The Turkey Butt family is having Thanksgiving at Mickey's House! -- UPDATED 10/19

Stargazer

Second star to the right and straight on till morn
First off, let's get the intros out of the way:

Why did I name this "The Turkey Butt" family PTR?
It's a bit of a family joke. DH began calling me this while we were still dating; neither of us remembers why, but the nickname has stuck. Because DD is basically my twin when it comes to mannerisms and attitude, she became Little Turkey Butt.

We became known in the neighborhood as the Turkey Butt family over Thanksgiving. I found a really cute (and a bit gawdy) turkey windsock that I hung on the front porch. But, everytime it would get stuck on the hanger and thus, showing its behind. While we were visiting with a few of the neighbors, they commented on our fall decorations. My lovely DD took this opportunity to say, "Yeah, we're the Turkey Butt house. Daddy calls me and mommy that anyway, so it's perfect!"

Now whenever we see the 3 different families, we are known as the Turkey Butt family.

Alright, more formally ~ Here's a bit of background on my family:

image139-1.jpg

Me (aka Misty) -- 31 yr old. I love stargazing, camping/hiking, reading, baseball games, gardening, photography (you'll see alot of it throughout), planning vacations, and my family! I work for an agricultural finance company that keeps me busy most of the time.
I'll admit, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I've learned to go with the flow over our past vacations. I love everything about Disney, but my absolute favorites are Wishes, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, and Philharmagic.

DH (aka Rod) -- 30 yr old (never lets me forget he's 9 months younger) kid at heart. He doesn't have time for alot of hobbies, but is addicted to the Yankees and paintball. He's an industrial electrician.
It took alot for him to admit that he'd been bit by the Disney bug. After our first trip, he wanted it known that we were not going back until DD was 10. Well, after planning a trip to Daytona the following year, he surprised the heck outta me by announcing after watching Enchanted, "How hard would it be to switch plans? I'm really feeling Disney right about now." So, despite the eye rolls and sighs, he really does love it!

DD (aka Cailyn) -- my girly tomboy! She'll be 8 on this trip. She takes after DH that she can make friends wherever she goes and constantly starts up conversations with everyone (whether she knows them or not).
Loves all things sparkly, singing, being outside, HSM, Camp Rock and Hannah Montana. Don't get me wrong, she still loves the princesses too, but not as much as our 1st trip, which gets me a little :sad1: that's she's growing up so fast. Her favorite thing at Disney are the rides. When I asked her which was her favorite, her response was "That's like asking what my favorite candy is!" so we'll just leave it that she likes them all!

So, how did this trip come to be?

I've been hinting since March that I really wish we could go either Thanksgiving or Christmas since I'd only have to use 3 days vacation and our DD would be out or miss very little of school. But DH couldn't be swayed -- but when I got that little e-mail from Disney Destinations with the "too good to be true offer" for part of the dates I've been looking at, I just knew I had to try again.

Being the good DIS'er I am, I went ahead and priced all different options before I went home last night. I waited for the opportunity to bring it into conversation and after DD had gone to sleep, I brought it up. Of course, he said "Let's sleep on it and we'll talk about it tomorrow" but hey, at least it wasn't a "Are you crazy; no means no???"

The next morning, he called me at work and started asking more specific questions and BAM said those five magical words that every Disneyholic loves to hear "Go ahead and book it"

Soooo -- we are now booked for 6 nights at AsMU, BUT DD has no idea -- in fact, we're not planning to tell her at all until the day we leave!

What can y'all expect from this PTR?
To be honest, I don't really know just yet ;). BUT, I will tell ya that I'll be posting all of my thoughts, tips (when I have em), questions galore for the experts, and many TR of our other vacations this summer!

So, pull up a keyboard and join in :dance3:

UPDATED 10/19/09 -- mini-TR to St. Louis http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34004208&postcount=5

I'm bumping this up.... would love to hear about your plans since my family will be there about the same time!

:goodvibes

I know I've been MIA, but what a crazy summer :scared1:!!! OK - for the record, here's what's been planned:

Staying at All-Star Music 11/21 - 11/27
We are definitely going to drive (again) - plan to leave AR Friday afternoon and drive till we reach the Florida stateline (hopefully).

Here's my itinerary and ADR's:

Saturday, 11/21
Hope to arrive at resort between 1-2pm
Epcot
D: Tutto Italia - 6:05pm

Sunday, 11/22
Animal Kingdom
B: Donald's Safari Breakfast - 8:15am
L: Most likely Flame Tree BBQ
D: ?

Monday, 11/23
Epcot
B: Eating quick breakfast in room
L: Sunshine Gardens
D: Le Cellier - 7:30pm

Tuesday, 11/24
Magic Kingdom
B: Crystal Palace - 8:10am
L: ? - most likely either Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbour House
D: 1900 Park Fare - 5:35pm

Wednesday, 11/25
Magic Kingdom
B: Grab something quick from Main Street Bakery
L: ? - probably which ever one we don't end up at on Tuesday :confused3
D: Kona Cafe - 5:25pm

Thursday, 11/26 THANKSGIVING
Hollywood Studios
B: Grab something quick from Starring Rolls
L: 50s Prime Time - 12:20pm
D: Either CS or Beaches & Cream

Friday, 11/27
B: Chef Mickey's - 9:30am
Start the drive home :sad2:

So, for all you other Thanksgiving families, I hope you are all having an easy time planning and everything is falling into place! We're getting soooo very, very close to saying "just one more month!"

In the next few days, I'm going to start posting my "What I Did This Summer" (mainly to pass the time AND to try to take my mind off Disney for a bit so I don't switch anything else around :rotfl2:).

Another Thanksgiving Dis'er here! It is going by so fast...:banana:

Yes - thank goodness!!

Well, I promised y'all a few of my summer vacation trips. The first one is here:

"Meet Me in St. Louis"

We really wanted to start the summer off right, and for us, that meant a quick weekend trip to St. Louis. And just like every other time we go there, we joke around that we might just stay and never go home -- unfortunately, Cailyn thought we were actually serious this time and started to get very excited about the possibility of moving ... um, no - sorry kiddo!

We decided this time to start out our vacation at the St. Louis Science Museum. I couldn't believe after all our trips that we'd left this one off our "must-do list" -- just give us the terrible parents' award right now! This is such a great museum with tons of hand-on exhibits and when you add in dinosaurs and a planetarium, it's so right up our alley!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Rodney and Cailyn decided to make their own arch -- I promise I helped ... a little

7.jpg

And then, just to prove that she's growing up, Cailyn decided to see how tall she was now :sad:
6.jpg

We stayed all the way until closing and were just about the last ones to leave. All in all, it was a fabulous day and we'll definitely have to go back so we can catch all the things we missed!

I just have to say, my favorite thing about St. Louis is the fact that they have a Cheesecake Factory -- we absolutely have to go every time we're there!

Sunday's agenda was the Cardinals game!
19.jpg

20.jpg

We were so excited to see all the pooches in the park -- even in the bullpen
21.jpg

24.jpg

You couldn't have asked for better weather -- cool breeze, low humidity (yes, in June!)
23.jpg

29.jpg

The game was not a great one -- so I took advantage of the slow-pace and just took pictures instead
27.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

And no set of pictures would be complete without some of Molina -- Rodney seemed to do this :rolleyes1 every time I pulled out the camera :confused3
30.jpg

42.jpg

Well, you get the idea -- I can't post all of them I took or it would take up a whole thread :lmao:

After the loss :mad:, we decided to walk a bit and got some great pictures in front of the old courthouse:
14.jpg

15.jpg

Next up: Trip report to Hawaii (Big Island) :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter