VGC, but we thought it would have been this weekend. Instead Disney chose next weekend, so instead of staying at the VCG I'll be at the DLH. I haven't stayed there in over 10 years so it will be fun, but I will miss the Villas.

I am not looking forward to the next three days, but am looking forward to next weekend when we are hopefully immersed in Disney all weekend!

Well you can always hang out in the lobby, and visit the Hearthstone Lounge! I know it's not the same, but with so much construction going on at DLH, ooooph, I don't think I'd want to hang around over there too long. ENJOY the weekend!

Sounds right. I remember our house being tented growing up, and then later my DW experienced that with the little duplex we were living in in Orange not long after we married, maybe a year or so. We just HAD to go away for the weekend. It's not exactly fun, but it is necessary.

Oops, 2012, sorry. 20th anniversary. If it was next year, I would be looking into the "how difficult is it to......fill in the blank......" questions here on this thread!

Stopher, you have the best vacation schedule of anyone out there! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:goodvibes
Ahhh, thanks Muushka! :flower3:

20 years :woohoo: - very good stuff. What time of year is that? When are you planning on being out there? Any chance it's later in the year in that first weekend of December so you can plan around getting to Candlelight? :confused3 Wouldn't that just work out really well... :cloud9: but of course that's just a 1 in 52 chance, now isn't it.

Christopher, by the count down on your signature, it looks like you are going to be at VGC on the 28th? I am going to DL for the day, cuz I'm taking my DD(13 on that day) and her friend for her birthday. I know it will be crowded in DL, but I have lots of experience on how to handle that. I then have a trip in a one bedroom the next weekend!

We don't have plans to attend CP (we have attended one in 2005 when Dick VanDyke was the narrator), but we will encounter lots of folks in DLR, too. I am going to the AP sale on Dec 4 at the World of Disney. Lucky for me, I can just roll out of bed go to the sale and then lug my loot back to my room! I couldn't have planned that better. I don't know if my DH would agree.

Anyway, safe travels and I hope we can run into each other at the Happiest Place On Earth some day.

Yes, we've been putting it off for over three years. Being "crazy cat ladies" it's hard to find a place to put ourselves up with our kids for two days. Since my FIL passed last Winter and we got all the surgeries out of the way we finally are biting the bullet and taking care of it. Not easy when you have 4 freezers, three fridges and mulitple apartments! I have about 10 more minutes before I have to start moving stuff to the FILs place and then herding cats! :rotfl2:

Christopher, by the count down on your signature, it looks like you are going to be at VGC on the 28th? I am going to DL for the day, cuz I'm taking my DD(13 on that day) and her friend for her birthday. I know it will be crowded in DL, but I have lots of experience on how to handle that. I then have a trip in a one bedroom the next weekend!

We don't have plans to attend CP (we have attended one in 2005 when Dick VanDyke was the narrator), but we will encounter lots of folks in DLR, too. I am going to the AP sale on Dec 4 at the World of Disney. Lucky for me, I can just roll out of bed go to the sale and then lug my loot back to my room! I couldn't have planned that better. I don't know if my DH would agree.

Anyway, safe travels and I hope we can run into each other at the Happiest Place On Earth some day.

Yes we will be. We are very excited. It's been 10 years since the last time we were able to be at DL that late in December. So yeah, it will be busy - and my DW will go nuts, but that's just part of it. When we lived in Orange (10 yrs ago), we could just go home if the park was packed... sure now we can go back to our room, but you don't fly from Indiana too often, so you just have to suck it up and make the best of it!! I hope that you have a wonderful time with your DD. Maybe we will run into each other some time...

Yes, we've been putting it off for over three years. Being "crazy cat ladies" it's hard to find a place to put ourselves up with our kids for two days. Since my FIL passed last Winter and we got all the surgeries out of the way we finally are biting the bullet and taking care of it. Not easy when you have 4 freezers, three fridges and mulitple apartments! I have about 10 more minutes before I have to start moving stuff to the FILs place and then herding cats! :rotfl2:

Ha! Good luck! How many of the critters do you have? Big cat lover here.:thumbsup2

Ha! Good luck! How many of the critters do you have? Big cat lover here.:thumbsup2

I don't like to give the number on public forums! :lmao: You don't need your toes to count them, but you do need both hands! They are now in their new home, the smallest and one with a disability is fine, first thing she did was to chow down, to contrast, another one wouldn't even come out of the carrier! I hope I can get back over there soon. The termite guys are running late.

to bring this all back around to Disney...I sure wish they had some rooms allocated for pet lovers where we could bring our critters along!

...to bring this all back around to Disney...I sure wish they had some rooms allocated for pet lovers where we could bring our critters along!

I know what you mean. We have two rabbits, three cats, and a dog (also two horses, but they are boarded near our home), and going away is such a hassle. We used to have my DMIL come by twice a day to play and check up on them, but she has not been able to do come by year. We ended up hiring a friend who has a pet sitting business. She has worked out just fine. BYW, I wouldn't bring all of them on vacation with us!

I know what you mean. We have two rabbits, three cats, and a dog (also two horses, but they are boarded near our home), and going away is such a hassle. We used to have my DMIL come by twice a day to play and check up on them, but she has not been able to do come by year. We ended up hiring a friend who has a pet sitting business. She has worked out just fine. BYW, I wouldn't bring all of them on vacation with us!

I wouldn't bring them all either, but we have one cat who likes to travel when we traveled a lot we would bring her along. She even flew to Chicago with us once and stayed at the Palmer House Hilton, we came home to find her in the pillows one night.

Photo_071806_001.jpg

OK back to regularly scheduled programming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter