The Stickiest Toffiest pudding ever!

magicmouse2

DIS Veteran
I had this yesterday in a local pub restaurant here in the UK. I have NEVER had a pudding like it ever before. It was a rectangular slice of toffee pudding which was made with dates - though mashed and no longer whole and black treacle The pudding itself wasnt that sweet though the sauce was. :goodvibes On top was a scoop of vanilla icecream and the whole thing was floating in a moat of caramel cream butterscotch sauce which was aptly named ' Gods Sauce'. I am telling you, you could not get anything as sinful as this in any signature dining restuarant in WDW! I dont know if you use black treacle in the USA but if you can get it and make toffee pudding this is a must! I am going to try and get the recipe and post it though it must have a zillion calories in it! :love:

Okay, I think black treacle is similar to molasses here.

Now, a pudding you can cut still has me stumped.

campingcorgi said:
Okay, I think black treacle is similar to molasses here.

Now, a pudding you can cut still has me stumped.

Puddings in England can be very different than "pudding" here. But when it comes to cutting, don't forget bread pudding. And correct me if I'm wrong, but pudding from across the pond is, many times, bread based.

This is not exactly that recipe, but it's good!
Date-Nut pudding
1/2 cup sugar 3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter 1 cup chopped dates
1-1/2 cups flour 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1-1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp grated orange rind

2 cups boiling water 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Mix granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in medium bowl. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon onto wax paper.; blend into sugar mixture alternately with milk. stir in dates, nuts, vanilla and orange rind; pour into a buttered 9" square pan. Combine water, brown sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan; heat until bubbling; pour over batter. Bake in 350º oven for 45 minutes or until the top is sticky-firm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter