The Trip Where Nothing Really Bad Happened - The End 6/1, Bonus Features: Disney 100 Celebration, Mickey Minnie Runaway Railway queue 2/8

Sounds like a great line up!
Too bad they were out of the steak.
Dannnggg!
This is why we don't like to go on weekends.
So I thought yum!! However then I thought I'd want some tortilla chips with it!
Yeah, there should have been something like crackers or chips.
Were they soft and squishy inside
I don't remember, I only had one bite and didn't like it.
Out of the good stuff!
Which was sad.
These do look delish!
::yes::
Man this picture, I want it all!
It was good.
I think I'd be wanting the green apple one first also, I'm not a huge banana person, although I do like cherry and ginger
I actually like real wine better than flavored things, but I was happy for any bevvies I could convince the others to try.
Heaven, I'm in heaven...I love chocolate hazelnut stuff!
You can have all of mine! :laughing:
Boy those were some stressful weeks :hugs:
Onwards!
Just looking to get beyond this whole ordeal at this point.

So it’s been a while since I’ve been able to update, but I’ve been busy with all kinds of stuff that I’m not even sure what has been keeping me busy. Fran was in the hospital for about a month. She was released at the end of April just a few days before my birthday.

We had a small celebration and she bowed out about halfway through to retire to the bedroom. She continued to improve and was even scheduled to have her second surgery on July 1st. However due to a series of unfortunate incidents, the surgery was canceled and finally last Friday we got a new surgery date for next week. To say she is anxious to put this behind her is an understatement.

But back to last May. It had been a long time since I last visited the park and Jenny and I really wanted to go out there as well. We weren’t so much missing the rides as much as our favorite spots for adult beverages and just the whole ambience of the place.

One of the problems of visiting the park in my current situation is that I can’t leave Fran at home for any lengthy period of time. Until she gets her second surgery, she has an open wound that needs attention so about the longest I can go away from home is about 4-5 hours. Otherwise I need to come back and address the situation.

She gave Jenny and I a pass on this particular day and we couldn’t wait to get out to the park. Our first stop was going to be drinks (it really had been a while!) But we got out there too early and found ourselves trying to kill time until 11AM when things started to open. We walked around the area between Radiator Springs and Pacific Wharf just killing time for a bit. No one was in the park yet!

This Cactus was in full bloom.

It must have been wildlife day at the park. First we saw this little bunny.

Then these geese were walking around.

And then this family of ducks.

We decided to tour the Boudin Bakery. I’d actually never been inside here since it changed from the tortilla factory to the bakery.

They even give you some free bread!

It’s actually a real working bakery. These loaves are in the rising process. The whole thing is automated for the most part. There are bakers who are guiding the loaves during some of the key parts.

Here is a close up of those loaves as they move to the next step.

After the dough goes on it’s little trip over the guests heads, it comes back down into the bakery area.

Then one of the bakers removes the dough from it’s little pocket and places it on a tray to finish rising.

Here are some of the finished loaves.

They even make these specialty loaves for guests.

Finally it was time that we could go and get ourselves some tasty beverages!

Neither of us had been able to go out and just relax for so long, we just sort of sat around enjoying doing nothing and chatting away.

For dessert we decided on Chocolate Martinis and these were the BEST chocolate martinis that I ever remember having!

Now that we were feeling happy, we decided to go on a few rides!

After Guardians, we decided to hop over to Disneyland and go on some of the rides there.

Unfortunately we didn’t even get past Main Street because I got a call from Fran, and she said that she needed me to come home. So we picked up some popcorn on Main Street to help us sober up. Not that waiting in line for Guardians didn’t help, but this was just an added bonus.

I was riding my scooter and we kept having to stop for me to grab a handful of popcorn, so Jenny started to “baby bird” me. She loves to put the “smother” in Mother!

We drove home like crazy teenagers blasting my playlist of songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s while belting out the lyrics at the top of our voices. Fun times!

To say she is anxious to put this behind her is an understatement.
I bet.

:hug:
We weren’t so much missing the rides as much as our favorite spots for adult beverages and just the whole ambience of the place.
Ya gotta have your priorities.
Our first stop was going to be drinks (it really had been a while!)
:laughing:
No one was in the park yet!

The place is empty!
This Cactus was in full bloom.
That's both cool, and pretty!
We don't have many cactii up here.
It must have been wildlife day at the park. First we saw this little bunny.
Point of order.

Thumper.
Then these geese were walking around.
Of course if there's gonna be tourists, they'd be Canadian.
And then this family of ducks.
Donald... Daisy... and one of the nephews...
We decided to tour the Boudin Bakery. I’d actually never been inside here since it changed from the tortilla factory to the bakery.
I've heard of that. I'd like to see it too.
They even give you some free bread!
What's better than bread? Free bread!
Here is a close up of those loaves as they move to the next step.
Oh! Didn't realize they moved.
Here are some of the finished loaves.
mmmmmm...
They even make these specialty loaves for guests.
I'm starting to drool!
x22DL0616DD15(1).jpg
Very pretty shot of you ladies. :)
I know what you're having, what was Jenny having?
For dessert we decided on Chocolate Martinis and these were the BEST chocolate martinis that I ever remember having!
High praise!
Now that we were feeling happy, we decided to go on a few rides!
:laughing: Wee!!!
At first, I was going to say "Shame that guy in front of you put his arm up."

:rolleyes1
Unfortunately we didn’t even get past Main Street because I got a call from Fran, and she said that she needed me to come home.
:(
Too bad.
I was riding my scooter and we kept having to stop for me to grab a handful of popcorn, so Jenny started to “baby bird” me. She loves to put the “smother” in Mother!

:rotfl:
We drove home like crazy teenagers blasting my playlist of songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s
Yusss... :thumbsup2
while belting out the lyrics at the top of our voices.
Even better!

Welcome back!

Well it's been me that's been having a difficult time updating lately.

She's hanging in there.
I know what you mean. Doing updates on TR's is time consuming. But it is enjoyable to share the experience at the parks. I was looking at doing a LIVE stream at the parks on one of the days I'm down there.

That's good to read.

Caught up on your WDW updates. As always I do enjoy reading your updates and how you enjoy your time at WDW.

Now to catch up on your DLR updates.

So it’s been a while since I’ve been able to update, but I’ve been busy with all kinds of stuff that I’m not even sure what has been keeping me busy. Fran was in the hospital for about a month. She was released at the end of April just a few days before my birthday.
As with all of my hiatuses from the DIS for various live stuffs, I will have to pick it up here. Luckily, (or not) you've been as busy as me!!

I'm just soooo glad Fran was able to pull through this; it'll be a long road she's in good hands!

To say she is anxious to put this behind her is an understatement.
OH man, I'd imagine so!!!
One of the problems of visiting the park in my current situation is that I can’t leave Fran at home for any lengthy period of time. Until she gets her second surgery, she has an open wound that needs attention so about the longest I can go away from home is about 4-5 hours. Otherwise I need to come back and address the situation.
She is so lucky to have you!
trying to kill time until 11AM when things started to open. We walked around the area between Radiator Springs and Pacific Wharf just killing time for a bit. No one was in the park yet!
I can think of far worse places to kill time!! ;)
A saguaro in bloom is a beautiful thing!
Perfection!!
:lmao:

Another lurker here!!! I love your reports! You’re never posting to the crickets… lurkers don’t make that much noise, we’re quiet. Lol

Just peeking in Alison. :) Trying to force myself to take a day off of the paper writing stuff to check in on friends. :)

Hi Alison- just wanted to say that I have probably read all of your trip reports and really enjoy the way you combine Disney and that fact that life continues to happen, even at Disney. I have loved following along. Glad that Frans' medical journey has begun successful at this stage and is moving in a positive direction one step at a time. My best to you both.

I just wanted to pop on and say I love all your TRs, this one included. Whilst I don't always have time to come on a comment (usually read at work when I'm supposed to be doing anything else) I enjoy them immensely so thank you for the time you take to bring us a bit of Disney life!
I hope Fran is starting to be on the mend a little and 2023 might be a slightly easier year for you both! Take care

Sorry it's been a while, going to see if I can throw in a couple more updates.

That's both cool, and pretty!
We don't have many cactii up here.
With all the water restrictions down here, they are becoming even more common in people's yards. They give you rebates to take out lawns and put in drought resistant plants.
Point of order.

Thumper.
Sounds right.
Of course if there's gonna be tourists, they'd be Canadian.
That's a long way to fly.....
Donald... Daisy... and one of the nephews...
Plausible....
I've heard of that. I'd like to see it too.
Well sometime, we need to get you back down to visit again!
What's better than bread? Free bread!
I keep forgetting about the free bread! They're remodeling that area now, they're turning it into San Fransokyo
Oh! Didn't realize they moved.
It's a little conveyor belt of sorts.
Very pretty shot of you ladies. :)
Thank you :blush:
I know what you're having, what was Jenny having?
I think it was a Hemingway daquiri, but I could be wrong.
At first, I was going to say "Shame that guy in front of you put his arm up."

:rolleyes1
His arm would have had to bend really funny to do that! :laughing:
Yusss... :thumbsup2
Even better!

We're wild and crazy like that!

I know what you mean. Doing updates on TR's is time consuming. But it is enjoyable to share the experience at the parks. I was looking at doing a LIVE stream at the parks on one of the days I'm down there.

I'm hoping to get back into it again now that our apartments are all rented, and hopefully Fran is basically stable.

Caught up on your WDW updates. As always I do enjoy reading your updates and how you enjoy your time at WDW.

Now to catch up on your DLR updates.

Well, I'm sure I gave you enough time! :laughing:

With all the water restrictions down here, they are becoming even more common in people's yards. They give you rebates to take out lawns and put in drought resistant plants.
Really! Have you done any? I remember a very pretty tree in the backyard.
That's a long way to fly.....
Meh. Just have to flap your arms a bit longer.
Well sometime, we need to get you back down to visit again!
Yes! ::yes::
I think it was a Hemingway daquiri, but I could be wrong.
I don’t remember what it looked like.
We're wild and crazy like that!
:crazy:

As with all of my hiatuses from the DIS for various live stuffs, I will have to pick it up here. Luckily, (or not) you've been as busy as me!!
I had to do the same thing with your TR. And still I had to play catch up!
I'm just soooo glad Fran was able to pull through this; it'll be a long road she's in good hands!
We still have a lot ahead of us.
She is so lucky to have you!
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but actually she is.
I can think of far worse places to kill time!! ;)
::yes::
A saguaro in bloom is a beautiful thing!
:thumbsup2

Another lurker here!!! I love your reports! You’re never posting to the crickets… lurkers don’t make that much noise, we’re quiet. Lol
Well thank you for chiming in! I'm hoping to do a few more updates before I start my TR for my cruise coming up.

Hi Alison- just wanted to say that I have probably read all of your trip reports and really enjoy the way you combine Disney and that fact that life continues to happen, even at Disney.

Glad to hear from you! I have lots if friends who say they completely unplug on vacation, but in our line of work that's just not possible. So we just ha e to roll with it.

I have loved following along. Glad that Frans' medical journey has begun successful at this stage and is moving in a positive direction one step at a time. My best to you both.

When I wrote those things, I truly thought we were near the end. Now it's looking more like the same time this year. :sad2:

I just wanted to pop on and say I love all your TRs, this one included. Whilst I don't always have time to come on a comment (usually read at work when I'm supposed to be doing anything else) I enjoy them immensely so thank you for the time you take to bring us a bit of Disney life!
I appreciate you taking the time to chime in! It's nice knowing that people are out there reading!
I hope Fran is starting to be on the mend a little and 2023 might be a slightly easier year for you both! Take care
I sure hope we never have another year like 2022 again! This year will likely be better, but it won't get all better for quite a while.

Really! Have you done any? I remember a very pretty tree in the backyard.

We haven't made any landscaping changes. I'm not sure what tree you might be talking about. Most of our trees in the backyard are Palm Trees. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter