The ultimate Epcot DVC resort: Boardwalk or Beach Club?

MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
I’m sure there’s a thread about this but I couldn’t find it in my (admittedly weak) search!

I’ve been contemplating buying a contract at either BWV or BCV for a while now and I just want to hear what y’all think. Why do you prefer one over the other?

I actually already own at Riviera and love it so we don’t really need another “Epcot resort” but my family also loves variety and boardwalk and beach club are consistently the hardest to book at 7 months for the times we like to go and we really love the vibes on crescent lake so much.

Just hoping to get a fuller picture before making any decisions and would love to hear all the good, bad and ugly you can give me!

I prefer BCV for the flatter walk to Epcot and the way DVC portion connects to the QS area.

We also always have had a consistently nicer vacation at BCV, which is just coincidence. If I stayed there with pre-teen/tween kids the main pool would be a nightmare, IMO. I already told my daughter that if she wants to take our grandkids to Disney that's on her and our contribution will be the resort stay. I've already spent a portion of parental life herding kids thru WDW so her turn now.

Definitely team BCV but BWV is my 2nd fave.

Pros @ BCV
1. Quieter than BWV
2. Proximity to Skyliner & Epcot (those extra steps to BWV take its toll)
3. Pool
4. Dining options
5. DVC rooms proximity to main lobby
6. Smaller and much harder to get at 7m than any other resort

Pros @ BWV
1. Community hall
2. Lower points chart
3. Boardwalk area

A few things to break it down as well:
  • Dining
    • The benefit of the Epcot area is the variety around the various resorts and inside Epcot itself.
    • Are we really breaking down Flying Fish, Boardwalk Bakery, Cake Shop (coming soon), Big River, Trattoria VS Marketplaces, Beaches, Cape May?
    • If we are comparing resort to resort remember Yachtsman is part of Yacht Club not Beach Club and are two different resorts.
  • Proximity to Epcot/Skyliner
    • So Epcot matters for the evenings while Hollywood Studio matters for rope drop
    • BW also gets the boat before BCV as well even at rope drop I saw them not starting a boat at BCV
    • I like the benefit of a shorter walk from HS when the Boats/Skyliner are both shut down because of weather in the area
  • Proximity to main lobby
    • Is this a thing? Like why does this matter in the slightest? Maybe distance to busses at AKV is a turn off but that is to the busses not Lobby when you can do everything except pay your balance in the app or on the room phone.
  • Hard to get
    • Not a benefit of either its just which one gets booked first (primarily because people love or think they will love the pool)
  • Pool
    • I will say if you have younger kids its actually a step back. You also pick up a playground at BWV that you don't get at BCV.
    • I found much of the draw of Stormalong was it LOOKED like a water park setup but in the end if you ever have been to other resorts in the US that have indoor water parks it doesn't hold a candle.

• Pool
    • I will say if you have younger kids its actually a step back. You also pick up a playground at BWV that you don't get at BCV.
    • I found much of the draw of Stormalong was it LOOKED like a water park setup but in the end if you ever have been to other resorts in the US that have indoor water parks it doesn't hold a candle.
We will be going next August with a 5-year-old (turning 6 in January 2025) is the Beach Club pool an issue for kids her age?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter