The Updated and All-Inclusive Costume Thread

My costumes are run tested and ready to pack! The glasses go with all three, but I forgot I had them on my face until the last photo. 🙃

5K both WDW and DL:
20231230_150216.jpg

10K WDW, Half DL:
20231230_150331.jpg

Half WDW, 10K DL:
20231230_150555.jpg

In action with the under layer:
20231230_142735.jpg

Attachments

• 20231230_142735.jpg
    20231230_142735.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14
Does anyone know how tulle handles rain? I'm bringing a backup sparkle skirt but I'd rather run in the tutu, unless it's going to get waterlogged and fall down. 🤣

I finally got my DL costumes ready!

5K—I have a ribbon of feathers that I’m going to attach to the bottom of the dress, but since they shed like mad, and I’d like to have a couple feathers left on race morning, I’ve left them in their packaging for travel. I also have a long sleeve white shirt I’ll be packing in case I feel cold (yoga morning should be a good gauge of how I’ll feel for the 5K)
IMG_0245.jpeg

10K—I have nude-ish leggings to wear under this because it’ll be a little below my shorts-weather temp threshold. Also, some crinoline
IMG_6652.jpeg

Half—I’ll have either black leggings or black shorts under this. Possibly also my crinoline, depending on how it feels after the 10K
IMG_0244.jpeg

I finally got my DL costumes ready!

5K—I have a ribbon of feathers that I’m going to attach to the bottom of the dress, but since they shed like mad, and I’d like to have a couple feathers left on race morning, I’ve left them in their packaging for travel. I also have a long sleeve white shirt I’ll be packing in case I feel cold (yoga morning should be a good gauge of how I’ll feel for the 5K)
View attachment 822700

10K—I have nude-ish leggings to wear under this because it’ll be a little below my shorts-weather temp threshold. Also, some crinoline
View attachment 822708

Half—I’ll have either black leggings or black shorts under this. Possibly also my crinoline, depending on how it feels after the 10K
View attachment 822710
Super cute! And I hear you on the shedding. I bought a sparkle skirt off Etsy for my Maleficent costume for Princess, tested it out in Houston, and wound up picking up the sparkles I'd gotten all over my Godparents' house because the skirt was shedding! I didn't know if I would wear it to Princess, but I finally got the perfect tank for it, so the skirt's in a ziplock bag. I'll shed sparkles during the race.

flat me.jpg

Flat me for tomorrow! (No thunderstorms please and thank you!)

Yes I know Cookie Monster isn't technically Disney, but I like him and it feels Disney-esque. Plus it was easy for very not-crafty me to put together.

Hope to see some of you at HH this afternoon and then dark and early tomorrow morning!

View attachment 823148

Flat me for tomorrow! (No thunderstorms please and thank you!)

Yes I know Cookie Monster isn't technically Disney, but I like him and it feels Disney-esque. Plus it was easy for very not-crafty me to put together.

Hope to see some of you at HH this afternoon and then dark and early tomorrow morning!
I love it! Plus, muppets are Disney and Cookie Monster is a muppet so it counts. Even though I don’t think Disney has the rights to the Sesame Street specific muppets.

I meant to post this right after the WDW 5k, but did anyone notice that they showed two people with a slinky costume on the screen? So much for the new costume rules…

I meant to post this right after the WDW 5k, but did anyone notice that they showed two people with a slinky costume on the screen? So much for the new costume rules…
Yes!! Between that, not being able to hear 90% of the people they interviewed, and broken foot Dopey guy, it was something

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring a tutu back to life that got wet and is now curly? The downpour in the marathon didn't treat it well and the trip in the suitcase home didn't help. I would like to keep it for my niece to use for dressing up in the future but not sure how she would feel about a tutu that looks like a dog ran with it through a sprinkler (which is close to how I felt in it during the rain)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring a tutu back to life that got wet and is now curly? The downpour in the marathon didn't treat it well and the trip in the suitcase home didn't help. I would like to keep it for my niece to use for dressing up in the future but not sure how she would feel about a tutu that looks like a dog ran with it through a sprinkler (which is close to how I felt in it during the rain)

Depends on the material, but you might try tossing it in the dryer on low heat (or even just air dry) with a couple of fabric softener sheets.

Maybe a light spritz with some water from a spray bottle first? Just be careful with heat if it's hard tulle, which is basically plastic.

Out of curiosity... don't costume guidelines prevent people from getting dressed up as Cast Members?

I saw I don't know how many people either dressed up as PhotoPass employees or VIP guides during Marathon Weekend and I thought that was a big no-no? But I don't see it in the costume guidelines, so it might apply only in the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter