The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We already knew that. I mean, the building already exists and you can see most of them don't have balconies. It's not like they're going to add on balconies in a moneygrab flip.
I didn’t realize there weren’t balconies either! I think I’m officially out for VGF2. I’ll add on at RIV or get some AKV points. For me, coffee on the balcony is one of my favorite parts of my trip.
FYI: Of the 101 resort studios included in this declaration, it appears that 98 will have balconies. The three studios that probably won't have balconies are located on the 5th floor, including the Tower studio on that floor.

So on timing it’s possible

1- dvc waiting until March 3 when current riv incentives expire so they can offer gfv and riv incentives
2- dvc will announce gfv prior to March 3 with super short incentives that also expire March 3 but these will offer the likeliest best incentives to drive early sales
3- dvc will announce prior to March 3 and do whatever they like with no connected dates to riv dates
4- I have covid brain and dvc does none of the above

i do hope for #2

Hoping for #2 as well!

I hope so!
Connecting rooms are guaranteed if traveling with only two adults and children, correct? Thinking two full bathrooms may be worth the tradeoff if we don't have enough points for a 2 bedroom (or are wanting to save points for another trip). Points are comparable for 2 studios vs 1 bedroom. Something to consider. Maybe others will feel the same and want two studios as well.

I would be tempted to book the resort studio just for those tower rooms! (not that they have connecting rooms though) I wish they would've made them a separate booking category, but I guess there aren't enough of them to justify it.

No. They will not guarantee them but I know at Poly there have been very few reports that it did not happen.

So on timing it’s possible

1- dvc waiting until March 3 when current riv incentives expire so they can offer gfv and riv incentives
2- dvc will announce gfv prior to March 3 with super short incentives that also expire March 3 but these will offer the likeliest best incentives to drive early sales
3- dvc will announce prior to March 3 and do whatever they like with no connected dates to riv dates
4- I have covid brain and dvc does none of the above

i do hope for #2

I think it will be #1 with sales starting March 3rd but price given next two weeks!!

But I’d be happy with 2!

It’s cute, but it’s kinda lost on me. Would it be terrible for me to prefer the Incredibles theming 😬

😂

It's all subjective. I just don't associate The Incredibles with the Contemporary's motif.

When I walk into the A frame I'm expecting Tomorrowland-like retro modern. But it's current theming is all over the place. The Grand Canyon Concourse is 90's style blue, red, purple and black. The lobby and Steakhouse 71 is mid-century modern with Mary Blair-like monorail and Tomorrowland murals. The cash rooms are retro futuristic with The Incredibles theming. Bay Lake Tower has a pop art element to it.

You can say the same thing about VGF though with its Victorian old Floridian-style, but also Mary Poppins, Dumbo, The Happiest Millionaire (whatever that is), Alice in Wonderland (Splashpad) and Beauty & the Beast (Enchanted Rose).

I’m reading a lot of post on here about how people want VGF2 to be lees points per night than VGF1. I mean look there are a lot of DVC members that want two real queen beds, not a sleeper sofa. Plus the extra square footage. I would bet there are a lot of VGF1 buyers who now book VGF2 rooms. I think it’s perfectly fair for DVC to price it the same.

I’m reading a lot of post on here about how people want VGF2 to be lees points per night than VGF1. I mean look there are a lot of DVC members that want two real queen beds, not a sleeper sofa. Plus the extra square footage. I would bet there are a lot of VGF1 buyers who now book VGF2 rooms. I think it’s perfectly fair for DVC to price it the same.
I think it’s fair, but I think it’s more of the fact that lower point rooms book up faster, so if they were lower points, then those just looking for the cheaper rooms would book there leaving the already small number of deluxe studios available for those that really want them (like the original owners).
But, I’m happy they didn’t make the new resort studios more points making the deluxe studios more enticing with the lower points.

They started sales for RIV 8 months prior to opening though so given the short time between now and when these are bookable, hopefully the start sales sometime this month!!

I do like there will be connecting rooms and while not guaranteed, at least it’s possible.
I tend to think if you request it you will morelikely get it especially since 82 of the 100 rooms are connecting. Unless you book in a 30 day window where availability is already limited

I only stayed at VGF once but it seemed a hike to the bus stop and quick service. I think VGF2 has a better location.

Has anyone been there lately? Have they started renovating?

I tend to think if you request it you will morelikely get it especially since 82 of the 100 rooms are connecting. Unless you book in a 30 day window where availability is already limited

I agree that is is almost all but guaranteed because it’s not been an issue at Poly.

I only stayed at VGF once but it seemed a hike to the bus stop and quick service. I think VGF2 has a better location.

Has anyone been there lately? Have they started renovating?
We were at VGF in December. The walk to the buses and quick service food isn't short but certainly not unbearable. I'd say probably relatively equivalent to the walk from BLT to the Contemporary lobby for food.

In terms of VGF2, the location is probably "better" but I guess it all depends on what's most important to you - i.e., do you need a kitchenette? What type of bed(s) do you prefer? etc.

We were at VGF in December. The walk to the buses and quick service food isn't short but certainly not unbearable. I'd say probably relatively equivalent to the walk from BLT to the Contemporary lobby for food.

In terms of VGF2, the location is probably "better" but I guess it all depends on what's most important to you - i.e., do you need a kitchenette? What type of bed(s) do you prefer? etc.

To add to what you said, you can get to the buses and Gasprillas from VGF1 under covered walkways if raining. Can’t do that from Big Pone Key!

Obviously you have not stayed at BWV, or AKV. Now those hallways are longgggg. VGF1 has a covered walkway. Really a piece of cake walk. But I guess that is all relative….

I am really interested to see room D. Seems like it could be unique

edit
82 out of the 101 rooms have connecting doors

i will be sure to be making requests for no connecting doors

View attachment 644771
Room D is very interesting. I wonder if that is similar to the alt studios at CCV? Also, I would be really upset if I got a room without a balcony. I wonder if they will hold the non-balcony rooms for cash reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter