The Trip: Titanic the Experience.

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
What a FANTASTIC episode this week of the Trip! This is what I thought the Trip show would/should be about in the first place taking you to events/dining/experiences that you would not normally have. Quite an informative and fun episode! I always got these advertisements when we stayed at the hotels in Orlando, however I didn't want to throw any days away to do them.

This is now a must do on a rainy day / free day in Orlando.

I loved Dustin's personal feelings about the Titanic - while I disagree it was fun to get his feelings on historical preservation.

Teresa sharing a moment as she touched the iceberg was also a good insight how this attraction is more than just a diner show.

I can't wait for next week's episode, did anyone else highly enjoy this weeks episode?

I went to youtube, it popped up for a minute and then said it has been deleted, where did it go?

I'll paste what I posted on FB: "Here's how I know this was a great episode...you guys discussed an attraction that A)I've never visited, and B)I'm 99.9 percent sure I'll never visit, and yet for an hour, I was fascinated by your description and discussion of it. You all have really hit your groove."

This was a fantastic episode. I have been fascinated by Titanic history since I read a book by Dr. Ballard when I was in 3rd grade (was a member of the historical society when I was in high school). I share Dustin's views on the recovery of artifacts from the ship itself, though I also share Theresa's view on the struggle of wanting to see those artifacts, yet also wanting the resting place of the ship and its passengers to be respected as a gravesite. It is such a powerful piece of history in so many ways. I have seen traveling exhibits that came to nearby museums, and they do sound similar, but I don't remember the guided tour aspect. I think I, too, would have an issue with some of the off color jokes..even understanding where those jokes fell in the chronology of the exhibit. The pool joke, especially..just not necessary. I really hope you guys provide your feedback on the script to the exhibition. Of course there's no guarantee they'll pay any attention to it, but maybe it will help even if only a little.

Thank you for reviewing this! I had no idea there was something like this in Orlando. Between this and the Orlando 360 area, I think we have some good options for a non-WDW day the next time we head down!

I very much enjoyed this episode (but of course, I can say that about almost all of them so far). This week's show was particularly interesting to me as we had visited this attraction in 2012 and I was eager to see how our impressions and opinions differed from the Podcast crew's.

I love the fact that The Trip is opening the eyes of their viewers/listeners, one show at a time, of how much more to Orlando there is than just the 3 major theme park families. There is so incredibly much to see and do in Central Florida, its nice to see some of those unique attractions recognized and discussed.

I also want to give a huge shout out to Teresa, in particular, who I think is an absolute gem. I just love her personality.....she brings so much to The Trip.

Last edited:

I enjoyed the show, as always. I really like hearing reviews of attractions outside of the Disney bubble. There is so much to see and do and it's hard to know which ones are worth the price of admission. Keep them coming. Some of us don't do all Disney all the time when we come for our visits so this information is really invaluable.

Based on the review I don't think I would try this attraction. I love all things Titanic but this sounded cheesy

Did this in Las Vegas and it was a self-guided tour with headphones. The tour you three went on sounds very familiar except for the tour guide. The passenger I was assigned didn't make-it onto a lifeboat :worried:. Great episode!

I'll paste what I posted on FB: "Here's how I know this was a great episode...you guys discussed an attraction that A)I've never visited, and B)I'm 99.9 percent sure I'll never visit, and yet for an hour, I was fascinated by your description and discussion of it. You all have really hit your groove."

Yeah, I'm in agreement. I enjoyed their discussion of it and liked hearing their opinions; even though this would be toward the bottom of my list of things to visit while in Orlando. I do love history and museums, and I'd mostly likely go for a self guided tour like Dustin said if I were to ever go...it's just that I've been to a Titanic exhibit once, eons ago, in St. Pete I think. It sounds very similar to this experience, so I don't feel the need to repeat it. But the podcast did a great job covering it...without many pictures or video even! (Full disclosure: I love all the podcasts - I think I'd watch them talk about paint drying - I may need help!)

I agree as well! This was an awesome episode! This attraction is now on my to do list! I would love to see a similar episode covering a local Orlando attraction like the History Center or the Orlando Science Center? It would be great to see some exposure to Orlando's many local attractions that are often overlooked by most visitors to the area.

Well that's what I meant sorry if my wording was off I'd also need to lose some parts to be a waitress ;p

Did this in Las Vegas and it was a self-guided tour with headphones. The tour you three went on sounds very familiar except for the tour guide. The passenger I was assigned didn't make-it onto a lifeboat :worried:. Great episode!

The team suggested it seemed as if it were a temporary exhibit, and maybe it is or at least was. For a while this same exhibit or at least a very similar one traveled the country. I can't imagine that there are too many of these exhibits because how many Titanic artifacts can there be?

I also did this experience in Pittsburgh and Chicago a number of years ago. I did it with a friend when I visited her in Chicago, and then it came to Pittsburgh where I lived and some other friends wanted to see it so I went again.

Based on the review, this seems like the same exhibit I did in both those cities without the tour guide. It has been so many years now, I don't recall if we had an option in either city to do the tour with a guide and we just opted to do it ourselves or if there was no tour guide option.

Last edited:
Based on the review, this seems like the same exhibit I did in both those cities without the tour guide. It has been so many years now, I don't recall if we had an option in either city to do the tour with a guide and we just opted to do it ourselves or if there was no tour guide option.

Several years ago the Titanic exhibit came to our city and dh & I took the tour (no guide - on the exact anniversary day) It was very sad and creepy. We were handed a card with a name and told to check at the end to see if we'd 'made' it on a lifeboat - don't think either of us did.

There were exhibits (artifacts) of the actual children's shoes, clothing, suitcases, dolls, women's and men's clothing, personal items, china, tiling, etc. It was really upsetting to us - wished we had not gone to it. It was 'too' visual - could nearly hear the screams of horror - we were so shook up.

Now, we've seen the Titanic looking ship building in several cities - really hate to see it looking like a tourist trap.

I agree with King Llama - I don't know if I'll ever go to the Titanic experience, but I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the team's review of their experience.

Love The Trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter