The unofficial waiting to make Be Our Guest ADRs thread-8/20 7am

I really want to see it, but am I the only one not excited by the menu? We are going to try and stop in for the lunch crowd but passing on the dinner.
:scratchin

I really want to see it, but am I the only one not excited by the menu? We are going to try and stop in for the lunch crowd but passing on the dinner.
I am in complete agreement lol! I don't want to waste one of our TS on this! I would love to go for lunch though.....

No, not just you. I feel the same way about the menu. Trouble is, we are really wanting to experience the restaurant and most likely won't brave the lunch crowds if we don't have an ADR for dinner. Still not sure what to do. I'd be giving up our ADR at California Grill if I was able to snag one for BOG.

I am in complete agreement lol! I don't want to waste one of our TS on this! I would love to go for lunch though.....

I fully expect when they begin taking ADRs end of Aug, that they will not to be available until dates in early January. Since they are saying about soft opening starting November 19, I suspect it will be like when Via Napoli opened the first month or so it will be on a walk up basis no ADRs being taken. I think it is also quite possible that during the preview period Nov 19 to Dec 6 it may just operate during lunch ?

If it is open when I am there I may try lunch unless the lines are too long

I am not crazy about the menu but I am sure I can find at least one thing I would be willing to try! My daughter who is picky picky will prob be a little stuck unless they have some fruit. :).

I can't decide if we should give up park faire dinner for bog..or just try counter service. Decisions decisions. If only all my decisions were like this in life!!

I fully expect when they begin taking ADRs end of Aug, that they will not to be available until dates in early January. Since they are saying about soft opening starting November 19, I suspect it will be like when Via Napoli opened the first month or so it will be on a walk up basis no ADRs being taken. I think it is also quite possible that during the preview period Nov 19 to Dec 6 it may just operate during lunch ?

So sad wish we were going to be there Nov 19 it is my DDs bday and her fav princess lol. Course I don't think I would want to be there Nov 19 even if we could get in. :crazy2:

In the comments section of the Disney Parks Blog release, the blog author stated that ADRs would be taken in late August for anyone wishing to dine after Nov. 19th. I assume that means they will be making ADRs for Nov and Dec.

In the comments section of the Disney Parks Blog release, the blog author stated that ADRs would be taken in late August for anyone wishing to dine after Nov. 19th. I assume that means they will be making ADRs for Nov and Dec.

I do hope your correct then I might make an ADR for dinner, but the way I am reading how they mention soft opening below and in the past how they did not take reservations during the soft opening time period like in the case of Via Napoli. I just wish they would give more details soon!

UPDATE: According to some responses on the Disney Parks Blog, “We’ll begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest in late August for guests who wish to dine after Nov. 19. Stay tuned for more details!” Since “previews begin November 19th”, I’m guessing this means the restaurant may be soft-opening after that date. So those of you with reservations after November 19th have a great chance of getting in!
_________

I do hope your correct then I might make an ADR for dinner, but the way I am reading how they mention soft opening below and in the past how they did not take reservations during the soft opening time period like in the case of Via Napoli. I just wish they would give more details soon!

UPDATE: According to some responses on the Disney Parks Blog, “We’ll begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest in late August for guests who wish to dine after Nov. 19. Stay tuned for more details!” Since “previews begin November 19th”, I’m guessing this means the restaurant may be soft-opening after that date. So those of you with reservations after November 19th have a great chance of getting in!
_________

This whole "after Nov 19" is what's killing me. We were initially planning Nov 17 & 18 as our MK days...thankfully, we're there through the afternoon of the 21st. I have to keep the 18th as an MK day b.c I don't think I'll find another 8am BBB in the castle at this point, but this vague info has me up in the air on the 19th vs. the 20th. I asked for clarification on the Disney Parks Blog, but didn't get any. The insiders on another site seem to think it was a poor choice of wording and ADRs will be offered for the 19th, but it feels pretty deliberate to use the word "after." Ugh- hoping they offer the specifics VERY SOON!

subbing. we are considering a Jan 2013 trip and already have some ADRs booked. I'm waiting for this one to go live!

:cool1:

_________

Yea!! I'm going the end of January and want to make an ADR the day they start accepting reservations! Right now I've got CRT for breakfast and Crystal Palace for dinner. I've never been to Crystal Palace so wanted to try it this trip but think Be our Guest will be the better choice if I can get a ressie!!!

This whole "after Nov 19" is what's killing me. We were initially planning Nov 17 & 18 as our MK days...thankfully, we're there through the afternoon of the 21st. I have to keep the 18th as an MK day b.c I don't think I'll find another 8am BBB in the castle at this point, but this vague info has me up in the air on the 19th vs. the 20th. I asked for clarification on the Disney Parks Blog, but didn't get any. The insiders on another site seem to think it was a poor choice of wording and ADRs will be offered for the 19th, but it feels pretty deliberate to use the word "after." Ugh- hoping they offer the specifics VERY SOON!

Can't guarantee this info but on the Disney Forum someone asked the opening and someone posted this:

The Disney Parks Blog just announced a few days ago that a NEW portion of the Fantasyland Expansion, including the opening of the much anticipated Be Our Guest Restaurant, is scheduled for December 6th, 2012. WOO HOO! I can't WAIT to see and experience this NEW Fantasyland Expansion!!!! I KNOW it is going to be truly MAGICAL!!!

The Fantasyland Expansion MAGIC will continue as we patiently wait (at least we are trying to wait patiently) for the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall in 2013 and the opening of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in 2014.

loveshak22 said:
Yea!! I'm going the end of January and want to make an ADR the day they start accepting reservations! Right now I've got CRT for breakfast and Crystal Palace for dinner. I've never been to Crystal Palace so wanted to try it this trip but think Be our Guest will be the better choice if I can get a ressie!!!

I am in the same boat .... But be our guest is not a character experience .... I kinda want to do them all since it's our first trip!

I am in the same boat .... But be our guest is not a character experience .... I kinda want to do them all since it's our first trip!

Frist trip tp WDW!! Exciting! You will love it! Let me know what you decide - LOL! Im thinking maybe I'll cancel the CRT reservation and do CP for breakfast and then Be our Guest for dinner?? I love Winnie and Tigger more than the princess thing but I really want to do CRT at some point...so many tough decisions!! I guess the good thing is that we can't go wrong with any of our choices and we'll just have to keep going back to experience it all :)

Can't guarantee this info but on the Disney Forum someone asked the opening and someone posted this:

The Disney Parks Blog just announced a few days ago that a NEW portion of the Fantasyland Expansion, including the opening of the much anticipated Be Our Guest Restaurant, is scheduled for December 6th, 2012. WOO HOO! I can't WAIT to see and experience this NEW Fantasyland Expansion!!!! I KNOW it is going to be truly MAGICAL!!!

The Fantasyland Expansion MAGIC will continue as we patiently wait (at least we are trying to wait patiently) for the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall in 2013 and the opening of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in 2014.

Right- the grand opening is on the 6th of December; however, we also know the preview for the general public starts on Nov 19th and the Disney Parks blogs is specifically stating...

"We will begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest Restaurant in late August for guests hoping to dine at the restaurant after Nov. 19. Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for Pam Brandon’s post that will announce when these reservations will open."

So, with this...it sounds like ADRs will start on the 20th of Nov...even though the mass preview officially begins on the 19th. So that makes one wonder- Is BoG going to be walk ups only on the 19th? Is BoG going to be closed to the general public on the 19th? Is the "after" a poor choice of wording and ADRs will open for the 19th as well? Or something else?

My last day (and it's a partial day) is the 21st of November, so the early preview details are very important to my plan. ::yes::

So, with this...it sounds like ADRs will start on the 20th of Nov...even though the mass preview officially begins on the 19th. So that makes one wonder- Is BoG going to be walk ups only on the 19th? Is BoG going to be closed to the general public on the 19th? Is the "after" a poor choice of wording and ADRs will open for the 19th as well? Or something else?

My last day (and it's a partial day) is the 21st of November, so the early preview details are very important to my plan. ::yes::

Ahhh - missed that detail! Good luck and hopefully they'll release some info soon! :goodvibes

Unfortunately, if it's anything like the Candlelight Processional dining packages this year, they weren't loaded in the system until about 7:15. Tried constantly from 6-7am, finally picked up the phone and got in queue at 7am, and actually had the online option show up while still on hold. Could have been alot more efficient, hopefully it's different this time, fingers crossed!

This was my CP experience as well. At 3AM my time.... LOL

Where did you find the menu?

If you look easrlier in the thread not only are the details of what is known posted but so is a link to the Food Blog where the info came from. It is still unknown what the complete menu and prices will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter