The Trip Where Nothing Really Bad Happened - The End 6/1, Bonus Features: Disney 100 Celebration, Mickey Minnie Runaway Railway queue 2/8

Yay! Found your TR!

Sounds like everything is going smoothly so far. I am eager to see how you found touring was with the new normal. We are going in a few weeks to meet up with my husband's family and I am a little nervous. His sister put me in charge of dealing with the Genie+ and I am worried that I won't be able to match up with the rest of the group going.

That cinnamon bun looks decent! I like them with loads of cinnamon and no raisins!

Me too! Do you have Cinnabon in Canada?

Boom! This did make me laugh!

Well Mark us always talking about exploding helicopters to spice up his TRs! :rotfl2:

I love chicken parm! I think I've had eggpplant parm once and it was ok, but why have it when there's a crispy chicken breast to eat!

Yeah, I wanted to like it so that I could be more "plant friendly", but that just isn't happening. I just don't like plants that much even though I know it's better for me.

Looks pretty spot on to me, crispy but not disintegrating bacon!

OK, I know what you mean by disintegrating bacon. :lmao:

What's this going to be, do you know?

No idea. I don't have the time to keep up with new construction things. I barely had time to read about the new Guardians Coaster, which sounds like it's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

1 to lose right!

One to use and one to lose! As she says, I can lose three earrings before the set is unwearable. :thumbsup2

Love this shirt! Totally want it! Need pic of you in it!

It has to warm up enough for me to wear it! We have been having weather that barely gets into the 70s lately.

Ya we always group changed, I have no issues at all with it

::yes::

Stalking this white bird :rotfl2:

What? :confused3

Mmm I love poutine, so would be into this for sure!

I saw Poutine and was right on it.

Fried though, hmmm I think I'd want pillows too!

But yeah, the gnocchi were a little chewy for my taste.

Object being to use the brush to paint the cookie with blobs of icing

Not really sure. Fran ate most of it so not sure what she did with the icing. I had a bite and it was good enough.

Yummy yum yum! Favs?

We both liked the regular plain one best. :sad2:

mmmmm I want tiny tacos right now!!

We're having enchiladas tonight!

Ugh! Nope! Mine's bad enough, but that's awful. I used to do something like that (Up at 4:00-4:30 to be out of the house by 5:00 to get to work by 7:30 (yes 2.5hr commute) for my 8am-8pm shift.)... but I didn't work as hard physically as she must.

I've always had easy work days. I think the hardest I had it was in my 2nd to last year of school where I was working full-time and had classes Monday thru Thursday nights. Other than that I've had flexible hours and about 8 years of standard day job hours.

:thumbsup2
I hate when I break the yolk. Usually, when I'm cooking for others, I'll serve that one to myself.

I'm usually just cooking for me and her. I try to cook the two eggs together and flip them as one. I only eat one egg, so I couldn't swap them out.

Ugh...

:laughing: No!

Yeah, but if you'd said "We decided to wait until the monorail started running again"... then your next sentence would've been "After waiting for over an hour and a half, we decided to take the bus." And then you still would've said: "Fifteen minutes later we were waiting for an Epcot monorail when I saw the very same monorail that we were on, monorail red, pull into the TTC."
:lmao:

At one point I did suggest scooting over to MK, taking the bus to the Beach Club and going that route.

Nice. :)

Glad you got a DISmeet in. :)

We got to spend a good part of our day with them!

Oh! I didn't know about that. Is it in the same place?

Pretty much.

That sentence is something that bugs me about Disney. Gone are the days of shops with unique items. Now it seems you can get the same stuff everywhere.

Ah well.

What's even worse is we ask ourselves, "do they have this at our park? We wouldn't have to lug it across the country then."

Who wouldn't want a talking shirt!?!?
"Hey, bub. Move back a bit, will ya? You're rubbing me the wrong way... literally."

or

"Ate too much, huh? I can feel that belly growing against me as I speak."

:rolleyes1

:sad2:

:laughing:

Everyone?!?!?!?

Just how many friends, visitors and staff were within hearing range of this invitaion?

I whispered it.....

Whoa! With ease? That room is huge!

There was even room to turn around!

<sigh>
I need to do research on how all this works... :sad2:

Me too. I don't know if you have to reserve stuff day of, or if you can do it in advance. You can do it day of, but the big rides book up fast. I also don't know if you can hold more than one ride.

That's the one I would've picked. :)

It was yummy!

Good idea! But... what do you do with them between snacks? Do you wash them in a washroom each time?

We wipe them off with a napkin and Fran puts them in her pocket with the handle side down. Remember we all grew up in the generation where we drank out of garden hoses, and regularly consumed dirt by accident.

Jerk bird. Stand still!

Interesting sounding.

It was kind of weird.

Yes please. I'd be all over that.

Finally a drink without rum!

I'm looking forward to seeing that for the first time, too. :)

It's very cool, but then I get ahead of myself.

Disability Access Service
I have a friend who used it all the time.

I do too!

Better than standing in the line. ::yes::

Very much so!

Curious to see what you wind up with. :)

Spoiler alert: Nothing. We didn't buy anything. After tomorrow's update you'll understand why Fran felt compelled not to shop.

Oh! Nice! I miss her. :)

We do better the next day.

And I guessed wrong on both appie and main. (But to be fair, I only looked at the entrees and not the specials.)

You got to look at everything! Yelp has been my friend for new places to find out what the better items are.

Not a fan, so I guessed queso.

Well I went in thinking Queso, but Fran suggested guacamole and whenever she suggests something I try to go with it because so often I'm the one determining everything and often times I shut her down without thinking. So, if I am smart enough not to say, "Oh darn, I was hoping for...." she feels better and therefore I feel better.

I'd do that. ::yes::

It was a fun way to taste more things!

Yep. Blew that one. Guessed the tenderloin.

You should know that I rarely (pun intended) order tenderloin. Only if the menu is super limited. If I want steak, my go to choices are Rib Eye or skirt steak. Otherwise I'll get something more interesting. The last time I ordered tenderloin there was a choice of steak or salmon. As I was eating it I said to Fran, "This is really good, but it doesn't have the flavor of a Rib Eye."

Really! I've never even heard of it. Now I have to share that with DD. I'm going to try for Space, but if I can't get it (and most likely won't), then I'll maybe book this instead.

I tried for Space. I got up at some ungodly hour the day our reservation window opened. I tried for my last day first and it was fully booked, for the entire trip. You won't be sorry, except that you will have wished one or two other people joined you!

Ah yes. I've done that. Last night, actually...
I know that feeling. And every time you say to yourself that it's the last time.

It's been a long time for me, and I hope not to do it again.

Yay! Found your TR!

:welcome:

Sounds like everything is going smoothly so far.

Actually the monorail snafu was probably the worst thing that happened on the trip....Nowhere to go but UP!

I am eager to see how you found touring was with the new normal. We are going in a few weeks to meet up with my husband's family and I am a little nervous.

Well, the day we left was the day that they lifted the indoor mask mandate. I found that the majority of people were not wearing masks outside and most probably wouldn't have worn them indoors if they didn't have to. Fran wore hers constantly except in the room and when eating. I wore mine indoors and whenever we were in large crowds of people. By now it is probably a lot closer to normal than it was in February.

His sister put me in charge of dealing with the Genie+ and I am worried that I won't be able to match up with the rest of the group going.

I did not even bother with Genie+ this trip, but we did use the DAS. I suppose I better figure out how it works for next time.

I think the hardest I had it was in my 2nd to last year of school where I was working full-time and had classes Monday thru Thursday nights.
School plus work is tough. I did it when I was younger and school suffered.
I'm usually just cooking for me and her. I try to cook the two eggs together and flip them as one. I only eat one egg, so I couldn't swap them out.
Ah. Okay, I get that.
I don't know what it is, but whenever I break a yolk, I feel like I'm a lousy cook. Like I should be able to crack open (or flip) an egg, right???
We got to spend a good part of our day with them!
:goodvibes
What's even worse is we ask ourselves, "do they have this at our park? We wouldn't have to lug it across the country then."
Oh! Right, of course. I didn't even think of that part.
I whispered it.....
Okay.
There was even room to turn around!
Whoa!
Me too. I don't know if you have to reserve stuff day of, or if you can do it in advance. You can do it day of, but the big rides book up fast. I also don't know if you can hold more than one ride.
I don't know much about it. I've heard of something called stacking, but... not sure what it is or how to do it.
We wipe them off with a napkin and Fran puts them in her pocket with the handle side down. Remember we all grew up in the generation where we drank out of garden hoses, and regularly consumed dirt by accident.
:laughing: Good point.
Finally a drink without rum!
:woohoo:
I do too!
:laughing: Yes you do!
Spoiler alert: Nothing. We didn't buy anything. After tomorrow's update you'll understand why Fran felt compelled not to shop.
Uh, oh.... popcorn::
Well I went in thinking Queso, but Fran suggested guacamole and whenever she suggests something I try to go with it because so often I'm the one determining everything and often times I shut her down without thinking. So, if I am smart enough not to say, "Oh darn, I was hoping for...." she feels better and therefore I feel better.
I think you just described a successful marriage...
You should know that I rarely (pun intended) order tenderloin.
Actually, not sure I did know that. Or forgot it. I was thinking more... steak in general.
Only if the menu is super limited. If I want steak, my go to choices are Rib Eye or skirt steak.
Ah! Okay, got it now. We'll see if I can remember!
The last time I ordered tenderloin there was a choice of steak or salmon. As I was eating it I said to Fran, "This is really good, but it doesn't have the flavor of a Rib Eye."
I don't remember the last time I had Rib Eye.... forever ago.
I need to change that.
I tried for Space. I got up at some ungodly hour the day our reservation window opened. I tried for my last day first and it was fully booked, for the entire trip. You won't be sorry, except that you will have wished one or two other people joined you!
I really don't have any expectations at all that I'll get it. Especially since we're only doing Epcot one day. But I'll try. And almost certainly fail. But I've already talked to Elle and she's on board with that seafood platter. :)

School plus work is tough. I did it when I was younger and school suffered.

Luckily I only had to do that for one year, maybe three semesters. I know that for my final year (5th senior year) I was back in the music department. I spent my first four or five years doing music classes and hardly any GE, so those years where I was working all my classes at night were GE.

Ah. Okay, I get that.
I don't know what it is, but whenever I break a yolk, I feel like I'm a lousy cook. Like I should be able to crack open (or flip) an egg, right???

Do you fry the eggs all one at a time? I have no problem flipping one egg at a time. I have the problem when I'm trying to flip two eggs that I have blended the whites together, like they do in the breakfast spots that we frequent.

Oh! Right, of course. I didn't even think of that part.

A lot of the merchandise is sold on both coasts. Kitchenware, plush toys, games....it's only park specific stuff we buy....or like the 50th Anniversary merch.

I don't know much about it. I've heard of something called stacking, but... not sure what it is or how to do it.

I don't know anything, except I have learned to look up on the DL app how much they are charging for either RotR or Webslingers.

I think you just described a successful marriage...

🥰

Actually, not sure I did know that. Or forgot it. I was thinking more... steak in general.

We are sort of picky about steak, don't care for strip steaks either.....

Ah! Okay, got it now. We'll see if I can remember!

:teacher:

I don't remember the last time I had Rib Eye.... forever ago.
I need to change that.

Yes, you do. I have at least half a dozen in my freezer.

I really don't have any expectations at all that I'll get it. Especially since we're only doing Epcot one day. But I'll try. And almost certainly fail. But I've already talked to Elle and she's on board with that seafood platter. :)

I'm sure she will love it!

Luckily I only had to do that for one year, maybe three semesters. I know that for my final year (5th senior year) I was back in the music department. I spent my first four or five years doing music classes and hardly any GE, so those years where I was working all my classes at night were GE.
What's GE? General Education?
Do you fry the eggs all one at a time? I have no problem flipping one egg at a time. I have the problem when I'm trying to flip two eggs that I have blended the whites together, like they do in the breakfast spots that we frequent.
I fry them at the same time but flip individually, normally.
I usually don't break the yolks (when either flipping or cracking into the pan), but when I do... FAIL!
A lot of the merchandise is sold on both coasts. Kitchenware, plush toys, games....it's only park specific stuff we buy....or like the 50th Anniversary merch.
Ah, okay.
I take it you don't buy much plush or games, though?
I don't know anything, except I have learned to look up on the DL app how much they are charging for either RotR or Webslingers.
You already know more than me! :laughing:
We are sort of picky about steak, don't care for strip steaks either.....
Nor do I.
Yes, you do. I have at least half a dozen in my freezer.
I never eat frozen steak. Picky, I guess.
I'm sure she will love it!
I'll let you know (probably in a TR. :))

What's GE? General Education?

I fry them at the same time but flip individually, normally.

I try to make hers like they do at the many breakfast joints in Long Beach, except they give you three eggs with the yolks all joined together. I just give her two at home and try to join them, with not a lot of success, which is why I was so thrilled to have done it successfully on this occasion.

I usually don't break the yolks (when either flipping or cracking into the pan), but when I do... FAIL!

Ah, okay.
I take it you don't buy much plush or games, though?

Well....sometimes. we have a ton of Marie and other cats in plush. And she bought the Jungle Cruise game to play with Jenny and Michael.

You already know more than me!

I'm following a new (to me) person's TR who used it on her last trip and I'm asking questions.

I never eat frozen steak. Picky, I guess.

We buy all out meats when they are on sale. I have two freezers full of all kinds of meats and such. In fact I just made my 2022 "meat schedule" a couple weeks ago to ensure I go through all of them.

I'll let you know (probably in a TR. :))

Looking forward to it!

I'm at my parents right now, so I'm hoping to catch up a bit.....on a lot of things!

Story of my life!
I know, weird. This whole supply chain thing is bizarre.

Bizarre is one way to put it. ;)

I keep seeing this picture at glance and I think that they are chicken breasts! :laughing:

:rotfl:
She has an awful work schedule that necessitates her waking at 3:30AM to get to work by 4:45, so that she can treat patients and finish her work day 12 hours later! I don’t know how people work that hard/long!

Such is the life of a nurse.
z22WDW0209EP03.jpg

It's over-the-top. I wish they'd just get done. I'd really hoped they'd have finished by the 50th.

Awww!

I think it's a tie between that and SE for my favorite EPCOT rides.

That looks interesting! More like a dumpling sort of. I think I'd like it!

Yeah, that'd be a hard pass for me. Doesn't look appealing at all.

We also got this beverage Blood Orange Cosmo: Vodka with Blood Orange, Cranberry and Lime. Sorry about the blurry picture. I liked this one a lot.

NOW we're talking! YUM!!

Sunsets over the lagoon are so pretty, and pretty much from any angle too.

We got to La Haceinda de San Angel at 6:30 and tried to see if they could move up our 7:15 reservation, but no dice, they were running right on time. However, that gave Kari and her fiance the opportunity to catch up with us and say quick "hi". We didn’t take a picture, but trust me it happened. If you don’t believe me wait until tomorrow. I have proof!
OH that's so awesome you got to see them!! It'd sure be fun to have a little reunion with some of the old gang- Honestly, we should plan something....

Holy tequila batman! Yum!

And for dinner we went for the Parrillada Del Mar, the Seafood platter for two. I read so many reviews of this on Yelp, many said that it was the best plate to be had on Disney property.

That's what MaryEllen and Denny and I got when we went there. So good and soooo much food!

We gave it a good shot, but there was no way we would even come close to finishing this platter.

Nope, MEK and Denny took our leftovers to their place, just too much. Although I can also say I'm pretty sure we got a dessert to share as well.

Those of you who are friends on FB might have seen the post I made that night about being “bring me a bucket” full.

LOL!! I do remember that!

Well....sometimes. we have a ton of Marie and other cats in plush.
I did not know that.
And she bought the Jungle Cruise game to play with Jenny and Michael.
Oh!
Is it fun?
We buy all out meats when they are on sale. I have two freezers full of all kinds of meats and such. In fact I just made my 2022 "meat schedule" a couple weeks ago to ensure I go through all of them.
We just don’t eat enough meat for me to do that. Plus I prefer the taste of fresh vs frozen.

Yay!!! I found your trip report! I love reading these! What grocer do you prefer for delivery?

Story of my life!

And becoming mine too.....

Bizarre is one way to put it. ;)

Not sure what else to say because the things you can't find are so freakin' random it's just odd.

Such is the life of a nurse.

I don't know how y'all do it.

It's over-the-top. I wish they'd just get done. I'd really hoped they'd have finished by the 50th.

Evidently labor shortages and other things are slowing everything down.

I think it's a tie between that and SE for my favorite EPCOT rides.

I've never thought about my favorite Epcot ride, but I think I know what it's gonna be! :hyper:

That looks interesting! More like a dumpling sort of. I think I'd like it!

It was definitely good! Lots of broth.

Yeah, that'd be a hard pass for me. Doesn't look appealing at all.

It wasn't at all what we expected. It wasn't too bad, but we weren't going to waste calories or stomach space finishing it after we had a few tastes and ate the curds.

Sunsets over the lagoon are so pretty, and pretty much from any angle too.

Yeah, I don't think you can go wrong there.

OH that's so awesome you got to see them!! It'd sure be fun to have a little reunion with some of the old gang- Honestly, we should plan something....

I'm generally open. at this point.....

Holy tequila batman! Yum!

That's what MaryEllen and Denny and I got when we went there. So good and soooo much food!

Nope, MEK and Denny took our leftovers to their place, just too much. Although I can also say I'm pretty sure we got a dessert to share as well.

You remember I was "bring me a bucket full"?

LOL!! I do remember that!

OK, Yes you do.

I did not know that.

Now you do!

Oh!
Is it fun?

Don't know, we haven't played it with them yet.

We just don’t eat enough meat for me to do that. Plus I prefer the taste of fresh vs frozen.

I'm not sure I know the difference. But $4.99 per lb Frozen Prime Rib tastes a lot better to me than $14.99 Fresh Prime Rib. I also don't notice the difference in chicken, pork chops or Rib Eye steaks. I also buy most fish flash frozen in 4 oz portions. I do notice the difference when we pay $19.95 per pound or when my Mom paid $27.99 per pound over Christmas, but I'm OK with 2 lbs for $25.99 frozen when it was $17.99 just six months ago. They still taste good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter