• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The views from Paradise Pier Hotel

WanderlustNZ

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm in the process of weighing the pros and cons of staying onsite and had a couple of quick questions.

From the premium view rooms, can you also see the Disneyland Fireworks? If yes, do they play the music on the TV channel?

On the flipside, from the rooftop pool area, can you see World of Colour and do they pipe in music for this? If no, is there anywhere in the hotel that someone with a standard view room could can go for free to watch World of Colour?

Thanks in advance. :)

If you get a view room and on the right floor, yes you can see the fireworks. They do have a channel that plays the music. But I would also ask. View room doesn't always mean that you are facing the direction of The fireworks. you are just facing the parks. We were once at a view facing room on one of the top floors but there was too much fog

I am not sure about World of Color. I've had rooms facing that direction and you are somewhat behind the screen. You can see the water but not the imagery. I would assume that this would be the case for the pool. But the pool isn't high enough to see, I believe

If you get a view room and on the right floor, yes you can see the fireworks. They do have a channel that plays the music. But I would also ask. View room doesn't always mean that you are facing the direction of The fireworks. you are just facing the parks. We were once at a view facing room on one of the top floors but there was too much fog I am not sure about World of Color. I've had rooms facing that direction and you are somewhat behind the screen. You can see the water but not the imagery. I would assume that this would be the case for the pool. But the pool isn't high enough to see, I believe

Thanks Idyj :)

Don't think you can see WoC from the pool deck considering there is a hotel tower between the pool deck and Paradise Pier lagoon.

We had an upper level Theme Park View and we could NOT see the fireworks, however it was an amazing view of WOC. Excuse my VERY CRUDE drawing, but this set up is always hard to explain to people until they are there. You look at DCA from the FRONT of the PPH hotel. You look at the fireworks from the BACK, SIDE of the PPH pool deck on the third floor. It juts out a little on the side and you're able to see off and over into Disneyland.

+++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++
Disneyland DCA

PPH HOTEL
VIEW ROOMS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
oooooooooooooooooooooo
o o
oooooooooooooooooooooo
Corner
of Pool Deck
For Disneyland
Fireworks

From the 12th floor, center of the building...

1661783_10203341353718147_358861735_n.jpg

I've only been able to see the fireworks once in a view room. I was the second to last room on the katella side of the hotel. We had to stand in the far right corner of the window to see. They piped in the music on the TV. Watching WOC from the room is awesome! Obviously, you don't see most of the projections, but with the audio on the TV, you can tell what's going on. It's nice. I've watched lots of shows there. We were there 5 nights when WOC was brand new and I took our youngest DS back to the room every night for bed. So I got to watch both shows a night from the room.

I know they pipe in the music on the pool deck for fireworks and I've also seen people go out on the little balcony on the end of each floor too, but both always look really crowded to me. I don't think you can see WOC from the pool deck, it's not high enough up (3rd floor). To my knowledge, if you have a standard room you cannot see WOC anywhere else in the hotel.

We have been in the theme park view room twice and never could see the fireworks, though you can from the north end of the hallway and the pool deck.
World of Color was fun to watch form the room.

We have seen the fireworks from our room twice. Both times we where in rooms 1334 and 1338. As far as WOC you can see that from the view rooms like most said you don't really see the projection though. As far as seeing WOC from the rooftop pool which is on the 3rd floor I have only watched the fireworks from there which they piped in the music for.

Thanks so much everyone. That info is very helpful. Also, thanks for the great pics!

Another quick question hopefully someone knows the answer to.

Besides the Accessible rooms, do all the 2 Queen rooms have the single sofa bed?

Thanks so much everyone. That info is very helpful. Also, thanks for the great pics! Another quick question hopefully someone knows the answer to. Besides the Accessible rooms, do all the 2 Queen rooms have the single sofa bed?

That's would be a definite YES...that's why they have max occupancy of 5 at PPH rooms with 2 queens

Kia ora! We stayed in Paradise Pier this past October and had a fantastic view of CA. (We paid for a standard view - happy surprise!) We could have seen WoC very well. Unfortunately it was a VERY windy day and WoC was canceled. :-( Ditto for the fireworks, so I couldn't try to see them from the pool deck.

Kia ora! We stayed in Paradise Pier this past October and had a fantastic view of CA. (We paid for a standard view - happy surprise!) We could have seen WoC very well. Unfortunately it was a VERY windy day and WoC was canceled. :-( Ditto for the fireworks, so I couldn't try to see them from the pool deck.

Kia ora to you too. :goodvibes

Congrats on the upgrade. I love those sort of surprises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter