The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have no clue if i'm in this population, since I deposited last night and am in contract limbo like a bunch of other suckers :-D

Maybe we should make our own thread of “suckers in contract limbo” 😂🤣

I’m dying here-seems like there is no rhyme or reason to the order things are begging processed right now. (Not complaining just excited!!!)

I called and was added via phone at 12:35 CST yesterday but I’ve seen others who called later in the day already have their points.

It must be factors like:
previous direct vs. resale
Cash vs. finance
Same UY or new UY

FWIW, my guide DID say that luggage gift was based on position in queue.

Didn’t buy for luggage but hope I get it. Guide said this morning I would but could’ve been before all the contracts got loaded

Quick question. When will I be able to use these new VGF2 points (March UY) to book a vacation in 2023? Was planning on taking advantage of the 11 month window and booking in early June for early May 2023, but is this dependent on the actual opening date this summer?

Quick question. When will I be able to use these new VGF2 points (March UY) to book a vacation in 2023? Was planning on taking advantage of the 11 month window and booking in early June for early May 2023, but is this dependent on the actual opening date this summer?
I think you can book anytime after June 19th - I was playing around with mine and I could use mine to book in July 2022 (I have Feb UY)

Does anyone know how much the closing costs are for a 50 point contract?

What exactly is the document prep fee?
How is it different from closing costs?
Splitting contracts is a minimal difference in closing costs, but adding an extra $250 for each adds up.

The $250 is part of the closing costs but the same no matter size of contract. The other closing costs change based on side of contract And include things like mortgage tax, title insurance, etc. that are paid out.

The fee is basically what Disney charges for their work.

My guide finally got around to promoting it.

“The time is here! We’re so excited to announce the sale of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa beginning today!

As the crown jewel of Disney Vacation Club, this beloved Resort offers relaxing stays in accommodations featuring a harmonious blend of Victorian elegance and modern comforts.”

They are excited to say the least. 😂

Just a brief congratulations, and thank you, for being so dead on right regarding the VGF2 pricing from the moment it was announced. Having just bought some points for $255, I was initially disbelieving but your arguments convinced me pretty quickly. You clearly know what you’re talking about!

lol - thanks. Just have consistently seen it being done the same way. I think every resort has the predictions that it is the one that will break that mold. Maybe the next one. ;)

Does anyone know how much the closing costs are for a 50 point contract?
Doc prep fee 250
Recording fee 18.50
City/county stamp/tax 72.80
Title insurance 60.10 (I think?)

The doc prep fee and recording fee appear to be fixed regardless of contract size. The stamp/tax and title insurance vary.

I’m wondering if all of these sales are abnormal, or if it’s common when a new resort goes on sale? This frenzy seems unusual to me, but I haven’t been a member through other new properties so I don’t know. Is this selling faster or does it just feel
like it to those of us following online?

It's common. Also fairly common when they do an announcement that a resort is about to sell out and it's the last chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter